Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 02:22 PM

8,435 posts, read 6,818,616 times

Advertisements

Looks like the White House staffer made the first move and rather aggressively too. Looks like her job was to circle around the press people to grab the mike when someone asked a question that the President did not want to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 02:22 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,638,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
Where do the GOP snowflakes that claim Acosta assaulted her stand on this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlNn0GnnLvs
Okay, first I would have to say please, come up with your own derogatory term to use against the GOP. Snowflakes is taken, and it just seems silly when Dems try to appropriate the term. The term may have originally been a non-partisan dig, but at this point, when most people hear the word "snowflakes" in a political discussion, they automatically think of liberals/Democrats. Not saying that's okay, just saying that's how it is.

Now, as far as this video is concerned, I don't quite know what to say about it. I mean, it's completely different than the Acosta video, yet I have to admit when I saw it the first thing that popped in my mind was "that seemed rude". For some reason it looks like Trump really felt he needed to be in front of that guy. Maybe the guy cut in front of the line. Either way, the videos show two completely different kinds of interactions. But Trump definitely seemed to rather rudely push his way past the man in the video.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:26 PM

15,705 posts, read 9,468,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You don't even need to play that vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wtoN6kn4SA
The bolded would explain why you think he assaulted the intern. Because you have not seen the whole video, just this one still, which does not show his "hands" on her. You apparently watched the InfoWars version that Sarah Sanders sent out

What the still in this video shows is his arm making incidental contact as he speaks with her arm as she reaches across his body to get the mic

Old 11-08-2018, 02:27 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
The bolded would explain why you think he assaulted the intern. Because you have not seen the whole video, just this one still, which does not show his "hands" on her. You apparently watched the InfoWars version that Sarah Sanders sent out
LITERALLY FAKE NEWS, being pushed by the Trump admin, and now his tools.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Still posting doctored videos I see. I have no idea how you aren't banned from this site for doing it.
Here's a better link to the video, although I am having trouble seeing how you might feel a more complete version of the video is better. In this video, you actually really see that Acosta meant to put his arm down to stop this woman from retrieving the microphone because she had already attempted to retrieve it twice before the third attempt which resulted in his making contact with this woman's arm. Up to this point, I had been giving him the benefit of the doubt on this, because I thought perhaps this was simply a thoughtless reaction to this woman coming to take his mic. But seeing as how she had actually attempted to retrieve it twice before she was actually struck, it seems to me he absolutely knew what he was doing. However, I still wouldn't call this an assault. But I do think he deserved to have his White House pass suspended. As would all of you had this been a reporter from Fox News. We gotta start being willing to call out those we support just as quickly as those we do not. Otherwise, our society will fall into total chaos.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46133268

Old 11-08-2018, 02:32 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,938,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Okay, first I would have to say please, come up with your own derogatory term to use against the GOP. Snowflakes is taken, and it just seems silly when Dems try to appropriate the term. The term may have originally been a non-partisan dig, but at this point, when most people hear the word "snowflakes" in a political discussion, they automatically think of liberals/Democrats. Not saying that's okay, just saying that's how it is.

Now, as far as this video is concerned, I don't quite know what to say about it. I mean, it's completely different than the Acosta video, yet I have to admit when I saw it the first thing that popped in my mind was "that seemed rude". For some reason it looks like Trump really felt he needed to be in front of that guy. Maybe the guy cut in front of the line. Either way, the videos show two completely different kinds of interactions. But Trump definitely seemed to rather rudely push his way past the man in the video.

The use of the term at all is stupid. Using it to mock its typical users for the exact type of behavior they CONSTANTLY deride is the only appropriate use of the word.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:32 PM

88,788 posts, read 44,594,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Looks like the White House staffer made the first move and rather aggressively too. Looks like her job was to circle around the press people to grab the mike when someone asked a question that the President did not want to answer.
Your timing is off. The intern's job was to transfer the mic to the next journalist called on by POTUS. Watch the entire press conference video on C-SPAN. Not one other journalist used physical force/intimidation against the intern to try to keep the mic after POTUS had already called on another journalist as Acosta did.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchampagne232000 View Post
The use of the term at all is stupid. Using it to mock its typical users for the exact type of behavior they CONSTANTLY deride is the only appropriate use of the word.
Fair enough. I can understand and respect that line of reasoning.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:35 PM

40,936 posts, read 49,025,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Your timing is off. The intern's job was to transfer the mic to the next journalist called on by POTUS. Watch the entire press conference video on C-SPAN. Not one other journalist used physical force/intimidation against the intern to try to keep the mic after POTUS had already called on another journalist as Acosta did.
Libs love to twist the truth don't they? That big mean girl tried to rip it out of poor Jims hands and beat him over the head with it. (she should have)

Old 11-08-2018, 02:40 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,195,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Libs love to twist the truth don't they? That big mean girl tried to rip it out of poor Jims hands and beat him over the head with it. (she should have)
Libs didn't come up with alternative facts, or saying the truth isn't always the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies