Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2018, 05:47 PM

21,478 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Not to mention, when the FBI interviewed someone from the party on his calendar that matched up with Ford's account (the only one), Mrs. Ford's attorney screamed "that was not the party... they are focusing on the wrong party". So...
Yep, I have a feeling they were saying oh f - - - when he pulled out that calendar. In my opinion, the goal was to be as vague as possible so they didn’t get caught in a lie. That’s how the fraternity at UVA got exonerated by “Jackie’s” claim in the Rolling Stone article. Much too specific and they were able to prove it was impossible because there were no parties that weekend because they went to a retreat or something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:06 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
I tend to lean to the left socially but I do not agree with the "you must always believe no matter what" mandate, and tbh the social pushes behind these things keep moving me further to the center.

I was a victim of a false accusation in high school; lucky for me the girl recanted but it still ruined two years of my life. Later on, when I was a manager at businesses, I had to deal with a few sexual harassment claims in which the accuser didn't realize that we had video and audio recordings that invalidated their claims, and also had recordings of them either threatening the person they accused or trying to get other women on board to get the guy fired or to get money out of the company. One of them pushed ahead despite the evidence against her and kept ratcheting up crazier and crazier claims, eventually coming after me and accusing me of gender and racial bias - for doing my job and proving she was a liar. And when that didn't stick, she claimed I harassed her, too. The (female) judge (in San Francisco) threw the case out but it caused multiple good and competent men to quit, and a couple women as well who didn't want to get swept up in the drama. It was a huge blow to the company and they ended up selling the business a few months later.

I was appalled at how the Kavanaugh controversy was so over the top emotional, based entirely on vague hearsay and anecdotal evidence, and was basically presented as a litmus test for human decency... "Sure there's no real, material evidence, but if you don't immediately jump on board and declare that you believe he's a rapist, then you are a terrible human being!" I don't agree with Kavanaugh on many, perhaps even most, of his positions, but that doesn't mean I support his character being assassinated by opportunistic liars.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:28 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Pretty much every caught rapist ever says they didn't do it.
Almost every plaintiff is telling the truth.

But you want to discredit the victims bc a couple people lied?
Ok.
But every rapist lies...

So, send innocent men to prison?

As for this truth that "almost" every plaintiff is telling, that would be one person's interpretation of what is true.

The reason we have courts and juries of one's peers is because the truth isn't always as simple as one person's version of the truth.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:02 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
I found it very strange watching the chaos that were the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. I kept hearing people say things like "why would she lie?" Well, apparently three of the people who have made accusations have fully admitted that they lied and one has said that her lawyer Michael Avenatti grossly misrepresented her story.

It was obvious to me. This was an 11th hour smear to try and stop a Supreme Court confirmation. No allegations were brought forward that had a snowball's chance in hell of being corroborated. The insane lengths that Democrats were willing to go in order to thwart the Republicans was beyond disgusting. "Forget about discussing his judicial record, let's make up a bunch of crap about him raping and such.." It really did drag the political discourse in this country farther into the toilet. Countless people in the country won't bother following the fallout and follow-up. They will forever remember Kavanaugh as "that guy who drugged and gang raped women all through college, got away with it and somehow got to be a Supreme Court justice anyways." I honestly hope that the Republicans have the good sense to be just as underhanded and ruthless the next time the Democrats are in power and are trying to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. Partisan politics makes you stupid and I honestly don't think they'll fully get it until it smacks them in the face just as brutally.

And it's funny how all the hysterical protest just disappeared the instant the man was confirmed. And I wouldn't even say I'm a huge fan of Brett Kavanaugh. I think there were better options. The bigger question in my mind: Are there still Democrats out there who insist that no woman would lie about rape for political reasons?? It's been proven that at least four people did exactly that. They've admitted to it.

This is fake news .............keep trying!

Old 12-08-2018, 06:04 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
How can you recant anything if you don't remember anything?
So you admit this thread is bogus?

Old 12-08-2018, 06:10 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
I honestly hope that the Republicans have the good sense to be just as underhanded and ruthless the next time the Democrats are in power and are trying to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. Partisan politics makes you stupid and I honestly don't think they'll fully get it until it smacks them in the face just as brutally
What those democrats did was absolutely disgusting and evil. I hope Republicans don't reciprocate in kind, but instead shine a light on it.

False accusations can hurt real victims.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:11 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Cept Kavenaughs own social calendar placed him at each location....as he revealed this calendar After these women spoke. What type of continuation of the matter did you expect to see after the alleged serial sexual predator was placed is a seat of untouchable-ness.? Seated in such a desirable position by one who is also ,on personal testimony ,of being a serial sexual predator...
Who does that? The appearance of his alibi is just too convenient. If you believe a 50something year old Circuit Court judge keeps a calendar detailing his activities at Yale 35 years ago, I have a bridge to sell you. And even if the calendar was kosher, I doubt any college student would mention "sexually assaulted fellow student at wild party" on any page of this saved calendar for posterity's sake so it didn't exonerate him anyway.

Old 12-08-2018, 06:23 AM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Can you provide an actual link to a credible news source to support what you're saying?

Is your only source to prove what you're saying is true a Youtube video by some millennial looking conspiracy theorist hipster... sitting in what looks like his mom's basement?

If multiple Kavanaugh accusers lied, wouldn't it be all over Fox News?
Bruh,
You are not being a neutral party. That millennial hipster is clearly reading and even said he was reading a USA Today news article.

Open your eyes and ears before you comment. Maybe USA Today is making a misreport - but that is not your argument.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...on/1863210002/

Not all accusations have been recanted, but there clearly is "some" recanting of accusations going on - so stop sticking your head in the sand and being a biased party that is willfully ignorant to reality.

But but my neutral Rachel Maddow didn't discuss this! And CNN ran stories of one accusation even after the accuser admitted it wasn't true!

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...cuser-recants/

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-kavan...nts-1541371466

https://www.npr.org/2018/09/20/64978...i-have-no-idea

https://sputniknews.com/us/201809281...tory-Recanted/

Old 12-08-2018, 06:32 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Who does that? The appearance of his alibi is just too convenient. If you believe a 50something year old Circuit Court judge keeps a calendar detailing his activities at Yale 35 years ago, I have a bridge to sell you. And even if the calendar was kosher, I doubt any college student would mention "sexually assaulted fellow student at wild party" on any page of this saved calendar for posterity's sake so it didn't exonerate him anyway.
"If you believe a 50something year old Circuit Court judge keeps a calendar detailing his activities at Yale 35 years ago, I have a bridge to sell you."

It is something he has DONE HIS ENTIRE LIFE, NOT just when he was in high school and college and CONTINUES TODAY.

Your liberal bias is showing!

Old 12-08-2018, 06:38 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
I found it very strange watching the chaos that were the Brett Kavanaugh hearings. I kept hearing people say things like "why would she lie?" Well, apparently three of the people who have made accusations have fully admitted that they lied and one has said that her lawyer Michael Avenatti grossly misrepresented her story.

It was obvious to me. This was an 11th hour smear to try and stop a Supreme Court confirmation. No allegations were brought forward that had a snowball's chance in hell of being corroborated. The insane lengths that Democrats were willing to go in order to thwart the Republicans was beyond disgusting. "Forget about discussing his judicial record, let's make up a bunch of crap about him raping and such.." It really did drag the political discourse in this country farther into the toilet. Countless people in the country won't bother following the fallout and follow-up. They will forever remember Kavanaugh as "that guy who drugged and gang raped women all through college, got away with it and somehow got to be a Supreme Court justice anyways." I honestly hope that the Republicans have the good sense to be just as underhanded and ruthless the next time the Democrats are in power and are trying to confirm a Supreme Court nominee. Partisan politics makes you stupid and I honestly don't think they'll fully get it until it smacks them in the face just as brutally.

And it's funny how all the hysterical protest just disappeared the instant the man was confirmed. And I wouldn't even say I'm a huge fan of Brett Kavanaugh. I think there were better options. The bigger question in my mind: Are there still Democrats out there who insist that no woman would lie about rape for political reasons?? It's been proven that at least four people did exactly that. They've admitted to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thD-NxQCKsQ

Please provide proof that Dr. Ford said she lied . You said these 3 women " fully admitted that they lied", and I would love to see documented proof of that, especially Dr. Ford. This slanted video you posted is not "proof", it is done by some idiot in his mom's basement.

I'll be patiently waiting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies