Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 02:37 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,350,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
How do they get a search history?
Uh, it's the government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
So someone posting "I want to kill all INSERT ANY GROUP HERE" on social media should be allowed to buy a gun?
Yes.

Property Rights are absolute.

You should have the right to refuse to sell that man a gun, bake a cake for him, or cut his hair...but the State says otherwise.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:38 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'd probably be denied for not having social media, they would find it suspicious.
Me too... they'd have to rely on what I post here, which probably disqualifies me.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:39 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Usually people who are criminals wanna staying out of jail and can easily be caught. Their motive is just survive and make money in illegal ways.

Someone who would be a mass shooter would probably legally own one or live with someone that does. Two things are revealed after they did their dirty work.

Can't stop crime 100%, hell can't stop all mass shooting but the point is spotting the signs that someone is not to be trusted with firearms.

Note, not taking sides as I know it's complex. Just giving my understanding as to why.

Looking into people social media feels sketchy. I feel you on that.
Revoke their incentive
The moment armed people start putting them down like rabid animals I promise they'll stop seeking to shoot a place up.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:40 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,028,088 times
I don't think it's a good idea, but I also don't think it's a good idea for half the wack jobs on this forum to be able to own a gun. They express the desire to use them on a regular basis here, clearly indicative of unhinged angry people.

Clearly we are a few hundred more mass shootings of children away from letting the grown ups make some kind of rationale change to this system. Until then, the angry lonely internet troll with his arsenal has the floor.

Old 11-05-2018, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72;53560561[B
]I don't think it's a good idea, but I also don't think it's a good idea for half the wack jobs on this forum to be able to own a gun. They express the desire to use them on a regular basis here, clearly indicative of unhinged angry people. [/b]

Clearly we are a few hundred more mass shootings of children away from letting the grown ups make some kind of rationale change to this system. Until then, the angry lonely internet troll with his arsenal has the floor.
The U.S. government doesn't ask anyone's permission to use guns.

Have you seen its death count in the last 30 years for starters?

Old 11-05-2018, 02:42 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
I don't think it's a good idea, but I also don't think it's a good idea for half the wack jobs on this forum to be able to own a gun. They express the desire to use them on a regular basis here, clearly indicative of unhinged angry people.

I've offered solutions that will work. What have you offered?

Old 11-05-2018, 02:52 PM

2,063 posts, read 1,067,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Don't complain.

Tomorrow you'll go to the polls and vote which supports the State.

You wanted a State. You got a State. Now take it up the ....
Damn. Dont I get dinner first?

Old 11-05-2018, 03:03 PM

19,603 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Uh, it's the government.
I thought they were incompetent.

Where are they storing everyone's search history and how far back? It could be someone else at the IP address doing the searches or a combination of people.

Old 11-05-2018, 03:06 PM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I thought they were incompetent.

Where are they storing everyone's search history and how far back? It could be someone else at the IP address doing the searches or a combination of people.
Then they would just put it on everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies