Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2018, 06:55 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,865,359 times

Advertisements

No state in America punishes the middle and working classes more than California which makes Brazil look egalitarian in comparison.

Wow, the radical environmentalists and tax confiscators in California have caused gas prices that are nearly double that are of Texas and Oklahoma.

Nothing more patriotic than American oil, America coal, American ethanol, America natural gas.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/texas

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/oklahoma

Wow, Texas and Oklahoma have $2.09 gasoline at some stations.

Compared to average of $3.81 in LA and $3.98 in San Francisco.

http://www.les.com/_resources/dyn/fi...ate-survey.pdf

According to the LES survey, Tulsa, OK has electric rates of 9.9 cents per KwH based on 1,000 KwH of use as opposed to over 36 cents in San Diego.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 11-03-2018 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 07:17 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
LA has designer gasoline. Costs more to refine. Idiots, power sucking smog pumps and crappy expensive gasoline. They can keep that nonsense there.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:21 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
No state in America punishes the middle and working classes more than California which makes Brazil look egalitarian in comparison.

Wow, the radical environmentalists and tax confiscators in California have caused gas prices that are nearly double that are of Texas and Oklahoma.

Nothing more patriotic than American oil, America coal, American ethanol, America natural gas.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/texas

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/oklahoma

Wow, Texas and Oklahoma have $2.09 gasoline.

LOL, not so in my Oklahoma town. https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPrices/Oklahoma/Stillwater Gas prices would be 3 cents cheaper had not Republicans in Oklahoma raised the tax on gas, and it not even going to fix the roads. So having Republicans in charge may not be as great as you think it is.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:30 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
Then I guess you huff some exhaust, have a plate of coal smothered in motor oil and wash it down with sme good ol’ American ethanol.

Smog, the pride of America. Damn Cali commues trying to clean up the air.. use to be more American when you could not see 10 ft in front of you and your eyes burned. Those tears and tunning noses? Thats just the conmie in you folks draining out!

Old 11-03-2018, 07:32 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Yes, local and state taxes vary and like here in WA they are high in CA. There are other factors, though. Keep in mind that like any business, gas stations have to lease or buy the property. Naturally, in an area with high rent and property prices gas is going to have to cost more. Here in Sammamish, WA for example, we are running at $3.59-$3.67 at our 4 stations. Go 30 miles away to a less expensive area and the same brands are $3.29-$3.37.

Old 11-03-2018, 07:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Central TX. Rural Diesel is less expensive($2.55) than City Diesel.($2.89)
I think I paid $2.35 for unleaded last time I filled up my old hotrod, which was a month ago(I only drive it on the weekends, or a quick trip to the corner store)

Old 11-03-2018, 08:43 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
I have lived in California for the majority of my 80 years, and I use to think the reason things were more expensive here is because it was such a beautiful place to live.
Well that use to be he case, but not now.
In some instances, prices have tripled, and quadrupled in the past four or five years, and the once beautiful state is fast becoming a sh..hole.
Very few have english as their primary language.
Filth is everywhere you look(unless you own a mountain hide-away)
Homeless tents everywhere.
Crazies walking the streets that at one time were confined in mental health facilities.

I could go on and on, but the only reality is, we in California are taking a real hit financially, while the state continues to decline, both environmentally, as well as morally.

One ray of light is perhaps coming up in a few days in the hope that proposition #6 will get a yes vote, and we can get some of our gas tax money back.

Bob.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:49 PM

10,681 posts, read 6,117,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have lived in California for the majority of my 80 years, and I use to think the reason things were more expensive here is because it was such a beautiful place to live.
Well that use to be he case, but not now.
In some instances, prices have tripled, and quadrupled in the past four or five years, and the once beautiful state is fast becoming a sh..hole.
Very few have english as their primary language.
Filth is everywhere you look(unless you own a mountain hide-away)
Homeless tents everywhere.
Crazies walking the streets that at one time were confined in mental health facilities.

I could go on and on, but the only reality is, we in California are taking a real hit financially, while the state continues to decline, both environmentally, as well as morally.

One ray of light is perhaps coming up in a few days in the hope that proposition #6 will get a yes vote, and we can get some of our gas tax money back.

Bob.
The california dream died in it’s own weight. Like the secret beach that everyone found out about. Only way fornit to get better is to evolve its cities and infrastructure and change our attitude towards cars.
Cars are great but when you make it so that its the only form of viable transportation and make it so that you NEED. Care for everything, people become slaves to their cars. Much better to nake cities more walkable and havnijg more option to getting around.

Probably wont happen in my time though.
As for spanish, its california. Duh..

Old 11-03-2018, 08:50 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Great.

Now all I have to do is drive from L.A. to Lubbock to fill up my tank.

Old 11-03-2018, 08:54 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
The california dream died in it’s own weight. Like the secret beach that everyone found out about. Only way fornit to get better is to evolve its cities and infrastructure and change our attitude towards cars.
Cars are great but when you make it so that its the only form of viable transportation and make it so that you NEED. Care for everything, people become slaves to their cars. Much better to nake cities more walkable and havnijg more option to getting around.

Probably wont happen in my time though.
As for spanish, its california. Duh..

Correct, it's California, not Mexico, or central America.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies