Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 09:44 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Asian Americans historically faced more discrimination than any group

That is pure lunacy. They faced NONE.

EVER.

Early on, Blacks and Indians faced discrimination. Now Whites do.

But Asian-Americans?

Never.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 10:05 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Exactly. That's why people like SilverKris are arbiters of our cultural heritage in America and are special - because they're Americans.
No he was saying he and his group are Asian not assimilated American.

Quote:
And I'll bet the contributions Asians make in the way of contributing to society and through taxes outweigh your contributions, which may explain why you feel so threatened by them.
That's an elitist thing to say that Asians make more money than me even if it were true. I don't want people contributing their tax money when any other American could take their place. I just want them to stop coming here and serving as counter culture and counter voters and often times spies for the Chinese government (yes many are spying).

Old 11-10-2018, 10:11 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,870,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
So what's stopping you from moving to a monocultural backwater, since you're all hot and bothered about communities of people of color in substantial numbers? I don't give AF about your nostalgia for the old days and subsequent unhappiness with today's current demographics. You can either adapt or stay unhappy.
Because for starters I wasn't born in any back water. I was born in a prosperous middle class, like most all of America at the time, all white suburban area that has been diversified by global mass immigration.

Old 11-13-2018, 10:01 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,223,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
They work hard and achieve so much. Asians don't tend to play the victim....
National Council of Asian Pacific Americans

Old 11-14-2018, 06:35 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

EVER.

But Asian-Americans?

Never.
BS. My wife has been discriminated against several times.

Old 11-19-2018, 12:44 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,725,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post

EVER.

But Asian-Americans?

Never.
https://www.history.com/topics/world...can-relocation

Old 11-19-2018, 04:23 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Because for starters I wasn't born in any back water. I was born in a prosperous middle class, like most all of America at the time, all white suburban area that has been diversified by global mass immigration.
Well, we're your neighbors. You can either deal with us like anyone else, or be unhappy and go away.

I'm not going away. This is my home.

Old 01-23-2019, 03:57 PM

4 posts, read 3,446 times
Quote:
Well, we're your neighbors. You can either deal with us like anyone else, or be unhappy and go away.

I'm not going away. This is my home.
Agree. We Asian people made as much contribution to American as others. The diversity today in some cities make up the new face of America whether some like or not.

Old 12-07-2019, 09:35 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
It's a liberal conundrum for the left. Asian American are now "too successful and prosperous" to be taken seriously by democrats.

Democrats (and silicon valley and Ivy leagues) consider Asian Americans to pretty much be white. Which means no more handouts, race quotas, or affirmative action for them.

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the enemy. And democrats see all these rich Asians as the enemy.
Oh really?

So explain why Asian Americans, the "model minority" who is the shining beacon of what Republicans think should be Republican leaning voters, vote for Democrats overall at a 70-75% rate (similar to Jewish American voters)?

Old 12-07-2019, 09:56 AM

3,606 posts, read 1,657,123 times
Quote:
Oh really?

So explain why Asian Americans, the "model minority" who is the shining beacon of what Republicans think should be Republican leaning voters, vote for Democrats overall at a 70-75% rate (similar to Jewish American voters)?
Yep, Asians mainly vote Democrat similar to Jewish American voters...this won't change.

Asians at as a group have the highest gpa's/test scores, yet are still discriminated against at top Ivy League colleges (more likely privates) like Harvard. However, they will still be overrepresented at the more merit based publics (like University of California) and will be at ALL top colleges and completely deserve to be there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies