Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 12:07 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times

Advertisements

Are any of these pics from outside of a polling place? There's one person in front of a campaign office, not a polling place, there's 2 people in the middle of nowhere in the snow, and the others look to be at some kind of rally showing that they support the 2nd Amendment.

So, again, are any of these pics outside of a polling place?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Are any of these pics from outside of a polling place? There's one person in front of a campaign office, not a polling place, there's 2 people in the middle of nowhere in the snow, and the others look to be at some kind of rally showing that they support the 2nd Amendment.

Is the OP's pic outside of a polling place? The article does not say so. it looks like they're just standing on a sidewalk in a commercial/retail area.

Standing in front of your opponent's campaign HQ with a gun sure seems to be pretty intimidating if you ask me.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:13 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

don't forget the last one of the scary t-shirt all by it's lonesome.

truly chilling

Old 11-05-2018, 12:18 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
If it ain't at a polling place, it ain't illegal.

However, it would be really fun to see Abrams try to confiscate those weapons!!!

Old 11-05-2018, 12:21 PM

30,251 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Is the OP's pic outside of a polling place? The article does not say so. it looks like they're just standing on a sidewalk in a commercial/retail area.
The first image where they are standing on the sidewalk in front of a Dollar Store, no, it doesn't look like a polling place, and in that instance, I don't see any problem with what they are doing.

The second and third image which appear to be from the same location (meaning the 2 photos are in the same location, not that they are the same as the first photo), can't tell. So we'll say it's not.

The fourth image states that they are at an Atlanta poll - if that is true, then it's not okay.

So, you have one image of a Trump supporter at a campaign office, not at a poll, and one image of the Black Panthers reported to be at a polling place.

I agree with you on the first 3 images - if those aren't at a polling place, who cares. But the 4th one? Nope. I wouldn't accept it if it were Trump supporters doing the same. Do not intimidate voters at polling places no matter what candidate you support.

You edited your post while I was replying to you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post

Standing in front of your opponent's campaign HQ with a gun sure seems to be pretty intimidating if you ask me.
In answer to your last statement, I don't see that as threatening because it's holstered, not out and in his hands. However, I agree that some people do, and I would have to know the story on why he was there in the first place. If he was protesting against someone who is against the 2nd Amendment, then his gun makes sense, as an example.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hmmmmmmmm WHAT?

Shocked that 2nd Amendment rights are enjoyed by people other than Caucasian males?

This is a facile piece of crap statement, even for you.

Who's the racist here? Who is the person that interjected race into this topic? It certainly wasn't me.

Old 11-05-2018, 12:41 PM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
B-b-b-b-but guns are bad.
Guns are fine if they're in the hands of DIM thugs or those protecting leftist celebrities.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:39 PM

16,548 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
In 2008, the newly-elected Obama administration chose not to pursue the case of the Black Panthers intimidating voters in Philadelphia.

The result was predictable: Now they are doing it more and more, with heavier weapons.

Also as expected, the media complained only that their actions "riled the right". Apparently the liberals were fine with it.

I suspect Sessions will treat them differently than did Holder. After all they were "his people".

`

Old 11-06-2018, 10:35 PM

25,557 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Same kind of thing happened in 2008. Racist "New Black Panther" thugs dressed up in uniforms and stood in front of polling places with clubs, knives etc.

Now apparently they have decided the clubs and knives aren't threatening enough.

They certainly have the right to keep and bear arms.

Do they have the right to try to threaten and intimidate people?

PHOTOS: Armed Black Panthers rally vote for Stacey Abrams - The American MirrorThe American Mirror

'
Doesn't matter.
Their side lost.

Old 11-06-2018, 10:44 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
If I saw a bunch of guys holding guns no matter what color, I'd be walking the other way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies