Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2018, 02:24 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

https://www.sacbee.com/news/local/tr...221030520.html

Quote:
California’s Department of Motor Vehicles has become infamous in recent months for long lines, ancient computing technology and mismanagement of its Motor Voter registration program.
I can vouch for this. I'm not in Sacramento, but it's a statewide problem. DMV lines are known to be long and boring, but I've never spent so many hours inside a DMV trying to do something simple like I have in CA.

Quote:
The department also has become the epicenter of federal probes into DMV workers using computers to crack into citizen’s confidential information to steal their identities, and clerks taking bribes to alter driver’s license test results.

In the past seven years, at least 40 such prosecutions have been filed by federal prosecutors in Sacramento and Fresno, and similar cases have been filed throughout the state.
And that pi$$es me off. I do what I can to prevent identity theft - I don't keep my card information on any store website, I don't use a credit card when making purchases in stores, I don't give out my social security number to anyone and everyone who asks for it over the phone. If someone like the electric comany wants that number, I will physically go down there and write it out on the form, so I know for a fact it is going to them and no one else.

So to have the CA DMV hack into records and steal identity - a government institution where our information should be safer than other places...that workers are the ones who did it...really, really pi$$es me off.

Quote:
“It seems like a never-ending event,” said McGregor Scott, the U.S. attorney in Sacramento whose office is prosecuting the cases. “This is happening over and over and over again.”
Just in case someone wants to call it a one off, no, it's not.

Quote:
The cases run the gamut: truck driving school owners accused of bribing DMV clerks to alter driver’s license test results; clerks accused of using their computer access to steal driver’s identities and open credit card accounts in their names; and “brokers” acting as middlemen who pay off clerks in DMV parking lots.
Truck drivers out there on the road who should not be out there on the road, hauling around product or equipment that, if involved in an accident, can easily kill someone in a 4 wheel. DMV workers opening credit cards in your name...unfrickenbelievable! And who are these "brokers"? What are they paying for? Fake IDs?

Think of what can be done with fake IDs. Think of the havoc that these people can cause. You can register to vote when you get your license. How many illegals did the DMV register? How many of them got a registration later? A voter ID law is not going to help if the state's very own DMV hands out licenses to people who shouldn't have them.

https://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/f...01520160AB1461

Quote:
Assembly Bill No. 1461
CHAPTER 729

An act to amend Sections 2100 and 2102 of, and to add Chapter 4.5 (commencing with Section 2260) to Division 2 of the Elections Code, relating to elections.

[ Approved by Governor October 10, 2015. Filed with Secretary of State October 10, 2015. ]

This bill would require the Secretary of State and the Department of Motor Vehicles to establish the California New Motor Voter Program for the purpose of increasing opportunities for voter registration by any person who is qualified to be a voter...

...This bill would provide that if a person who is ineligible to vote becomes registered to vote by operation of the California New Motor Voter Program in the absence of a violation by that person of the crime described above, that person’s registration shall be presumed to have been effected with official authorization and not the fault of that person. The bill would also provide that if a person who is ineligible to vote becomes registered to vote by operation of this program, and that person votes or attempts to vote in an election held after the effective date of the person’s registration, that person shall be presumed to have acted with official authorization and is not guilty of fraudulently voting or attempting to vote, unless that person willfully votes or attempts to vote knowing that he or she is not entitled to vote...
That's easily done. Just claim you didn't know. "But the DMV said I was registered and could vote! I didn't know."

And the DMV didn't think they would get caught because CA refuses to audit the DMV:

https://www.sacbee.com/latest-news/a...216322640.html

Quote:
Despite complaints about escalating wait times for thousands of customers at California’s Department of Motor Vehicles, state lawmakers sided with the Brown administration Wednesday and refused to order an official audit into its management...

...Assemblyman Jim Patterson, R-Fresno, has been a vocal critic of the DMV and led the charge supporting the audit. He said Gov. Jerry Brown was to blame for his refusal to chime in on the issue.
Again, the investigation by the Feds has been going on for 7 years. CA voted 'no' to auditing the DMV in August of this year.

CA has become a lawless, parasitic, feces infested waste land. The state is disgusting.

If Jerry useless Brown won't audit the DMV, it's time for a new governor. If you're in CA, you should be voting for John Cox. Your very identity is at risk - and it's not a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies