Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 06:06 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Trump just acted like he was a 5 year in Toys R US and his mommy would not buy him anything

What an embarrassment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How incredibly unpresidential and embarrassing.

We do not have a steady hand at the helm of our ship.

Reporters have long had a reputation for being insistent on getting clear answers - not evasive jargon - to their question, and that's how the media works.

Presidents have long had a reputation for being even-keeled, and trying to at least appear to be open to an active media.

Til now.

He came across like a rabid dog that's been cornered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Oh I see now. It was rude for the reporter to ask the president a question that he couldn’t answer.

Got it! All this shows is that Trump knows that they are coming for him guilty or not it’s on borrowed time.

He's probably worried about Lil' Don.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Obama: "Congratulations to all the Dems, and we must work towards reconciliation!"

Trump: "The Republicans who lost are dumb losers who didn't kiss my butt enough, and those Dems better watch it or I will abuse my power, and oh yeah--the press are the enemies of the people."

Trump called out his own party for being LOSERS! Name by name! What a fricking idiot. Threatens the Dems and then lies about working together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 06:21 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
So now the WH has pulled the "hard pass" of Jim Acosta for aggression. What ever that is.

The rabid press can't act in the WH like ANTIFA does in the street. They have no right to put their hands on the staff to prevent them from doing their job, and a woman no less.

Old 11-07-2018, 06:37 PM

1,702 posts, read 1,919,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
Acosta needs to have his ass beat and if he keeps up that behavior he's going to get it.

And many will laugh and applaud!
Why is that? For asking Trump to defend an indefensible statement? Last time I checked we had the right to question our elected officials.

Old 11-07-2018, 07:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Why is that? For asking Trump to defend an indefensible statement? Last time I checked we had the right to question our elected officials.
Redefining words and arguing they mean something the reporter makes up on the spot isn't part of the job of a reporter in a press briefing. What it is, is one of the lowest standards of low standards the hate Trump media does routinely. Its a blatant attempt to deprive other reporters who might actually want to ask a relevant question and not endless argument.

Its not the job of a reporter to debate the person holding a press briefing. Nor do that have a right to put their hands on staff who are trying to do their job.

Last edited by phma; 11-07-2018 at 07:18 PM..

Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
If there was any doubt that we are being led by a petulant little twit the removal of this man's press credentials should end all that. Congratulations to those who have elected a child to run our nation.

Old 11-08-2018, 03:30 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Trump called out his own party for being LOSERS! Name by name! What a fricking idiot. Threatens the Dems and then lies about working together.

I noticed that, too.

I will admit, I heard the conference on NPR, so I did not see whatever it was that happened between Acosta and the other reporter, but what I heard was Trump talking to the press like he was reprimanding a small child, which is also pretty much how he spoke of the Republicans who didn't want "the embrace." That was one of the strangest things I think I've ever heard from a politician. "The embrace?" What is that, anyway? Is it like the Dementor's Kiss?

Old 11-08-2018, 03:52 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Im not sure SNL could improve on it.

Old 11-08-2018, 05:58 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That video speaks for itself. Corey Lewandowski did the same with Michelle Fields, and CNN and the rest of the crooked MSM went on & on about his assault on a woman.

You guys have a double standard. Accosta was completely out of line.
Acosta tweeted that the WH asked for his credentials that morning, he didn't blame the officer, since "he was just doing his job". I guess when it's a woman "just doing her job", you get to push her away and ignore her directive.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:02 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I noticed that, too.

I will admit, I heard the conference on NPR, so I did not see whatever it was that happened between Acosta and the other reporter, but what I heard was Trump talking to the press like he was reprimanding a small child, which is also pretty much how he spoke of the Republicans who didn't want "the embrace." That was one of the strangest things I think I've ever heard from a politician. "The embrace?" What is that, anyway? Is it like the Dementor's Kiss?
Trump did not name those who climbed on his back and lost. Those he named at HIS rallies and they lost, from Senators, House members, Governor's and local politicians.

Trump lost more then he gained.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies