Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 03:09 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I'm not sure the families who lost loved ones in the Pittsburgh shooting would agree with you.
Whether they do or not, it doesn't change the facts. Everyone (black, white, hispanic, asian, jew) murdered and their families deserve sympathy and prosecution and punishment for the persons responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 03:14 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Whether they do or not, it doesn't change the facts. Everyone (black, white, hispanic, asian, jew) murdered and their families deserve sympathy and prosecution and punishment for the persons responsible.
You won't find me disputing this here or anywhere else. It's not an "either/or" thing. Is it?

Old 11-06-2018, 03:19 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
The only people who believe whites are persecuted in this country are the same ones who blame everyone else for their problems.

IE: cowards.

"Persecuted" ........?

Not yet, at least not on a wide scale.

"Demonized".......?

Absolutely, the Left has been blaming whites and white men in particular for all the evil in the world for quite a while now.

It's not a huge stretch of the imagination to deduct that actual persecution isn't far behind.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:28 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,275,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
"Persecuted" ........?

Not yet, at least not on a wide scale.

"Demonized".......?

Absolutely, the Left has been blaming whites and white men in particular for all the evil in the world for quite a while now.

It's not a huge stretch of the imagination to deduct that actual persecution isn't far behind.
The OP isn't following along with the 4 step plan.

Dehumanize first (which would be demonize). Through prejudice (white privilege), Scapegoat (It's all the fault of white business owners), discriminate (denial of jobs simply because a person is not a minority).

Persecute next.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:33 AM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Seems much more like what today's left wing is doing. Watch the statements about white people, men in particular, from CNN, MSNBC, etc. Add the actions of Antifafa that emulate the Sturmabteilung (Brown Shirts) of the Nazi party, and the calls to violence from Democratic leaders.
^This. Hitler would also entice people to support him by offering free stuff and jobs, then later on when he was in full power, he began working on disarming the public. It's amazing, but the democrats today, attack the police with one hand, but then also want them to be the only ones with guns on the other.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
hitler was a leftist progressive....

and the American liberals are following his steps to the tee
I was a democrat, but when I seen Obama go on national television and keep screaming about gun control, it sent radars off for me. My grandfather was from Germany, and he always warned me that the second a leader wants to try and get the public to turn in their guns for safety reasons, then be wary because that leader is after complete power, not for the people.

Old 11-06-2018, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly. Anyone who can't see that is being deliberately obtuse.

Both Hitler and Margaret Sanger (founder of Planned Parenthood) were racist eugenicists and believed in eugenics, i.e. culling what they believed to be the subpar. And given the fact that Blacks and Hispanics have higher abortion rates than Whites, that still holds true to this day.
Do you have any proof about your statement concerning Hispanics and abortion rates? I only ask because in my neck of the woods, Hispanics tend to be very religious, especially to the Catholic and Christian religions and are against abortion. It's why we still see the Hispanic community, for the most part, have large families and tend to have homes with both parents still together and raising the children.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:38 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There were four very specific steps utilized by Hitler and the Nazi government to dehumanize the Jewish population of Europe...

The Holocaust didn’t occur suddenly or spontaneously—it required a conscious process. If we study the process, we might prevent future genocides.

1. Prejudice

2. Scapegoating

3. Discrimination

4. Persecution

Hitler

How easy it is the slide into Fascism when a party comes into power that has such disdain for democracy and human rights. People died on foreign shores to prevent the USA from becoming what and who the right wing is supporting nowadays. The American flag stands for nothing and is just a red white and blue rag once democracy is gone.
It's strange. You can see these behaviors in your "enemies, but you're can't see it on your own side. Moderate conservative voices are being silenced. If you walk around with a MAGA hat on, there's a good chance you'll be physically assaulted. Sure you've got great points there, but you're completely blind to the sins of the Far Left apparently.

All four items are being actively and passionately embraced by the likes of Antifa and even Maxine Waters calling for mobs to harass the "evil Republicans". The Left is officially sanctioning hatred and violence coming straight from it's political elites on down. The Left is actively suppressing the free speech of those on the Right on college campuses, on the streets and everywhere else they can manage it. The Right isn't quite there yet. I haven't seen MAGA hat wearing mobs smashing and lighting a college campus on fire because a Progressive was being allowed to speak there.

Old 11-06-2018, 04:48 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
There were four very specific steps utilized by Hitler and the Nazi government to dehumanize the Jewish population of Europe...

How easy it is the slide into Fascism when a party comes into power that has such disdain for democracy and human rights. People died on foreign shores to prevent the USA from becoming what and who the right wing is supporting nowadays. The American flag stands for nothing and is just a red white and blue rag once democracy is gone.
Thanks for the reminder, but you are dreaming if you think that the denizens of this forum give a hoot.

With the passing of the Greatest Generation, the memories of the horror of WWII will fade into the past, just a dusty footnote in some boring history book.

Those that lived through that war understood at a very deep level the risk of creeping fascism, because it very nearly destroyed the free world. This is why in the decades after WWII, for the most part our political discourse was centered and tolerant. There was a general understanding about the risks of going down that path.

Today they are mostly dead and gone. In order to achieve their dream of one-party rule, this latest crop of neo-fascists will happily spit on the graves of the men and women that died in WWII. From what I can see we are too stupid, deluded and distracted to avoid repeating history. The election of Trump made that crystal clear.

Last edited by GearHeadDave; 11-06-2018 at 05:11 AM..

Old 11-06-2018, 04:56 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Do you have any proof about your statement concerning Hispanics and abortion rates? I only ask because in my neck of the woods, Hispanics tend to be very religious, especially to the Catholic and Christian religions and are against abortion. It's why we still see the Hispanic community, for the most part, have large families and tend to have homes with both parents still together and raising the children.
Quote:
"An African-American woman is almost five times likelier to have an abortion than a white woman, and a Latina more than twice as likely, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...al-gap/380251/

More recent info indicates Blacks and Hispanics have about a 3 times and 2 times higher abortion rate than Whites, respectively:

https://www.guttmacher.org/infograph...-and-ethnicity

I'm not buying the "lack of access to birth control" excuse. If you have access to an abortion clinic, you have access to public health department family planning clinics, which are FAR more numerous than abortion clinics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies