Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 01:11 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,659,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So much for loyalty, how long do you think Whitaker will last. I’m sure this will infuriate the GOP.
Nah.

This gives Trump to time to appoint someone who won't protect Mueller.

But you're right that Sessions lifetime dream of being AG turned to crap when he sold his soul to Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 01:12 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,132,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Lindsay has been pretty clear he doesn't want the job and looks forward to his position in the senate. He's up to chair the Judicial Committee or something like that.

Trey Goudy might be considered and he's not afraid to go after the crooks like Sessions was.
I think he does want it, though. It's pretty southern to say stuff like that.

Now, whether or not he'll get it remains to be seen.

Sessions, though I am no fan of his, was never AFRAID to go after anyone. He simply stated early on he would recuse himself for legal reasons that were wise, really.

Trump firing Sessions (who has zero to do with elections) the day after losing the House and the news that his son will be indicted soon looks incredibly shady to anyone but people whose lips are glued firmly to Trump's pudgy buttocks.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:12 PM

4,345 posts, read 2,143,693 times
Trump has no choice but to fire little Jeffie who has no spine and recused on Russia, throwing Trump under the bus effectively.......Mueller is a joke and should have never gotten off the ground............

Old 11-07-2018, 01:13 PM

34,937 posts, read 36,132,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well, now that Trump knows democrats were planning to pass legislation to protect Mueller when they take over in January, I guess Trump figures he needs to hurry up and move now to fire Mueller.

Good lord, we are on the brink of a constitutional crisis.
Pretty much. Feels Watergate-y.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:14 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,687,576 times
Quote:
So these folks Trump is going to fire....are they some of those "only the best people" he said he would hire?

Trump has already seen 26 people leave/quit/fired from his administration, the highest turnover rate EVER in American history.

Trump thinks he is still hosting The Apprentice ..........you're fired !

35,516 posts, read 17,781,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
It's constant non-stop chaos with that fool. Just once, I would like to have a day without all of his angry tweets and drama.
He started out really well this morning, as is usually when the top is about to completely blow.

Speaking about Pelosi, and how she's earned the position, and he's looking forward to working with her, etc. Sounded, you know, like something a president would say.

I knew then we were in for a difficult day, which seems to always follow when he starts out acting respectable. It must just take too much out of him.

Fasten your seatbelts folks, we're in for a bumpy ride.

11,404 posts, read 4,057,116 times
Question for Trump supporters, would you rather --

A) See Bob Mueller fired immediately, and ALL information/evidence he has collected be classified and kept from the American public?

or

B) See the Bob Mueller finish his investigation, submit his findings, and if Trump truly is innocent, see the Mueller report fully exonerate Donald Trump of any wrongdoing?

Old 11-07-2018, 01:15 PM

2,486 posts, read 819,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its time for Trump to get rid of AG Sessions and Mr. Peepers too.

Its a fairly sure bet AG Sessions days are numbered. Mr. Peepers, AKA Rosenstein will follow.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...m-that-awaits/

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...senate-mueller

Key senators signal that if Trump were to want a new attorney general — one with the power to fire Robert Mueller — they’d confirm him.

Oh, I forgot about the Senate being the confirmation force for the President. He actually had a great night!

Quote:
Question for Trump supporters, would you rather --

A) See Bob Mueller fired immediately, and ALL information/evidence he has collected be classified and kept from the American public?

or

B) See the Bob Mueller finish his investigation, submit his findings, and if Trump truly is innocent, see the Mueller report fully exonerate Donald Trump of any wrongdoing?

BOTH!

I want Mueller to release everything he has, which is nothing. Once we see the millions wasted on a Clinton/Comey/Mueller invented witchhunt, fire his arse and get down to indicting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Trump thinks he is still hosting The Apprentice ..........you're fired !
The executive branch serves the Prersident. I know you do not believe he is the President, but that's your problem.

9,727 posts, read 9,699,420 times
Quote:
Well, now that Trump knows democrats were planning to pass legislation to protect Mueller when they take over in January, I guess Trump figures he needs to hurry up and move now to fire Mueller.

Good lord, we are on the brink of a constitutional crisis.
They can't pass anything from the House.

29,184 posts, read 22,227,289 times
Quote:
This is great news for Dems.

If Trump is preparing to fire Little Jeffie so he can appoint somebody who will fire Mueller, it will essentially be political suicide for Trump.
Maybe.
The last time a President fired his AG while under suspicion, it led to his resignation. Richard Nixon resigned one step ahead of impeachment.

I don't think Trump will allow himself to ever be impeached either, but a new AG won't be able to stop Mueller. Or any new investigation that begins in the House of Representatives either.

Sessions' resignation does remove all the protection he enjoyed from Mueller, though, and Jeff was present at all the Trump hanky-panky with the Russians that went on in Trump Tower. That's why he recused himself in the first place.

No he as nothing at all to lose, Jeff may want an appointment with Mueller soon. They do have some things to discuss. Baby Donnie won't like what will be said at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies