Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 05:59 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,826,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwave09 View Post
Pros: He actually cares about the country and people above himself and isn't easily bought off like other politicians since he was already a billionaire before entering politics.

He is against the globalist policies that have been uniformly supported by the establishment of both parties for decades that for years have been gradually weakening and destroying America.

He is making an effort to actually drain the swamp and is completely shaking up the corrupt political stagnation in Washington, and because of this is forcing many snakes and swamp creatures in DC to come into the light and expose who they really are to the public.

He is a disruptive catalyst of major change which is exactly what we needed in government, especially after Obama's touted "hope and change" slogans fell flat as he sold out to the establishment pretty quickly into his 1st term.

Cons: Hasn't dropped enough red pills on the public yet. But I believe this will change after the election red wave which will allow the swamp draining process to go into overdrive unimpeded.
And this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 06:41 AM

152 posts, read 98,767 times
Pro: He did seem to forge a decent trade deal with the EU some months ago. But it seems nothing is coming of it. I like that (possibly due to his rhetoric) he got North Korea to return some American soldiers' remains amd NK at least seems like they are willing to come to an agreement on nukes, then again never trust North Korea.

Con: He alienates almost everyone with his rhetoric, including leaders of countries that are supposed to be our allies; he's too cozy with autocratic dictators, his tariff policies, while well-intentioned, have been proven throughout history to be counterproductive and actually harm the economy. He's a tinfoil hat president that thinks everyone is out to get him, much like Richard Nixon.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:18 AM

6,485 posts, read 7,472,516 times
Thank you for those that responded, I see others had a hard time being objective.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:35 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,385,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
I think the question posed in this thread is a legitimate one, and I really want to respond honestly and seriously. I try to find some good in every person, no matter how much I might disagree with them. But, as hard as I try, I honestly can not find one thing about Donald Trump to say that is positive.

Even when he starts off, in some speech, sounding like he might actually say something good, he always blows it at the end by letting that little devil on his left shoulder take over his mouth. He does it time and time again, almost like he is totally unable to control himself.

I guess, if I had to find something nice to say, it would be that he seems to really care about his daughter Ivanka, and love her deeply. As a father myself, that is something I like about him.

There, I found something.
Among the redeeming traits for Hitler was he was anti-smoking and a dog person. Of course, even a list of Hitler's redeeming qualities are overlooked, and perhaps rightfully so, by his genocidal practices.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:13 AM

16,063 posts, read 10,636,083 times
Pro -- The only pro that I can possibly think of is the expanded dialogue with North Korea. The jury is still way out on whether this will have any kind of positive outcome and I suspect that North Korea will change (if at all) on their time and not ours. Trump was so uninformed about US policy toward NK that he simply blundered into the mess. Just like Nixon was the only president that could pull off the Red China visit because of his anti-communist resume, Trump is the only president to break the ice with NK but it was because he is so ridiculously uninformed and a risky loose cannon...but the result might be somewhat positive in the years ahead. North Korea may be playing him like a banjo so it will be his successor that will have to deal with the mess. At least NK and SK are talking more than before. Of course, I would not trust Trump to arrive at any lasting arrangement with NK or any other country that did not have something in it for him personally.

Con -- Putting his constant lies, fascist tendencies, criminality, twisted foreign and domestic policy, and gross mismanagement aside (as already sufficiently covered), the man is mentally unstable and probably well into senility on top of his other life-long faults of malignant narcissism and the absolute lack of a moral compass. Those basic problems underlie all of his daily actions and statements. He is, without a doubt, totally unsuited for the office of president and, in just two years, proven to be the worst president in our history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies