Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2018, 08:26 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
I implied the majority of Americans who don't care about this stuff and never speak up.

Which is the vast majority of them, I'm in the minority.

Try talking to people about Yemen, you'll get shut down fast.
We don't speak up about our stuff. You want us to speak up about what's going on in a country like Iran??

You're dreaming.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:29 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,431,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
We don't speak up about our stuff. You want us to speak up about what's going on in a country like Iran??

You're dreaming.
No no no no no.

I want Americans to speak up about what THEIR government is doing in the world. As an American it is your responsibility to hold your own government accountable, not other governments.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:32 PM

Quote:
We Americans have all kinds of problems we need to focus on but our government is failing us. They couldn't care less about us whether they're Republican or Democrat. What makes you think they care about Iranians?

But to accuse Americans of this and that because of what our leaders are doing is insanity, at best. You clearly do not understand things or you'd be smart enough not to make such a claim.

You won't get any sympathy here with your attitude. If you posted that you think this is a terribly punitive action and you're hurting for your country and the people in it, you would have gotten a different response. Instead - as usual - you attack America and Americans.

What kind of response did you think you'd get?
But MP, this has been going on for decades.

Americans should care, why is it so hard?

The state will always act in self interest and use violence, it's up to the people to regulate that violence.

You have the power to save lives, you just have to practice that power by being informed about what's going on and what your government is doing.

Old 11-04-2018, 08:43 PM

This is what you are doing to a potential ally:

https://www.reuters.com/article/iran...-idUSL8N1XF06M

Old 11-04-2018, 08:55 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,751,676 times
I still can’t get the sound out of my head of those Iranians cheering after those planes hit the twin towers. I say f’em....

Old 11-04-2018, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
I still can’t get the sound out of my head of those Iranians cheering after those planes hit the twin towers. I say f’em....
A.) this NEVER happened. I mean come on!

B.) After Iran’s terrorist attacks the US government scolded Iran while after 9/11 Iran sender condolences.

THAT is the difference between the two countries.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:14 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,809 times
Quote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjaminN...17819431837702

This is horrible, but Americans don’t care. This is a genocidal policy to punish Iranians for not worshipping the US state.

All Americans should hate themselves for this, but they won’t.

He is trying to compete with Reagan and Clinton and others as the most murderous leaders. Pathetic.
What’s wrong with that? It is a dictatorship overrun with religious Muslim fanatics who mistreat women and gays. Good Riddance!

Old 11-04-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
What’s wrong with that? It is a dictatorship overrun with religious Muslim fanatics who mistreat women and gays. Good Riddance!
Delusional. You know nothing about Iranians yet you have the gall to allow your terrorist government to condemn them to death.

Iran is not the criminal, you are.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:23 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
But MP, this has been going on for decades.

Americans should care, why is it so hard?

The state will always act in self interest and use violence, it's up to the people to regulate that violence.

You have the power to save lives, you just have to practice that power by being informed about what's going on and what your government is doing.
Yes, decades. Didn't the sanctions start when our U.S. embassy was overtaken in Iran with Americans held hostage?

We have zero power. None. The only power we have is with our vote - but that doesn't even give us any power because our system is set up so that if you want to run even at the Congressional level, you need to have millions of dollars and connections. That means you're already out of touch with most people you're supposedly representing and the minute you win - you owe a lot of people who will want to be paid back for their donations, etc. Pols are beholden to them - not to us.

Our government, no matter which party we're talking about, is interested in oil, drugs, and war because that's what makes the elite in our country rich. Because of the Jewish population here, our pols will be Israel-friendly and not Iran-friendly.

We're not the American's of the '60s. We're apathetic, blind to whats going on in our country, stupidly party-loyal, and tired trying to make ends meet, watching banks get bailed out while we're being pinched more and more and more.

Yeah, we should care. We should care even more about what's going on here in our country - but we don't.

And given the things you've posted - even if people did care - they probably care less than they did. You're not helping your cause - you're actually hurting it.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Yes, decades. Didn't the sanctions start when our U.S. embassy was overtaken in Iran with Americans held hostage?

We have zero power. None. The only power we have is with our vote - but that doesn't even give us any power because our system is set up so that if you want to run even at the Congressional level, you need to have millions of dollars and connections. That means you're already out of touch with most people you're supposedly representing and the minute you win - you owe a lot of people who will want to be paid back for their donations, etc. Pols are beholden to them - not to us.

Our government, no matter which party we're talking about, is interested in oil, drugs, and war because that's what makes the elite in our country rich. Because of the Jewish population here, our pols will be Israel-friendly and not Iran-friendly.

We're not the American's of the '60s. We're apathetic, blind to whats going on in our country, stupidly party-loyal, and tired trying to make ends meet, watching banks get bailed out while we're being pinched more and more and more.

Yeah, we should care. We should care even more about what's going on here in our country - but we don't.

And given the things you've posted - even if people did care - they probably care less than they did. You're not helping your cause - you're actually hurting it.
1. I was speaking in general of US aggression against others

2. This is not true. In the political sense you’re correct, but not in the structural sense. The government derived its power from the people. The people, organized, have the power to control their own fates. The government uses hopelessness among people to create an atmosphere of establishment control, but all power is based on consent. Indians thought they were hopeless to oppose the powerful British empire, but when they decided not to consent to their rule, the British couldn’t do anything. Blacks thought oppression was a way of life until they realized they could support and organize liberation (civil rights movement).

You have power, and you are lucky to live in a country with freedom, and as such it is your responsibility to oppose the state when they attempt to harm others.

3. I am just a small humble person communicating my frustration, I am having no affect on others positive or negative.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUCYoJ8KSF8&t=183s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies