Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 10:31 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I lost whatever faith in humanity I had left on November 8th of 2016. I thought the majority of people were good and knew right from wrong, but that night proved me wrong.....
there it is.

so voting for hillary was just and right but orange man is pure evil? maybe you have been 'touched'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 10:33 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,587,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
there it is.

so voting for hillary was just and right but orange man is pure evil? maybe you have been 'touched'
Not evil, but wrong and unintelligent yes. If you can't see his incompetence and crassness for what they are, that says more about you than me....

Old 01-02-2019, 10:36 AM

25,555 posts, read 17,256,908 times
Quote:
Democrats should immediately confront the federal minimum wage rate.
Has anyone reminded the Democrats that they only control The House?
They act as if they control The Country, which they almost did, once. That's how we got Obamacare, the main tenet of which was declared to be illegal by SCOTUS.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:39 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
there it is.

Yep, and it would not matter if it was anyone else besides Hillary either. Remember how the left treated the last couple of republican Presidents? They have ramped it up for Trump sometimes deservedly so, but they aren’t fooling me that if it was another republican in office, we would be sitting around a campfire holding hands and singing a song.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Yep, and it would not matter if it was anyone else besides Hillary either. Remember how the left treated the last couple of republican Presidents? They have ramped it up for Trump sometimes deservedly so, but they aren’t fooling me that if it was another republican in office, we would be sitting around a campfire holding hands and singing a song.
I wouldn't have liked Kasich, but would have tolerated him. But Cruz would have been just as bad as W, though not sure where I would have gauged him as better or worse than The Cheeto.

I didn't think HW Bush was horrible....

Old 01-02-2019, 10:47 AM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Not evil, but wrong and unintelligent yes. If you can't see his incompetence and crassness for what they are, that says more about you than me....
trump is no choir boy. he should stay off twitter and his personal life is a mess. but he has hardly been incompetent. if you judged him solely by the media's portrayal of him, he should have an approval rating of about 10. The reason its still as high as it is is because a lot people do agree with his positions on important issues such as putting america first and securing the border. those things aren't going away even when trump does.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:48 AM

18,453 posts, read 7,081,915 times
Quote:
They pay taxes, they just don't pay federal income tax, and that is due to a combination of graduated rates and the EITC, plus the first $9k of income not being subject to income tax.

Everyone pays sales tax, everyone who drives pays fuel taxes....

If they're using money that came from my taxes, then they aren't paying the sales taxes, gas taxes etc.....

I am.

So not only am I paying to support them, I'm paying their share of the taxes too.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
So you'd rather their be bloodshed on both sides rather than maintaining social services?!?!?

Saying that people will riot and kill me if I don't give them free stuff isn't a very compelling argument for me to want to give them free stuff.

Old 01-02-2019, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
If they're using money that came from my taxes, then they aren't paying the sales taxes, gas taxes etc.....

I am.

So not only am I paying to support them, I'm paying their share of the taxes too.
I'm not even going to dignify that with a response

Old 01-02-2019, 10:56 AM

Quote:
The concept of not just knowing you have to pay your taxes is alien to me; it would be like not knowing that you have to drink water to live....

I promise you that if the government stopped making you pay your taxes, you will not die.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies