Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2018, 07:22 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times

Advertisements

Explain how Equal Outcome benefits you.
Do you agree, with the demographic box, equal outcomes has placed you into?
Just wondering?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2018, 07:25 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
It the promise of a false Utopia, that can not occur. The concept of "fairness" quickly becomes "some are more equal than others". We've seen this before, and all it does is consolidate power, and wealth to the few. Merit becomes less, and less important, and the divide between rich, and poor widens. The middle income earner will be affected the most.

We should strive for Equal Opportunity, not forced government attempts at equal outcome. This is why all Affirmative Action should be abolished, as it is Unconstitutional.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:31 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,727,017 times
Can you explain what you mean by "equal outcome"? I believe in equal opportunity, but I'm wondering what you think falls under equal outcome.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:31 AM

294 posts, read 219,707 times
The US is a nation of EQUAL OPPORTUNITY. If you want equal outcomes move to Cuba, Venezuela or anyplace similar.
Weak, feeble, lazy, losers want equal outcomes. If you want something get off your azz and work for it.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:35 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
I don't believe life is ever going to be a level playing field. I do believe in giving people opportunity they might not otherwise have had to help them achieve. I see no point in keeping anyone down. Fair or unfair, the outcome is on them.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Explain how Equal Outcome benefits you.
Do you agree, with the demographic box, equal outcomes has placed you into?
Just wondering?
Explain why you think anyone is demanding equal outcome. Do you really have anything to support such a claim?

Last edited by Catgirl64; 11-04-2018 at 07:57 AM..

Old 11-04-2018, 07:51 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times
Could the OP please give us a source where lots of people say they want "equal outcome for all"?

Just because people are against the massive corruption going on in both parties does not mean people want "equal outcomes for all".

Old 11-04-2018, 07:56 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
This "equal outcome" dogma pushed by the right is a convenient excuse to ignore inequality of opportunity that still exists.

Hey, there are no Jim Crow laws, you're equal!! Why do you still do poorly in school? Must be because you just aren't smart.

this type of rhetoric is very appealing to racists. Of course there are some instances where I believe equality of outcome IS probably being forced..like the tech industry and the lack of women in it. Feminists can't seem to accept maybe women just aren't naturally interested in that type of work and therefore it skews more towards men. These are 2 very separate parts of a complicated topic.

What I see is so many people who are so bent on believing a dogma on either side that rationale discussion is made almost impossible.

Old 11-04-2018, 07:59 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,630 posts, read 17,968,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Could the OP please give us a source where lots of people say they want "equal outcome for all"?

Just because people are against the massive corruption going on in both parties does not mean people want "equal outcomes for all".
I have no idea what the OP is specifically referring to, but I'm disturbed by the requirement of equal outcomes in schools.

In Texas, schools and districts are rated on a large variety of factors, one factor being equal outcomes for demographic groups within the one school campus. So if you've got a campus where one demographic has a b average, and one has a D average, that's MUCH worse than the whole school having a C average with no notable demographic differences.

And I don't get that, at all. The school is providing equal opportunity to all students - same buildings, same teachers, same course offerings. Equal opportunity by the school. (I do get that kids come from a variety of income levels, parenting abilities, etc., so in fact each kid does NOT have an equal opportunity to succeed, but that's not the district's doing).

Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,325,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Explain why you think anyone is demanding equal outcome. Do you really have anything to support such a claim?
I think he has the feels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies