Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 06:58 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
True! Fear works on the uneducated, that's why: Global warming, Racists, sexists, peak oil, destroying SS, starting nuclear war, Hitler...etc..

Sexist?

So why do you support Sharia Law? You never questioned why Linda Sarsour supports Democrats.

Dems forgoing common sense and the use of fear mongering to manipulate you for your vote.

Last edited by petch751; 11-06-2018 at 07:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 07:03 AM

Quote:
True! Fear works on the uneducated, that's why: Global warming, Racists, sexists, peak oil, destroying SS, starting nuclear war, Hitler...etc..
Destroying SS?

You want bigger government? You are so naive to believe that gov't of either party can handle more of our money? Side note.. The Obama admin spent more than all the presidents before him combined.

Dems forgoing common sense and the use of fear mongering to manipulate you for your vote.

Last edited by petch751; 11-06-2018 at 07:19 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 07:05 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Everyone is always being manipulated by someone. That's why I find it amusing when couples say, "I refuse to be in a relationship where my significant other is controlling." Uh-huh. But every relationship is like that. They tell the lover they prefer their hair/clothing this way rather than that, they like this dish or that, they want the other party to buy this new car or buy used, they should take this job. It is the rare partner indeed who is completely passive and never offers their opinion on anything. And whether the partner rejects the other's advice, they are affected (manipulated) by what their lover says.

As for government, we are clearly being manipulated. It's called the legal system and law. We CANNOT assault other people. We cannot commit acts of road rage. These are purposeful acts of manipulation. If we do, we can be punished for these acts. Advertising is another example. Companies attempt to manipulate us into spending our money at their business rather than somewhere else, or, less often, they try to convince us not to buy at their competitor. When voting, it's the same way. Political advertising attempts to buy our vote either by telling us one candidate is better than the other or that the opposing candidate is worse than they are. Even our boss manipulates us into performing our jobs according to his/her methods with the unspoken or sometimes spoken threat of being fired if we don't.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Hitler?

You obviously don't know much about Hitler and the Nazi party?

Dems using your ignorance of history against you and the use of fear mongering to manipulate you for your vote.

By the way, Since both uncles served and saw battle in WWII I've studied the Nazi era since I was very young. I wanted to understand how one man can manipulate a highly educated and intelligent people to support such evilness. If I thought for a second that Trump was anything like Hitler I certainly wouldn't support him. Believe me, Dems are lying and playing on your ignorance of Hitler and the Nazi era. Try educating yourself by reading history books on how Hitler came into power and how he controlled the people. Never let the media educate you.

Last edited by petch751; 11-06-2018 at 07:25 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Nuclear War?

You come to this conclusion based on what? Because a liberal pundit who is trying to scare you said so?

Again, Dems use of fear mongering to manipulate you for your vote.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:08 AM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
At least it's global warming this time. They already did the global cooling. We were going have another ice age.

harpers/archive/the-coming-ice-age
The left is all about fear mongering!

Old 11-06-2018, 07:08 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,417,724 times
They went for it last time. It's called fear, fake and manipulation. Why would you expect Trump to change now?

Old 11-06-2018, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Peak oil?

This could be true but in the mean time they are working on electric cars. You can't just cut one without having the other in place. You phase one out while phasing the other in.

Again, Dems forgoing common sense and the use of fear mongering to manipulate you for your vote.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:12 AM

Quote:
My previous post discussing each of your accusations proves Democrats are using fear and it is obvious you have been manipulated into believing every word of it.

Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 AM

11,221 posts, read 8,292,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The bold is right and both parties do it. Was just in a thread where the Disney heiress is using the scare tactic the {R}s are going to make drastic cuts to social security and Medicare. Hmmm, let me see, how many years have the {D}s used this scare tactic? I think even before the Reagan administration, right?

This is a old and tired scare tactic and both parties need new material. I was thinking one of the parties can say if you elect the other party they will implement that all polling stations be manned by flesh eating zombies and it will be a threat to our democracy. Now that is a real scare tactic
Both parties do it, but not to the same level.

In your example, we have one side, where the POTUS is telling people to be afraid of people that don't look like you. Read the article in OP, you'll see that much of the scare tactics are just false.

On the other hand, you have people saying "be afraid of this POLICY", as it may erode your healthcare.

1-side: Create fear of your neighbors
other side: Create fear of the party that is trying to take your healthcare

Both sides do it, and to an extent, both sides are over-the-top. But they are not apples and oranges. I have no problem when R's tell me that "too much regulation will stifle the economy". That's fear, but it's rational, even if I don't fully agree or disagree. I have a big problem when a side is telling me that Jews are taking over, Mexicans are on the way to sell drugs and rape my daughter, and Muslims just want to blow me up.

See the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies