Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2018, 03:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,483,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
In an explosive interview with Vanity Fair, Michael Cohen confirms the obvious, that Donald Trump is a well documented racist who used racially charged rhetoric frequently prior to his election. Is anyone surprised? Yet according to some, Trumps overall approved among Blacks stands at a staggering 50%.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2018...social_twitter
Did Trump say it or did Cohen say Trump said it?

There was a big bru-haha when Trump announced he was going to Milwaukee to campaign. At the time, Milwaukee was experiencing a protracted riot.

Reality was, Trump campaigned in a white suburb to a white audience and asked non- present black voters, something along the lines of “ what do you have to lose by voting for me”?

The whole deal was goofy.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:01 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,828,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Just look at yourself jumpin when vanity fair says jump. Feel a fool?

Those sort of comments are not out of character based on other things Trump has said and done. It isn't much of a leap to find this source credible it's consistent with what he does and says.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:01 PM

1,885 posts, read 3,385,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
Still waiting for that video of Trump saying ‘That’s because black people are too stupid to vote for me.’

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????
Why should corroborating evidence be considered a smoking gun when the legitimacy of the Access Hollywood audio of Trump in his own words, was denied by him.

Trump’s actions over the course of his campaign and presidency is all the proof I need.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,512,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthDeKalb View Post
Why should corroborating evidence be considered a smoking gun when the legitimacy of the Access Hollywood audio of Trump in his own words, was denied by him.

Trump’s actions over the course of his campaign and presidency is all the proof I need.

Ahem.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:05 PM

20,956 posts, read 8,584,827 times
Can we coin a term as to what describes the angst of Deplorables when (and if) a true Blue Wave hits tuesday? Just wondering if that is going to be a syndrome? If the two big races in Florida both go Dem (one to a black dude!), that is definitely going to cause a stir. Same goes for quite a few red state Gov.Races.

It's almost a lock that more Americans will see 2019 under a Dem. Governor than under Trumps team....something which we've heard time and time again could never happen. After all, with so many people walking away it would seem impossible!

Let's stay tuned. Personally, there is nothing Trump would say that would surprise me. I'm sure he has called his wives much worse than he's called blacks.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:06 PM

72,817 posts, read 62,167,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Just look at yourself jumpin when vanity fair says jump. Feel a fool?
And look at you dodging someone asking you to come up with proof when you said "fake news". You are the one "jumping". When you found something you did not agree with, you screamed "fake news". I called your bluff and told you that burden of proof is on you. You are the one acting in a cowardly manner. Not only have you not come up with proof of "fake news", you try to turn this around on me to keep from admitting that you can't come up with any proof. I'd have more respect for you if you admitted that you don't like what was said about Trump.

Old 11-02-2018, 04:06 PM

29,440 posts, read 22,361,743 times
Fake news

Old 11-02-2018, 04:07 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,751,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
well thats basically what you said. i think those that haven't largely have done so due to their own doing. i never said blacks aren't doing well or better. that is not true. i don't think its very intelligent to blindly vote for one party just because its what black people are supposed to do. and the use of the uncle tom term towards people who don't fall in line is disgusting and worse than the n word in my opinion. yes, i think affirm action programs/generational welfare/etc do more harm than good by creating the soft bigotry of low expectations that has been written about.

No you said we were stupid for voting for Democrats - you expressed a traditionally racist view - meaning you feel we have an inferior mind versus whites when it comes to voting habits.

You can recount all your talking points and blahblahblah that all you conservatives say - but facts are that over the past 50 years, black people have excelled extremely fast on all socio-economic fronts as a demographic. We have done so during an era where the majority of us have voted Democratic - yet you think we are stupid and that we have gotten "nothing" from our voting record.

I'll note in general - I don't think a particular party does a specific thing one way or another, not even social welfare programs (which primarily benefit conservative white people BTW); however there were very specific policy issues passed by Democrats that greatly benefited black Americans' lives over the years. Black Democrats have also risen in rank and made our issues topics of importance to the Democratic Party since the 1970s. For you to think that there haven't been, is you not being aware of what is important to black people in this country. A minority of us, like whites, use welfare or are generationally on welfare. We also don't have low expectations of ourselves to any wide degree - you all do - hence you believing we are "stupid" like Cohen mentioned that Trump does.

Black people have always felt we were the same as all other people - we have good/bad, smart/dumb, tolerant/intolerant folks amongst us, just like you. However, we also have demographically been negatively impacted for hundreds of years by racism and racist policies. We are smart enough to see racism in a policy. You'll argue that it is not racism when we know it is, because you have no experience with it to be able to recognize what it is.

You believing black people are stupid is a symptom of your own psychosis. I don't believe anyone is dumb based on the way they vote. They just have a different POV than my own. You think we're stupid lol. There's a big difference there and you are the one who needs some counseling and to read a dictionary about what racism involves (which is believing someone is inferior/superior to another group of people based on ethnic origins - i.e. believing 90% of black people are stupid).

Old 11-02-2018, 04:08 PM

3,135 posts, read 3,764,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Except it didn't come from The Onion or any other satirical media.
Oh but it did, you just don't realize it yet...have a wonderful City Data Day!

Old 11-02-2018, 04:08 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,166,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Except it didn't come from The Onion or any other satirical media.
This information came from Michael Cohen directly to the author of the article.

If Michael Cohen did not say any of this, the author would be sued for libel, called a liar by Cohen, and have her reputation ruined.

If Michael Cohen made it up, then he would be sued by Trump. Trump could claim it is all a lie, but in the back of his mind he doesn't know (1) if he said it, and thinks he probably did, and/or (2) if Cohen taped it.

If there is continued silence from the WH, we can probably assume it is all true. Not at all difficult to believe he said it either.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/02/mich...te-for-me.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies