Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 12:58 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times

Advertisements

Like I said, watch.

Trump is far smarter than you. It's like warning you there's a flood coming. just pat yourselves on the back and go to sleep. I'm only trying to reason with the unreasonable.

I guess it's pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
That's rich coming the party that had 47383737 investigations into Benghazi, Hillary's email server, and whatever other petty BS right wing media was peddling.

I'm not even a Republican. THATS rich!

Dems have become the stupidest of the stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 01:00 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
Like I said, watch.

Trump is far smarter than you. It's like warning you there's a flood coming. just pat yourselves on the back and go to sleep. I'm only trying to reason with the unreasonable.

I guess it's pointless.
Lol...wow... You really are arguing that this was a purposeful strategy.

Have to give it to you, you sure are creative.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Lol...wow... You really are arguing that this was a purposeful strategy.

Have to give it to you, you sure are creative.

Go to sleep. Everything is fine.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:06 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
The Dems are in a pickle. Most of the new House members have run on not voting for Pelosi to be their majority leader. Guess what, they won't have a choice. They will be breaking campaign promises right out of the gate. Write it down, watch it happen.

As for the Governors and Senate, which the Pubs gained - Trump is set for 2020, he will need those Governors. His agenda will be stalled for two years as the left continue to resist. THAT is not what their constituents wanted.

BTW, with the vast majority in the Senate (+5) Trump will own the judiciary. The benches will be stacked with Constitutional/Originalist judges. The Republicans haven't had the SCOTUS and Circuit courts for 60 years. Think about that.

Pat yourselves on the back for taking the house. A battle won for sure. With the crazy lineup (Waters going after banks, the rest going for impeachment) you have set yourselves up to lose 2020, bigly.

Write it down, watch it happen.
The Dems won the right to gridlock Trump's legislative agenda. But Trump won the right to go even more conservative with the Judiciary with Republicans doing far better in the Senate than "the polls' predicted.

Since I love government gridlock and a Judiciary that will follow the Constitution, I'm very happy with yesterday's results.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The Dems won the right to gridlock Trump's legislative agenda. But Trump won the right to go even more conservative with the Judiciary with Republicans doing far better in the Senate than "the polls' predicted.

Since I love government gridlock and a Judiciary that will follow the Constitution, I'm very happy with yesterday's results.

EXACTLY!

Why are the Dems oblivious to this? This is the point I'm trying to make! They won a small battle and dragged the Trojan Horse into the gates!!

As a diehard Libertarian, I can't be happier at the results! We freakin won BIG TIME! The progressives don't even understand what just happened to them.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:32 AM

16,960 posts, read 17,342,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
New drinking game: every time we here a liberal say "tax returns" from now until 2020 we take a shot of whiskey.

Plan on alcohol poisoning by Veteran's Day next week.
I keep hearing stupid nonsense about dumb tax returns, outrageous unwarranted impeachment, etc. like any of those things is going to help struggling Americans I'm prove their lives.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:35 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
No doubt controlling the Senate is still a good thing.

But what Trump wanted was full control...and he didn't get it.
I think one party not controlling all three is generally a good thing for our nation, unless......
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Let the investigations and subpoenas begin!

First off for dems: small hands Donald's tax returns!
.... you have clearly bipartisan crap like this going on. This kind of thinking is poisonous for our nation.

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-07-2018 at 04:47 AM..

Old 11-07-2018, 04:47 AM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,895 times
Dude go to bed

Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 AM

16,600 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
BTW, with the vast majority in the Senate (+5) Trump will own the judiciary. The benches will be stacked with Constitutional/Originalist judges. The Republicans haven't had the SCOTUS and Circuit courts for 60 years. Think about that.

I would say this is not so much a Republican victory, but a victory for all the people, and our constitutional republic.
Sure those who love circumventing the way our government is suppose to work (via a liberal activist court) will not be happy, but we all benefit when our system runs correctly and the way it was intended.

`

Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Don't you have to have hope to be in order to 'lose' it.

Was there any slight chance Dems would do better in the Senate?

Not from what I heard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies