Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2018, 11:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Let's see.
  • Trump has been in the public limelight for 35+ years
  • Had a highly rated TV shown for 14 seasons on the very PC, leftist NBC.
  • Has business interests around the world.
Not once during all that time was he ever accused of being a racist. UNTIL.......

He decided to run against Hillary Clinton. And the baseless accusations now are still coming from that machine. Because Democrats are in big trouble if they can't keep their voters on those Democrat Plantations.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:44 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It leaves this. Will America ever be truly united?
I think so.

We have to remember, that in general, we see and hear the extremes (both sides) in the news, otherwise it's not news. I hope it gives a false sense of division.

I could be totally wrong. I thought racism was essentially dead, the remnants of old people and fringe groups. Last couple years I learned I was very wrong about that.

Perhaps societies need to go through spells like this in order to spur greater change (and hopefully for the good)?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-03-2018, 11:45 AM

Quote:
The sources given are alot more than you are giving. Show a source that Trump didn't say those things. You claim he didn't say it. Burden of proof is on you. There are links to sources saying he said it. So far Trump has not contested this.

What Sources? Name them. You guys are just making it up. Throw out a false accusation and believe it without proof or question. Critically thinking adults don't do this.

It's more made up nonsense

Old 11-03-2018, 11:46 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,985,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
In an explosive interview with Vanity Fair, Michael Cohen confirms the obvious, that Donald Trump is a well documented racist who used racially charged rhetoric frequently prior to his election. Is anyone surprised? Yet according to some, Trumps overall approved among Blacks stands at a staggering 50%.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...social_twitter
You guys already tried this hearsay during the Kavanaugh hearings, how'd that work out for you?

Old 11-03-2018, 11:49 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
What Sources? Name them. You guys are just making it up. Throw out a false accusation and believe it without proof or question. Critically thinking adults don't do this.

It's more made up nonsense
Here you go.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/02/mich...te-for-me.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ge-vanity-fair

And Michael Cohen, Trump's old lawyer, is the one telling this stuff. If this was known to be a lie, then why has there not been a law suit against Cohen for libel? After all, Trump is the President and could do all matter of damage to Cohen if these were all lies.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:51 AM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Here you go.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/02/mich...te-for-me.html

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ge-vanity-fair

And Michael Cohen, Trump's old lawyer, is the one telling this stuff. If this was known to be a lie, then why has there not been a law suit against Cohen for libel? After all, Trump is the President and could do all matter of damage to Cohen if these were all lies.

They will never admit anything. They don't understand (or care) how anonymous sources work and even given a video they will claim it was doctored. There is not a discussion to had with some.

A dialogue is important, but not with everyone.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-03-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Here you go.

Neither one of them said that Trump said it. Try again.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
They will never admit anything. They don't understand (or care) how anonymous sources work and even given a video they will claim it was doctored. There is not a discussion to had with some.

A dialogue is important, but not with everyone.
Are you truly kidding?

Anonymous Sources? So you are saying that as long as CNN, WaPo, NYT, NBC, ABC, CBS tells you something without proof, you are going to believe it without question?

If so, they love you for it. Now you know why they talk about Trump endlessly.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:56 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
In an explosive interview with Vanity Fair, Michael Cohen confirms the obvious, that Donald Trump is a well documented racist who used racially charged rhetoric frequently prior to his election. Is anyone surprised? Yet according to some, Trumps overall approved among Blacks stands at a staggering 50%.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...social_twitter
Too bad, that was not caught on all those tapes he had of Trump.
Meaning... It never happened. Just more slander.

Old 11-03-2018, 11:59 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I think so.

We have to remember, that in general, we see and hear the extremes (both sides) in the news, otherwise it's not news. I hope it gives a false sense of division.

I could be totally wrong. I thought racism was essentially dead, the remnants of old people and fringe groups. Last couple years I learned I was very wrong about that.

Perhaps societies need to go through spells like this in order to spur greater change (and hopefully for the good)?
The initial signs do not look encouraging. While the news does show some extremes, I tend to see stupid things in real life. Facebook is one example. While racism might be diminishing with each generation, it has not died. Racial prejudice has not died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies