Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 04:51 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
https://www.dispatch.com/news/201811...ia-city-ballot

Still no word on the outcome of the vote. But this is where we are in this country. The Left wants to erase our history. They want us to be rootless; just consumers and voters.
So move the statue to a state that wants it.

BTW, removing or moving a statue is not "erasing history." It is a piece of metal.

If you really want the statue--start a petition. Get it moved. Buy it. Whatever.

I tend to believe the whole poutrage over statues thing is especially disingenuous.

They don't care about real people--but those hunks of metal are sacred!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 04:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Shrug. The statue of Lenin is privately owned, and situated on a private piece of land. The owner(s) can remove the statue anytime they want. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue_of_Lenin,_Seattle

The McKinley statue is publicly owned, and situated on a public piece of land. The owner(s) can remove the statue anytime they want.

See how that works?
Property rights understood by a liberal.

Great job.

I'm keeping tabs for our next baker vs gay couple story. See how your logical and moral consistency shake out.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Property rights understood by a liberal.

Great job.

I'm keeping tabs for our next baker vs gay couple story. See how your logical and moral consistency shake out.
I think that a public business should serve anyone who walks in the door, as long as their money isn't counterfeit. The Supreme Court disagrees with me, however, so yes, private businesses can decide that your money isn't as good as mine, at least in some circumstances.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I think that a public business should serve anyone who walks in the door, as long as their money isn't counterfeit. The Supreme Court disagrees with me, however, so yes, private businesses can decide that your money isn't as good as mine, at least in some circumstances.
All businesses are private unless you're talking about the DMV or Post Office, etc.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:21 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
All businesses are private unless you're talking about the DMV or Post Office, etc.
True. But - it wasn't that long ago that minorities could be denied retail services simply because of epidermal melanin and/or epicanthic eyes and/or religion, regardless of their ability to pay or willingness to conform to the seller's usual terms of sale. That's not a world I want to return to. Since businesses are required to have a license from the public in order to operate, I am comfortable with requiring businesses to serve all members of the public on an equal footing.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:23 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
https://www.dispatch.com/news/201811...ia-city-ballot

Still no word on the outcome of the vote. But this is where we are in this country. The Left wants to erase our history. They want us to be rootless; just consumers and voters.
Local issue for the local voters.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:40 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
I am a believer in respecting the presidency. McKinley in particular was assassinated while in office, which goes to show that any president puts his life on the line just running for office. They deserve some respect just as a soldier, cop, or firefighter.

I said that regarding President Obama, and I continue to say so regarding President Trump. Those who called Obama 'obmmer' etc, and those who call Trump 'cheeto' etc. are just proving themselves to be poor Americans.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:29 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,163,062 times
Quote:
And yet Liberals won't demand the removal of Woodrow Wilson's statues.

Of course, why would they? Wilson did everything Liberals want to do, like have Americans spying on Americans, putting people in prison for criticizing the government, curtailing civil and constitutional liberties, vilifying certain groups, restricting the rights of those groups, and forcing them to register with the government and imprisoning them in camps if they don't.

That's what Liberals are all about.

Old 11-07-2018, 09:22 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times
Liberals are lame.....so McKinley was probably awesome and a good example of a real American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies