Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2018, 04:48 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
The problem is this country has become a nation of identities. The left massacred Kavanaugh to play to their female base and THAT is who came out in force to flip the house.

Guilty or not the college educated (that's important) females decided he was guilty. They threw out due process in favor of identity justice.
Females came out in force and helped the Republicans gain in the Senate. If you look at social media, all the Beto supporters who can't take a loss have been blaming white females for his loss. They are angry at all white females. They're never going to talk to us again, (darn), we are "supporting the patriarchy', we're all "white supremacists", blah, blah, blah.

The college educated were on both sides - left and right. Someone having a college education doesn't mean they are intelligent. I've met a lot of extremely stupid college educated people. A college education will never replace common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2018, 04:51 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
A decent human being would be a nice change. Not only in most everything policy wise, but in the tone of the conversation.

It's even hard to imagine now Obama sitting around a big table with scores of Republicans trying to tell them how American needs health care reform. Of course, none of them voted for it anyway (McConnel probably threatened their careers), but - wow - he sat down with them.

Trump is too ADD to ever do that.
Well decent isn't Obama, Hillary, some Obama II or any other democrats who strive to keep our borders open so everyone can come in and steal from Americans and to totally transform the country into some Latin American elitist controlled nation or a cultural Marxist experiment.

Old 11-07-2018, 04:57 PM

8,044 posts, read 10,635,981 times
Neither party holds the "moral compass".

Old 11-07-2018, 05:01 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Neither party holds the "moral compass".
In as much as the Democratic party became Republican-lite and strayed form their Progressive roots, there is no comparison between the two. At least the Dems lobby and advocate for a clean environment, affordable healthcare and education, equal pay and a livable wage...while the current Republican party is strictly there to further enrich the already rich and rob the treasury.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:02 PM

2,486 posts, read 824,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisphotographer View Post
There was no "due process" to begin with. It was a dog and pony show to push him through. No actual interviews.

Secondly, when is the right going to give up on the notion that Kavanaugh was a either a pro or a con in this election? I don't know a single person who changed their vote because of him.

There was no due process is exactly right! It doesn't matter what side you're on, if you throw out due process it's like saying you no longer want to be a free human being.

I don't know about you, but I do not want to live in a world of brown shirts breaking down my door because some person saved his a$$ by lying on me!

These women have come forward and said, admitted, they lied. How does that not make everyone angry?

If you are a male and a woman can destroy your life simply because she decides to, good luck fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
In as much as the Democratic party became Republican-lite and strayed form their Progressive roots, there is no comparison between the two. At least the Dems lobby and advocate for a clean environment, affordable healthcare and education, equal pay and a livable wage...while the current Republican party is strictly there to further enrich the already rich and rob the treasury.
I used to be ideological too - I grew up when life gave me a reality check. You'll get there too unless you are a silver spoon self loather. Having a divorced single working mother forced me to be real, to be grounded, to see how things REALLY are.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Any miserable nation that KNOWINGLY puts in office Schumer-Pelosi-Waters and Diane Frankenstein has no soul and no morals at all. The Kavanaugh massacre should have been enough to turn off the entire nation, which anybody who grew up in the 50's doesn't recognize anymore...........
Completely agree. And I'll add another -- the media's treatment of our president is COMPLETELY OUT OF LINE. I don't care if they don't like him, but damn it, show him a little bit of decency and a little bit of respect. Today was Trump's first press conference since Jan 2017 and I'll bet you it's his last. He can use twitter from now on. Too bad media, too bad CNN - you lose.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:08 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
The GOP put what 2 or 3 members back into the House who are under indictment ( Hunter and the inside trade guy in NYS) from Trumps DOJ.

What happened to the GOP and the lack of morels

Old 11-07-2018, 05:09 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Any miserable nation that KNOWINGLY puts in office Schumer-Pelosi-Waters and Diane Frankenstein has no soul and no morals at all. The Kavanaugh massacre should have been enough to turn off the entire nation, which anybody who grew up in the 50's doesn't recognize anymore...........
Aw, man. I came on this thread thinking you were talking about somebody else. LOL.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:09 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,369,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
Anyone who grew up in the 50's shouldn't be allowed to vote. Step aside. This is no longer your country.
Typical millennial, you didn't build it but think it belongs to you.

Old 11-07-2018, 05:10 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Watch it! I posted a similar thread topic and I got scolded. "The moral decaying of America"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies