Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 07:14 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,086,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
- .... .. ... .. ... .-- .... .- - -- -.-- -.. .- -.. -.. .. -.. .. -. - .... . -. .- ...- -.-- -.. ..- .-. .. -. --. .-- .-- .. .. ·-·-·-

This is what my Dad did in the Navy during WWII.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That's what my Morse says...."This is what my Dad.......".

He was a Signalman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2018, 09:08 PM

5,891 posts, read 3,194,559 times
It might be the case that the UK is too cuckolded and stupid to survive.
This would be a point of evidence in favor of that possibility.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,118,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No there is nothing that says it IS a Hate Crime. This article talks about an inquiry into whether or NOT it was one.

Gosh -- reading comprehension -- we gotta work on that.
And checking on something like that is an utter and complete waste of time.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:47 AM

26,882 posts, read 13,100,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
It might be the case that the UK is too cuckolded and stupid to survive.
This would be a point of evidence in favor of that possibility.
I don't see that this has to do with national survival.

We are leavng the EU and Europe's increasing federalism and plans for a united Europe, we are taking control of our own borders and we wqill be free to make our own trade agreements unlike mot of the rest of Europe.

The laws relating to hate are petty, and need to be properly looked at and sensible reformed, and it's not a question of national survival.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 AM

11,906 posts, read 5,531,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Who does that? If you're at a gas station and you perceive someone is taking too long, you go to another pump.

I bet the other people at the gas station stopped what they were doing to witness the crabby old lady honking her horn. ;D
Apparently, some crabby old ladies do.

It's annoying and probably futile, but I don't think I would consider it a crime, hate or otherwise, unless there is a lot more to the story. The police should investigate when actual harm has been done, but this is ridiculous.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:02 AM

32,813 posts, read 12,097,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Yeh... Kinda reflects badly on the old lady. Up here when people have no problems laying on their horn on the road yet I have never witnessed someone using their horn at the pump....
Are people now allowed to pump their own gas in NJ, or do you mean over the border in PA or NY ?

Old 11-07-2018, 05:05 AM

16,163 posts, read 8,313,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
Thames Valley police in England questioned an eldery white woman after she beeped her horn at a black driver.

When will this insanity stop.
When they find a cure for the mental disorder known as PC liberalism.

`

Old 11-07-2018, 05:24 AM

26,882 posts, read 13,100,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
When they find a cure for the mental disorder known as PC liberalism.
There is an on going debate in the UK and one of Britain's most senior police officers Sara Thornton who heads the National Police Chiefs Council has spoken out.

Thornton clearly stated that police resouces should concentrate on core crimes such as violence and theft at a time of limited resources and hate crime is a waste of resources. Thhornton also spoke out against any possible widening of the definition of what constitutes hate crime.

Senior police officer: Investigate burglaries and violent crime not misogyny - Sky News

The polices role is to prevent and detect crime rather than to seek out it's motivations or interprut the actions of people as a crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Telegraph

Ultimately, the police should focus on treating crime for what it is rather than delving deeply into the prejudices or other motivation of the offender. Surely if there is going to be any kind of psychological examination of motivation, that should be left to the courts. And surely all unprovoked violence or criminal damage should be prosecuted as a serious offence. Otherwise I fear we may be heading for a horrible mess.

The police's job should be to prevent crime - not delve into its motivation - The Telegraph
There are those that disagree with Thornton but at least we are at last having some form of debate on the matter.

Last edited by Brave New World; 11-07-2018 at 05:32 AM..

Old 11-07-2018, 09:49 AM

29,335 posts, read 9,503,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And checking on something like that is an utter and complete waste of time.
Why we're here, isn't it?

Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 AM

33,464 posts, read 17,970,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No there is nothing that says it IS a Hate Crime. This article talks about an inquiry into whether or NOT it was one.

Gosh -- reading comprehension -- we gotta work on that.
Wait till a dirty look is considered a hate crime.. Read the book 1984.. this is the play book of the democrats today. They are chipping away and democrats will also be charged with ridiculous crimes.. it is coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies