Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2018, 10:26 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
As previously noted (and dodged), these guys killed as many as 73 people, their defense was paid for by the Nation of Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_murders

Just because Farrakhan isn't pulling the trigger doesn't make him innocent as to the actions of his foot soldiers.

Even more so, his anti-gay views most certainly contribute to the fact that hate crimes against gay men are about equal between white and black male attackers despite a 6-1 population differential.
wow. i never knew that juicy factoid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 04:42 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,821,115 times
He's referred to Jews as termites, too. He's despicable.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:30 PM

78,366 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Post #75 brought them up. Thrifty must have just missed that one, surely he will respond now explaining what good works NOI does and how Chairman Mao or whomever killed more people so they're ok.

Old 11-08-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
They also assassinated Malcomn X.

Their followers have killed tons of gays, whites etc. it just doesn't get laid at the feet of NOI as clearly as it does other groups.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:30 PM

31,026 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
They also assassinated Malcomn X.

Their followers have killed tons of gays, whites etc. it just doesn't get laid at the feet of NOI as clearly as it does other groups.
Along with other groups such as Muslims of America (Al Fuqra) who put out hits on Hindus, Jews, and other Muslims, culminating in Daniel Pearl's Murder in Pakistan. These groups have been running around unabated since Elijah Mohammad. The group that killed the little boy in New Mexico is just one of many that are running around under the radar these days.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:36 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
He’s a racist and an antisemite that the democrats seem to love. Why WOULDN’T they focus on him?

Democrats focus on David Duke, even though Trump denounced him, all while they refuse to denounce someone who is equally as evil. Hell, they are happy to take pictures with someone who is equally as evil.

On the above - the only Democrats that associate with Farrakhan are black Democrats that I'm aware of and primarily because of the focus of NOI in regards to black self help/actualization.

I know many of you like to ignore the facts that I state all the time here in that black Democrats do not have the same "agenda" per se of white liberal Democrats.

All the ones you all mentioned were black and within black America, people hold their noses about the negatives of Farrakhan because of the positives of him in various other ways.

I don't believe he is "evil" and I don't believe Trump or any other white racist person is "evil" either. People are people.

I agree he is a racist and anti-semite as well. But you all like to make him a more political figure when he is not a political figure, he is a racial figure and a black nationalists as are the NOI as an organization. You all associating them with "Democrats" is pretty disingenuous. And taking a picture with someone IMO doesn't mean that you support them in any valid way. Trump has never taken a picture with David Duke to my knowledge yet people still associate Duke to him. I personally could care less about Duke and Trump associating; one can make a valid conclusion that both of them are racist, as is Farrakhan and the NOI tenets in regards to white people in general.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:46 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,818,108 times
Quote:
As previously noted (and dodged), these guys killed as many as 73 people, their defense was paid for by the Nation of Islam.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zebra_murders

Just because Farrakhan isn't pulling the trigger doesn't make him innocent as to the actions of his foot soldiers.

Even more so, his anti-gay views most certainly contribute to the fact that hate crimes against gay men are about equal between white and black male attackers despite a 6-1 population differential.
Quote:

On ths - the NOI pays legal fees/bail, etc., for all of their members. Them doing so in this case doesn't mean that Farrakhan actually paid them to kill people or they are his "foot soldiers" lol. All defendants should have reputable defense at trial. If they don't then the perps have cause to appeal and get out of prison on a technicality so in many aspects the NOI did a good thing by providing them legal assistance. I'll note that in the past as well and even today, many black people often believe that blacks in this country are made victims of crimes that they did not commit. This was very common especially prior to 1980 with black people who were associated with specific "black" organizations whereas many people today are in prison who either didn't commit crimes or there is little evidence that they committed the crimes they are in prison for. They are seen as "political prisoners" especially those associated with black Muslim organizations (there are others that are not affiliated with NOI) or the original Black Panther Party. FWIW the NAACP in the past and today still offers funds for black people accused of crimes or who are in prison to assist them with appeals for perceived injustice. Providing legal aid is not the same thing as ordering people to be murdered....

Homophobia within black American unfortunately has always been higher IMO than outside of our community. That is getting better but one of the main reasons why NOI is attractive to some black Americans is because of its condemnation of homosexuality, which is a typical conservative POV. The NOI are the black version of white alt-right nationalists - they dont' like anyone really but black straight men, same as the white nationalists only like white straight men.

But IMO you are placing too much power into NOI. They are a very small minority within black America, just like skinheads are within white America. They do not wield power to place "hits" on random white people nor do they encourage black people to go attack gays and especially not gay black people.

I don't like them from a philosophical perspective (I personally don't believe they are "for" all of black America and I especially do feel that they are a very racist organization), but IMO many white Americans like to make them a boogeyman when they aren't really all the relevant. Farrakhan likes to get up in people's faces and especially did in the past. There have not been any recent associations that I know between him and any black political figures either so many of you are making a big deal of nothing, similar to how the left does to the right side of the aisle in regards to having a competition on racism. If all you have on the left to "prove" racism is Farrakhan, you really aren't looking very hard and you haven't really shown much of any racism from Democrats based on Farrakhan taking pictures with people IMO.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:42 AM

12,957 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Post #75 brought them up. Thrifty must have just missed that one, surely he will respond now explaining what good works NOI does and how Chairman Mao or whomever killed more people so they're ok.

You’re making this too easy for me when you bring up a 43 year old case and leave out important details.

Why didn’t share the part about how an African American risked his own life to give the police enough of the details to solve the case and arrest the killers? Try to find that kind of citizenship among people that knew who KKK murders are and to this day are silent.
Why didn’t you tell that the Nation of Islam only paid for the defense of the men who claimed innocent?

Why didn’t share that it was 13 confirm murders and the 73 were always speculative?

Not to mention that 40 years ago it was open season on “The Man.” White left Wing groups like Manson, the Weathermen and SLA were also active.

It’s pathetic that you have to find something from 43 years ago to deflect from what Neo-Nazi’s a have done in the last 30 days. My position is: however dangerous Louis Farrakhan is, Neo-Nazi’s are many times more dangerous to Jewish Americans.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On ths - the NOI pays legal fees/bail, etc., for all of their members. Them doing so in this case doesn't mean that Farrakhan actually paid them to kill people or they are his "foot soldiers" lol.
So if a KKK member kills blacks in a string of church attacks the KKK isn't somehow linked to it? We give a pass to the head of the KKK? Like heck we would. That'd be insane.

NOI members killed a crap load of people in racially targeted murders amongst hate rhetoric.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
You’re making this too easy for me when you bring up a 43 year old case and leave out important details.

Why didn’t share the part about how an African American risked his own life to give the police enough of the details to solve the case and arrest the killers? Try to find that kind of citizenship among people that knew who KKK murders are and to this day are silent.
Why didn’t you tell that the Nation of Islam only paid for the defense of the men who claimed innocent?

Why didn’t share that it was 13 confirm murders and the 73 were always speculative?

Not to mention that 40 years ago it was open season on “The Man.” White left Wing groups like Manson, the Weathermen and SLA were also active.

It’s pathetic that you have to find something from 43 years ago to deflect from what Neo-Nazi’s a have done in the last 30 days. My position is: however dangerous Louis Farrakhan is, Neo-Nazi’s are many times more dangerous to Jewish Americans.
Your attempt to deflect from the NOI has been previously noted and yet again you're making excuses for them.

Let's see...well this was a long time ago and they may have ONLY killed a dozen or so....
Followed by the classic junior high excuse of "everyone was doing it"

The thread is about Farrakhan and NOI. It takes a real piece of work to try to downplay that they're a hate group and then accuse everyone else of deflection.

Lastly, unlike you, I provide links. All of the background was thus noted. Furthermore, I cannot copy the entire content of the article into the post or get it deleted as a TOS violation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies