Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 08:42 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
Another dumb veteran that went crazy. They will cover up with PTSD or some other made up bs.
PTSD is not made up bs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 08:43 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times
I dont get the conspiracy theorists who claim this is a false flag, based on the people involved not having "normal" reactions. how can that be a false flag when a policeman died?

Old 11-08-2018, 08:44 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
PTSD is not made up bs.
It isnt..but in these situations it is. There is always some excuse for veterans. Im sick of it.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I dont get the conspiracy theorists who claim this is a false flag, based on the people involved not having "normal" reactions. how can that be a false flag when a policeman died?
Simple...they’ll label him a “crisis actorâ€.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:45 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Literally none of what you said is relevant to the topic of this thread.

You’re attempting (but not succeeding) to convince people that somehow it’s “the immigrants” fault that this recent shooting occurred.
Please, don't put words at me. This guy is one of the broken ones. He hated something. If we can't agree on that we have no discussion and you just want to sweep it away. We need to figure out where this hatred comes from. If you don't think immigrants can hate, or the locals can hate then you are seriously living in another dimension.

People have a serious hatred for each other it doesn't matter who it is. If you can't accept that then trying to detail is just a waste of time. Why try and dissect it right? What is your solution. Oh wait, you have none.

We have a culture clash and immigration is very much a part of this. I'm not blaming anyone, I simply see it on a daily basis. We hate each other.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:48 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Please, don't put words at me. This guy is one of the broken ones. He hated something. If we can't agree on that we have no discussion and you just want to sweep it away. We need to figure out where this hatred comes from. If you don't think immigrants can hate, or the locals can hate then you are seriously living in another dimension.
A. Unless you’re privy to information no-one else has, immigrants are completely irrelevant to this shooting.

B. While I’d assuredly love to experience alternate dimensions, I’m in the same one as the rest of humanity.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:55 PM

8,553 posts, read 10,975,842 times
One more mass killing to add to the list.
One has to ask, how , or better yet, why is America the country that holds the dubious distinction of being the country with the most mass killings of all the countries in the world?

Liberals would argue, that because guns are so readily available, mass killings are becoming the norm.
The absence of guns would only drive people to find other ways to kill, so removing the guns isn't the answer.
Also we can't go knocking on every door in the country to see if the people inside are sane, or mentally unstable.
People have a right to defend themselves, should the need arise, so we are left to ask, how does this mass killing problem get resolved?

The first one I remember (excluding wars) was Columbine in Colorado, then it seems mass killings were an almost guarantee for the years to follow.
As heinous as these killing were, and are, still nothing is being done to address the problem.

The world has it's abundance of well trained psychologist, and why is it they have not taken on this problem?
I know of no select group of people commissioned by the government to look into these mass killings.

For some unknown reason, these mass murders have become so commonplace, that with in days, they are put on the back burner, never to be mentioned again, until the next one.
Truth of the matter is, I don't think in today's society, they can be stopped, or prevented.
It is what we have become.

There was a time(around the time of the Columbine incident) when my thinking was to amend the constitution, and repeal the 2nd amendment,then disarm the entire country.
Later years, and more positive, rational thinking, proved that was a reckless, approach.
Like I said, I am not sure anything can be done, but one thing for sure, by sweeping this problem under the carpet, like it doesn't exist, nothing will get done in solving this problem.

I have more to say on this subject, but this post is long enough as it is.
I will post again to further my thoughts concerning a solution(if there is one).

Bob.

Old 11-08-2018, 08:56 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I'm not promoting any theory but are you suggesting that since a government employee is being listed as one of the victims that fact alone negates any possibility of it being a false flag?

Old 11-08-2018, 09:01 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
A. Unless you’re privy to information no-one else has, immigrants are completely irrelevant to this shooting.

B. While I’d assuredly love to experience alternate dimensions, I’m in the same one as the rest of humanity.
Because every new citizen thinks just like the existing one, right? 11 million illegals just blend in right? Can I have some of your fairy dust? You are so focused on championing your beloved immigrants (skin in the game I'm sure) you can't see the hatred it is causing. Same with foreign wars.

Whatever, keep blaming an inanimate object, let's see how that works. These people are snapping and we need to find root cause. It's called hate. What is causing the hate?

Old 11-08-2018, 09:04 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Allegedly, this guy was a converted Muslim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies