Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2018, 06:20 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If everyone, or a substantial amount of people are armed with the same firepower as an idiot, the idiot will not be firing for more than 1-5 rounds, instead of emptying 3 banana mags.
Agreed, but that is not a solution. It does not SOLVE the problem, it is only a way to address it. There is NO solution............
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2018, 06:21 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Media hiding gunman idetity?
Or maybe they are waiting for law enforcement to give them that information instead of engaging in wild speculation.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:23 AM

764 posts, read 235,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, retiredcop, what do you think is a better solution? To have every Tom, Dick, and Jane packing heat ? Is that what you really think will work and what you want ? Is this going back to the Old West mentality ?

Being an excop, you should know that, statistically, Granny with a pistol is not going to do squat in a situation like this. People freeze, even men who are fairly familiar with guns. Normal citizens are not tuned into thinking they will be faced with a gunman situation, and they do not perform like you think they would. Of all people, you, an ex professional, should know that better than anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

I am a damn good shot, but I do not go through life expecting to be confronted with a maniac with a gun...…...most of us do not.
I thought this video had been laughed off of the internet long ago..........

Old 11-08-2018, 06:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
OK, Don what is your solution? Confiscate all 400 million legal firearms in the US and ban all sales?
No, just comprehensive gun control measures.

Let Trump explain these common sense measures to you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A5-ikLYPzg&t=130s

Old 11-08-2018, 06:24 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Ok, retiredcop, what do you think is a better solution? To have every Tom, Dick, and Jane packing heat ? Is that what you really think will work and what you want ? Is this going back to the Old West mentality ?

Being an excop, you should know that, statistically, Granny with a pistol is not going to do squat in a situation like this. People freeze, even men who are fairly familiar with guns. Normal citizens are not tuned into thinking they will be faced with a gunman situation, and they do not perform like you think they would. Of all people, you, an ex professional, should know that better than anyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8QjZY3WiO9s

I am a damn good shot, but I do not go through life expecting to be confronted with a maniac with a gun...…...most of us do not.

My dad told me to carry a pocket knife as it could be used for many things and save my life, if i have to eat, build a fire, cut my way out, or even attacked by a predator, including dogs and people if needed.
This was reinforced by the Cub & Boy Scouts.
I don't use my knife everyday, maybe once a week if that, but I got it.
Same goes for my sidearm & smokepoles.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:27 AM

9,532 posts, read 16,518,269 times
I thought maybe the country could make Christmas, before another senseless shooting. Guess not. Its only been a week since the Pittsburgh shooting.

These senseless shootings are obviously accelerating. There are obvious patterns in all these shootings. For the country as a whole to just tolerate, this continuous slaughter is a National Disgrace. Using the excuse how can we possibly stop these, or know when they will happen. Doesn't fly. To sit by and not even attempt to deal with this problem. Is speaking volumes about the USA. All of us not just the massive amont, of absolutely cowardly worthless politicians. We are all to blame at this point, that these murders go on and on.

However I'm sure there will be plenty of the usual Thoughts and Prayers.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:29 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
In 1962, The SCOTUS threw God out of public schools; it's been hell ever since. No Bible, no peace.

" When was God removed from public schools?
“One can argue, and some have, that the decision by the Supreme Court – in a series of three decisions back in 1962 and 1963 – to remove Bible and prayer from our public schools, may be the most spiritually significant event in our nation's history over the course of the last 55 years,” Jeynes said."

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...caused-decline

Old 11-08-2018, 06:30 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I thought maybe the country could make Christmas, before another senseless shooting. Guess not. Its only been a week since the Pittsburgh shooting.

These senseless shootings are obviously accelerating. There are obvious patterns in all these shootings. For the country as a whole to just tolerate, this continuous slaughter is a National Disgrace. Using the excuse how can we possibly stop these, or know when they will happen. Doesn't fly. To sit by and not even attempt to deal with this problem. Is speaking volumes about the USA. All of us not just the massive amont, of absolutely cowardly worthless politicians. We are all to blame at this point, that these murders go on and on.

However I'm sure there will be plenty of the usual Thoughts and Prayers.
We have dealt with this problem since the natives wanted us gone off their land and the British bullied, abused and killed innocent people.

The ONLY WAY anyone stops a bad guy with a weapon, is a good guy/gal with an equal weapon.
Just think if the Cherokee had AR's and 30 round Mags, with the settlers and their single shot black powder muskets.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,696,468 times
Sad due to another nut job, so many lives are lost. Prayers to the victims and their families.

Old 11-08-2018, 06:31 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Media hiding gunman idetity?
I think they're waiting for official confirmation, but The LA Times has quoted an unnamed law enforcement source who relayed that the gunman was a 29-year-old male who drove his mother's car to the bar. He was armed with smoke devices and a handgun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies