Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 09:06 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,101,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Allegedly, this guy was a converted Muslim.
So sayeth an image you found on 4chan /pol, the bastion of credible non-white-supremacist news. /S
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 09:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Allegedly, this guy was a converted Muslim.
And that's relevant because...

Old 11-08-2018, 09:15 PM

1,870 posts, read 2,390,167 times
Well this brings it all home...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKUqBazmAdA

Old 11-08-2018, 09:16 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
I’m not blaming guns whatsoever, and do me a favor and stop being so f’n presumptuous.

Was the shooter an immigrant? No?

Stop repeating at-right taking points.
Thanks for skipping over most of what I wrote. He fought foreign wars. Both sides hate each other. Does that sink in now? This guy was in the service and decided to shoot up a redneck bar. Does that help? He was trained to kill foreigners but expected to live next to them here. You seriously can't connect the dots with all of the mass shootings by ex military lately? We hate each other.

I wasn't in the military nor am I white. I see it. There is serious hate now. It has been for 20 years.

What's your solution to this? I've asked this multiple times to radical libs yet no answer besides ban ban ban. If you are a moderate maybe you can enlighten us.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Thanks for skipping over most of what I wrote. He fought foreign wars. Both sides hate each other. Does that sink in now? This guy was in the service and decided to shoot up a redneck bar. Does that help? He was trained to kill foreigners but expected to live next to them here. You seriously can't connect the dots with all of the mass shootings by ex military lately? We hate each other.

I wasn't in the military nor am I white. I see it. There is serious hate now. It has been for 20 years.
Again, that’s nothing more than unfounded speculation, and if I didn’t know any better, I’d call it projection.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:19 PM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Good question and good critical thinking. As far as I know, rarely or never. Seems like these types of events started becoming a normal or regular thing sometime within the past decade or so, and especially since Newtown, CT in 2012. This all despite the fact that violent crime in general fell significantly during the 1990's and has stayed much lower than it ever was in the 1970's or 80's. So something else is going on IMO.
The first that I remember was New Orleans in 73 and seeing a TV movie of the University of Texas Tower a decade before that. Then the San Yisidro McDonald's a decade later.

What are the suspects?

. The general up gunning of society. Moving from revolvers to pistols. along with using rifles and carbines that an average shooter can get on target faster and easier than past models.

The prescription pharmaceuticals.

The more realistic combat simulators turned into games. There not being more uses of violence the mMore realistic blood splatter in media portrayals of violence.

Lower levels of belief in a God proclaiming that thou shall not murder

The US political climate becoming more confrontational nearing the 1860 level.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Again, that’s nothing more than unfounded speculation, and if I didn’t know any better, I’d call it projection.
You can call it all you want. What's your solution. I'll ask for the final time I have better things to do than deal with circular logic.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:25 PM

Quote:
You can call it all you want. What's your solution. I'll ask for the final time I have better things to do than deal with circular logic.
Do explain how it’s circular logic.

What we need is better treatment and access to treatment for mental illness in this country....

Old 11-08-2018, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Do explain how it’s circular logic.

What we need is better treatment and access to treatment for mental illnesses in this country....
Hate is not always a mental illness, it's a state of mind. You know that right? The same has being happy. Were all the people that committed suicide in war mentally ill? Their Countries made them out as patriotic. If you were Japanese and were surrounded it was honorable to kill yourself vs being taken prisoner. In Iraq you were a hero if you wore a bomber vest and killed the enemy. We do the same, train people to kill then freak out when it actually happens.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Hate is not always a mental illness, it's a state of mind. You know that right? The same has being happy. Were all the people that committed suicide in war mentally ill? Their Countries made them out as patriotic. If you were Japanese and were surrounded it was honorable to kill yourself vs being taken prisoner. In Iraq you were a hero if you wore a bomber vest and killed the enemy. We do the same, train people to kill then freak out when it actually happens.
Hate to the extent that you’re willing to mass-murder a dozen fellow citizens is not a mindset undertaken by the mentally stable. Why that principle needs explaining is beyond me....

This has nothing to do with nationality or immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies