Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 08:33 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,227,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump will eventually only be taking questions from the journalist at the Thank You Jesus For Trump Facebook page.
As opposed to Obama, when in the rare event he spoke directly to reporters, he would nurse a question to consume time and limit total questions to 2 or 3. clearly in control of content and kept the number of questions limited.

Acosta posed a question in the form of an accusation. Never a god idea to elicit information unless it is a police inquisition at headquarters under bright lights pointed at the perps eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 08:36 AM

718 posts, read 599,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Great point. All this froth over a journalist losing his press pass, and we have a journalist’s family being utterly terrorized by Antifa leftists.

Our priorities are out of whack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
https://twitter.com/guypbenson/statu...43092678365184

fox commentator tucker Carlson's family home front door was allegedly rammed by a leftist mob cracking the front door last night, his wife and children terrorized, and Acosta is the big story?

Agree. I did not see this story, thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:37 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
I couldn't discern the 'doctoring' of the video...some video hack/techie may have actually found some (...or maybe created it themselves when they did/showed the comparison). I don't know.

What I do know is the purported undoctored (before) clip still showed Ol' Jim ignoring the woman who's job it is to retrieve the mic under the direction of the president...and forcibly pushing her arm down.

No excuse for this arrogance.

I also found that many stations and web sites showing versions of the encounter omitting completely the woman trying to take the mic and being strong armed.. With headlines reading like Trump Melts Down at CNN’s Jim Acosta: ‘You are a Rude, Terrible Person!’ ... and no mention of the mic incident.

How's that for 'doctoring'? (I consider THIS 'fake news').

Soon there will be dozens of versions of the video clip...how many will be 'doctored' or misrepresented?
I still stand by my belief that slowing down part of a video clip is not 'doctoring' the video.

If I slow down the movie I'm watching on Netflix, I'm not altering the video itself, I'm just watching it at a slower speed. The video file and footage is continuous and unaffected.

"Doctoring" (which, BTW, is quite the ironic choice of words given that it was likely chosen to manipulate the reader as it sounds more serious) would mean cutting certain frames, adding blood stain visuals to her arms, etc.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:37 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
She should not be trying to tackle him to grab a mic. That's not how a press conference works.

He apologized for blocking her attempts, as I do not think he expected her to come at him like she did that last time. She was on top of him, pretty much.

So, no... he did not attack anyone and this spin is really low.

He pushed Trump. He was not kissing up to him, but it's not his job to do that. It's his job to get Trump to answer the questions he thinks CNN's viewers want answered.

Trump could have shut him down tactfully, but Trump has no tact.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:39 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
I still stand by my belief that slowing down part of a video clip is not 'doctoring' the video.

If I slow down the movie I'm watching on Netflix, I'm not altering the video itself, I'm just watching it at a slower speed. The video file and footage is continuous and unaffected.

"Doctoring" (which, BTW, is quite the ironic choice of words given that it was likely chosen to manipulate the reader as it sounds more serious) would mean cutting certain frames, adding blood stain visuals to her arms, etc.
If I show you a video as "proof" that I can run a 3 minute mile, but it turns out that I've actually fast forwarded parts of the video, I've doctored the video in order to perpetrate a lie. That what posters on this thread have done.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If I show you a video as "proof" that I can run a 3 minute mile, but it turns out that I've actually fast forwarded parts of the video, I've doctored the video in order to perpetrate a lie. That what posters on this thread have done.
That's a logical fallacy as the basis of your argument involves the time it takes to complete a 3 minute mile. If this were a legitimate evaluation of your speed, a stopwatch visual would be added to the video, and the stopwatch would be unaffected by speeding the video up.

Speed of body to body contact is irrelevant in the case of Acosta vs. WH aide as that is not the important takeaway. The takeaway was that there was indeed body to body contact... and that is unaffected by replay speed.

Nice try though.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:47 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,586,584 times
Quote:
That's a logical fallacy as the basis of your argument involves the time it takes to complete a 3 minute mile. If this were a legitimate evaluation of your speed, a stopwatch visual would be added to the video, and the stopwatch would be unaffected by speeding the video up.

Speed of video is irrelevant in the case of Acosta vs. WH aide as that is not the important takeaway. The takeaway was body to body contact... and that is unaffected by replay speed.

Nice try though.
Its completely relevant when posters are claiming that Acosta "karate chopped" and "struck" the intern when that claim can only be supported by a video doctored to change the speed at which his arm moved.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:47 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:

Speed of video is irrelevant in the case of Acosta vs. WH aide as that is not the important takeaway. The takeaway was body to body contact... and that is unaffected by replay speed.

Nice try though.
If I pat you on the back at normal speed at 30 frames per second it looks like a friendly gesture.
If I then triple it to 90 frames per second it looks like I'm trying to knock you over. That is the difference.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
If I pat you on the back at normal speed at 30 frames per second it looks like a friendly gesture.
If I triple it to 90 frames per second it looks like I'm trying to knock you over. That is the difference.
There are video clips of this incident played at normal speed and it looks exactly the same.

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1060338258402365440

He's still physically forcing her arm to prevent her from taking the mic away. The replay speed is irrelevant.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Great point. All this froth over a journalist losing his press pass, and we have a journalist’s family being utterly terrorized by Antifa leftists.

Our priorities are out of whack.
There actually are many people in the world, that cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies