Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 07:13 AM

11,350 posts, read 16,714,274 times

Advertisements

What in the world is wrong with these people? (Hey, I'm being kind here for choosing my words wisely).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Afghan woman was beheaded last week after she refused to be a prostitute despite her mother-in-law’s urging, the AFP reported.

The woman was identified as Mah Gul, 20, who reportedly lived in Herat province in western Afghanistan. This was not the first time the mother-in-law tried to force her into prostitution, authorities said, according to the AFP report.

Four people were arrested in connection to the killing, the AFP reported. One suspect, Najibullah, reportedly said at 2 a.m. the mother-in-law alerted him that Gul was a prostitute and "with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife."

Read more: Afghan woman beheaded for refusing to be a prostitute | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2012, 07:15 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Islam really is a strange religion. Young girls can be killed for being a prostitute or not being a prostitute -- and by their own family members.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:17 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times
Yeah, the human rights situation in much of the world (especially for women) is terrible. Seems to be part of our DNA, but the 2/3 of humanity with compassion has been gaining ground over the 1/3 for a couple generations now. Let's hope it continues and try to do our best to promote non-violence, compassion, and equal opportunities/rights for all humans.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Religious whackos in third world countries. What are you going to do, kill them all?

Best leave the devil to his work. Nothing can change these backwards beliefs but time. I'm not saying this isn't evil, or wrong, or pathetic, they most certainly are.

Hell we lock women up for being prostitutes here also. What happened to freedom? Freedom, like most control, is an illusion, even here in our own country. I'm sure most of the afghans placate their conscious with some of the same tired arguments we use for restricting freedom here. People, despite popular belief, aren't that different anywhere in the world.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Religious whackos in third world countries. What are you going to do, kill them all?

Best leave the devil to his work. Nothing can change these backwards beliefs but time. I'm not saying this isn't evil, or wrong, or pathetic, they most certainly are.

Hell we lock women up for being prostitutes here also. What happened to freedom? Freedom, like most control, is an illusion, even here in our own country. I'm sure most of the afghans placate their conscious with some of the same tired arguments we use for restricting freedom here. People, despite popular belief, aren't that different anywhere in the world.
My comment excludes no countries or nationalities. I was not speaking in terms of borders or geographic areas. I made no mention (nor had any thought) of killing anyone.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel and The Dolphin View Post
Yeah, the human rights situation in much of the world (especially for women) is terrible. Seems to be part of our DNA, but the 2/3 of humanity with compassion has been gaining ground over the 1/3 for a couple generations now. Let's hope it continues and try to do our best to promote non-violence, compassion, and equal opportunities/rights for all humans.
What? This was a woman that wanted the young woman killed because she didn't want to be a prostitute. Women can be every bit as evil as men obviously.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 AM

[quote=malamute;26590475]What? This was a woman that wanted the young woman killed because she didn't want to be a prostitute. Women can be every bit as evil as men obviously.[/quote

This should be appended on to my previous response about geography, etc.:

I didn't mention gender (aside from that women are more frequently victimized than men), nor religion, nor ANY of the created human barriers.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:41 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
And people in this country are having a tizzy over a "binders of women" statement. Perception is always an interesting thing.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:45 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
And people in this country are having a tizzy over a "binders of women" statement. Perception is always an interesting thing.
And we arrest an adult woman for being a prostitute and detain her in jail.

Why? I know its not death, and its certainly not a beheading, but its still pretty screwed up to lock a grown person up in jail for having sex, for whatever reason, with a consenting adult.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
What in the world is wrong with these people? (Hey, I'm being kind here for choosing my words wisely).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An Afghan woman was beheaded last week after she refused to be a prostitute despite her mother-in-law’s urging, the AFP reported.

The woman was identified as Mah Gul, 20, who reportedly lived in Herat province in western Afghanistan. This was not the first time the mother-in-law tried to force her into prostitution, authorities said, according to the AFP report.

Four people were arrested in connection to the killing, the AFP reported. One suspect, Najibullah, reportedly said at 2 a.m. the mother-in-law alerted him that Gul was a prostitute and "with the help of her mother-in-law killed her with a knife."

Read more: Afghan woman beheaded for refusing to be a prostitute | Fox News
That's pretty extreme, so they're not into selling off women for a herd of goats/sheep anymore?

We have to remember those people in the ME, at least some, aren't civilized yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies