Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:03 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,900,569 times

Advertisements

I see stories like this, and I am just so embarrassed that I was ever a leftist Dem.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
I think its funny how bent out of shape you are about melanin levels.
Jesus, did you even read the article???

Old 11-05-2018, 08:10 PM

6,294 posts, read 4,191,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
City councilmen moon- “call the police”
Theres some hysteria for you
And he’s republican
https://ballotpedia.org/Cary_Moon_(Texas)

Old 11-05-2018, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuggy View Post
Oh, there are plenty of clown RINOs around. I don't care WHAT party they are from: I want every member of the Thought Police to see their own lives destroyed. Crushed!

Old 11-05-2018, 09:28 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I think that, if this is true, whoever made the signs were wrong to do so, as I think it was meant to provoke some kind of backlash/confrontation.

However, if so many people today would not now be saying (or seem to be saying) that it is NOT okay to be white, I doubt if anyone would even think of saying or writing that it IS okay to be white.

I think that we are possibly now seeing some kind of a "White Pride" movement akin to the Black Pride and Gay Pride movements of about 50 years ago. I think that many white people are feeling under siege today in the U.S., and that is a big reason why Trump was elected (unfortunately, in my opinion).
You, like so many others, fell for it, at least a little bit.

Just by saying "these people were wrong to make these signs" you've partially fallen for the trap. If you or anyone else thinks that, "It's Okay to Be White" is an untrue or bad statement, then it reveals you to be bigoted against white people, at least to a degree. It can never be wrong to point out that it's okay to be white or black or Hispanic or Asian or anything else. It's always okay to be exactly who and what you are. Very clever, don't you think?

The trap and the troll is built into modern society. For some reason, the one group everyone is fully allowed to hate at this point is white people. White people are taught to feel guilty for the sins of their ancestors or their race, etc. So the words, "It's Okay to Be White" aren't going to sit right with some people -- because they're racists and don't even realize it. It's more clever than I think it was ever intended to be. And the whole "movement" was a bunch of 4chan /pol/ people sticking up the signs and them filming anti-white racists losing their damn minds freaking out about it.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:21 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
LOL! Like I have a choice! What am I gonna say - "It is my parent's fault?"

Course there was that one lady who thought she had a choice. Called herself Black but the real Black folks would have none of that, either. And then there was E Warren, who called herself an Indian, but the Choctaws called her out on that too.

Dang! Screwed again!
Guess I'll just go and count all my money.
Not only is it OK, it's GREAT to be white!

Now, I'm off to to do my 9-5 soul sucking grind in order to collect my pitiful little amount of that good ol' White Privilege.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:44 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,449 times
I am white and I dont find my mere race anything to be proud of. Thats stupid, my racial identity took no effort on my part.
I am however proud to not be so wrapped up in racial matters that most days pass wity nary a moments thought on what my skin color is. I dont feel a need to name my kids LaQueefer LaTwanda or anything like that to remind them daily of their cultural history then expect them to succeed in life without the burden of being told they can never succeed in life because they will be oppressed in life by white devils.
Who actually dont spend much time at all thinking about the skin color of other americans or what people 8 to 14 generations ago did to each other.
People had slaves. Does anyone know someone who was a slave? Well produce him and he can identify his owner and we can put him in jail.
Otherwise just forget about the whole thing. We dont even hold children accountable for the crimes of their parents right?
Now cmon. 8 generations or more ago? What exactly do people want?
Not proud to be white but if anyone tells me I cant be they are the problem, its self created.

Old 11-06-2018, 05:54 AM

8,036 posts, read 10,626,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I see stories like this, and I am just so embarrassed that I was ever a leftist Dem.......
Me too. It wasn't always this way.

I didn't leave the Democratic party. The party left me and pushed me to the right. I am not alone.

And that liberal media crap about college-educated white women primarily voting Democratic today? Hogwash.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:21 AM

19,798 posts, read 9,336,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You, like so many others, fell for it, at least a little bit.

Just by saying "these people were wrong to make these signs" you've partially fallen for the trap. If you or anyone else thinks that, "It's Okay to Be White" is an untrue or bad statement, then it reveals you to be bigoted against white people, at least to a degree. It can never be wrong to point out that it's okay to be white or black or Hispanic or Asian or anything else. It's always okay to be exactly who and what you are. Very clever, don't you think?

The trap and the troll is built into modern society. For some reason, the one group everyone is fully allowed to hate at this point is white people. White people are taught to feel guilty for the sins of their ancestors or their race, etc. So the words, "It's Okay to Be White" aren't going to sit right with some people -- because they're racists and don't even realize it. It's more clever than I think it was ever intended to be. And the whole "movement" was a bunch of 4chan /pol/ people sticking up the signs and them filming anti-white racists losing their damn minds freaking out about it.
Sorry that I was unclear and/or that you misunderstood. I do think it is okay to be white -- and I am white, btw -- but as I said or meant to say, I think it was just wrong to display the sign that said so.

I just wish that skin color would be a complete non-issue, as I think it deserves to be.

Old 11-06-2018, 06:42 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
The 4chan troll that just keeps working.
Exactly. I got a good chuckle out of it. WHAT are they going to counter with? It's not OK to be White?

Quote:
Kinda surprising.
Is it really, though? Look at the rampant stupidity infecting our society. /SMH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies