Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 11:53 AM

10,525 posts, read 6,157,413 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Nothing against Rachel Maddow but her Trump Tax returns spoof was probably the dumbest i have seen in years.. She did more harm than good to the anti Trump cause, not what i would call very smart!
That episode was 18 months ago.
I doubt it made one iota of difference to the anti Trump or pro-Trump 'cause' one way the another.
Nothing ever does.

She's on for one hour every night, 5 days a week, mostly holding the show up on her own and you pick on one episode from year and a half ago? And that's the dumbest thing you've seen in years?
I see dumb stuff every day. Mostly it comes out of Trumps mouth.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:04 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
meh. neither of them pretend to be even remotely impartial, but the network is not happy.

Fox News: We do 'not condone' hosts Hannity, Pirro participating in Trump campaign events

Old 11-06-2018, 12:07 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,552,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Right you are, Oprah comes to mind and she owns a network

Oprah does not own a news network. She is however a contributor to 60 Minutes on CBS. She doesn't normally do political pieces. She however has taken a leave during the election to campaign for some candidates, including Abrams in Georgia. CBS was however very quick to point out she had temporarily stepped away from her position with the network until after the election.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
They have every right to do what they did. Acting like there is no open and brazen bias on the left is moronic when its seen daily. Where it happens is up to the individual to make their own decisions. Its part of free association in the constitution. The problem with the left is they hate their opponents and the constitution.
They would change both if they had their way.

They have never claimed to have unbiased opinion. They are right up front and standing in the face of the unhinged left giving their opinion.

Why are you posts always so full of nonsense? The left do not 'hate the constitution and opponents' any more than the right 'hate the constitution and opponents'. There's plenty of hate emanating from your own post here. You absolutely hate and detest the left and demonstrate that with every post, with words like 'unhinged' and 'moronic' in every post you write. You'd trade the entire left wing population for a bunch of Russians.

You and Trump would love nothing better than to silence the media, so don't give me a sermon about the left and the constitution.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:12 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,502,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
No. No he doesn't.
Yes, he actually does, you just refuse to believe it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Bm2q8jaLLg

Every statement he makes in this monologue is backed by facts referencing other sources. He makes a logical connection between each statement in his message.

Tell us which part of that clip you find legitimately untrue. I challenge you.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:13 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Are Sean Hannity and Jeanine Piro the best examples of the biased news media that many on the right are always railing against? Many feel they can perceive a media bias in how members of news organization portray issues and politicians. In this case, we have media persons that work for the supposedly most watched news network in the nation out on the campaign stump appearing on stage at rallies with politicians and advocating for how people vote.

Hannity appears on stage at Trump rally, despite vowing he wouldn't
By CAITLIN OPRYSKO
11/06/2018 08:03 AM EST
https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...ly-2018-963565
I think what Hannity and Pirro did was inappropriate. I think employees of news outlets should not be campaigning for politicians. However, they are not "news media." They are both commentators and entertainers, not journalists. Pirro is a former Republican politician herself.

By contrast, Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, Jorge Ramos, and Mika Brzezinski, for example, identify themselves as journalists, reporters, and newscasters. These are commentators and opinionmakers, not journalists.

This morning, Morning Joe was like Democratic PROPAGANDA. It reached an astounding level that would make Fox and Friends blush. I had to turn the channel to Fox News. MSNBC and CNN these days make Fox News look rational and levelheaded.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:17 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Expressing an opinion on a program is one thing. Actually going out on the road and participating in political campaign rallies is quite another thing.
I don't really see that POV, but that's OK. Really, it's up to him and his bosses.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:20 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
CNN gave Hillary the debate questions prior to her debate with Trump. Is that fair, or is that underhanded politics, and totally unethical? At least what Hannity, and Pirro are doing are above board, and public.
Because Hillary, who has been around politics for basically her entire life and who surrounded herself with people who had been around politics for most of their lives, could not discern what questions she might be asked at a political debate.

Old 11-06-2018, 12:23 PM

30,708 posts, read 79,764,742 times
to me the best example is NPR, but then we do not have much around here that I can stand to listen to. One station has Mark Levine, but that guy is worthless as political commentary and as an entertainer. All he does is call people morons. However at least people like that do not try to hide their bias. NPR cracks me up trying to pretend they are not over top extreme biased news and talk. Is it worse to try to appear non-biased when your are extremely biased in your reporting/talk shows, or to be bluntly extremely biased?

On the other hand, I prefer to listen to NPR over Mark Levine (whom I cannot stand to listen to) even through I tend to lean more to the right than left. Actually NPR's attempts to cassert they are anything but extremely biased is funny enough to be entertaining in itself: "We are going to a balanced approach and we will hear from both sides. Speaking for the left is professor Barty Blaguh the third who was raised in a politically active and highly educated family, began studying what is wrong with republicans at age 6 and now has six PhDs and has published 22 books 9 of which were best sellers. Speaking for the right is Tim. A guy we found passed out in the ditch in front of the station wearing a tin foil hat. He was holding a small american flag, so that makes him a representative of the right. Lets sit on the edge of our seats and see which side has the more defendable position. . . .. "

Old 11-06-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
meh. neither of them pretend to be even remotely impartial, but the network is not happy.

Fox News: We do 'not condone' hosts Hannity, Pirro participating in Trump campaign events

Hmm...

Quote:
Fox News says it "does not condone" its hosts "participating in campaign events" as Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro did during a campaign rally with President Trump in Missouri on Monday night.
A network spokesperson on Tuesday called the event "an unfortunate distraction" that "has been addressed."

FOX News does not condone any talent participating in campaign events," read a statement to The Hill. "We have an extraordinary team of journalists helming our coverage tonight and we are extremely proud of their work. This was an unfortunate distraction and has been addressed.”

Addressed how?
A wagged finger?

"does not condone any talent..."
Oh well I guess that counts Hannity and Pirro out anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies