Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2018, 07:05 PM

19,718 posts, read 10,118,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
LOL that's lemming for, I'm scared and you should be too.
3 maybe 4 things ya'll willfully ignore and choose to instead focus on the implement.

DWI kills more than machine guns in civilians hands ever have.
Yet. No ban on alcohol nor ban on private ownership of an automobile
Insurance Institute says that distracted driving, primarily cell phone use, kills more people than drunk drivers. But cell phones remain legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2018, 07:10 PM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,911 times
Cellphones, automobiles and machine guns.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:18 PM

35,061 posts, read 16,995,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Why should they be illegal?
You can correct me if I'm wrong but I see no legitimate civilian use for them.

Old 11-17-2018, 07:31 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I can.
Home and defense in general.

The Beckwith Incident

Plus they're loads of fun.
We're guaranteed life, liberty and pursuits of happiness.
My pursuit of happiness is in the form of a belt fed full auto. I should be able to walk in to a gun store. Exchange cash for a brand new manufactured machine gun, fill out the 4473 and walk out after the NICS check goes through.

Then there's the whole tyrannical .gov thing. The idea of exerting force against a populace that is equally/greater equipped than its military is quite impossible for tyranny to be initiated.

I have neighbors that own machine guns. I have no fear of them or their weaponry. Envy sure...

Old 11-17-2018, 07:43 PM

And then there's this.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/archi...=.e0bcc997ea01

Old 11-17-2018, 09:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette Ministries View Post
YOU may not harm anyone with your machine gun, but if they were legal, others might buy them and plan on harming others.

That's just common sense.

Who said they were illegal?
They have been unconstitutionally made a privileged item. Not illegal. You just have to tell them you got it.
Same with short barrel shotguns and rifles.

Old 11-18-2018, 04:02 AM

2,771 posts, read 2,302,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who said they were illegal?
They have been unconstitutionally made a privileged item. Not illegal. You just have to tell them you got it.
Same with short barrel shotguns and rifles.
Noted. Good to know.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I think they should be illegal. Banning them however would not be obeyed or work. A ban feels good, so do it.
It is not about what "you think"
" Personal liberty, or the Right to enjoyment of life and liberty, is one of the fundamental or natural Rights, which has been protected by its inclusion as a guarantee in the various constitutions, which is not derived from, or dependent on, the U.S. Constitution, which may not be submitted to a vote and may not depend on the outcome of an election. It is one of the most sacred and valuable Rights, as sacred as the Right to private property...and is regarded as inalienable."
- - - 16 Corpus Juris Secundum, Constitutional Law, Sect.202, p.987.
In this excerpt we see that sacred rights encompass natural rights, personal liberty, and the right to private property (i.e., absolutely owned by an individual).
NATURAL RIGHTS - ... are the rights of life, liberty, privacy, and good reputation.
- - - Black's Law Dictionary, Sixth Ed., p. 1324
Short review of the foundation of American law - - -" We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..."
--- Declaration of Independence, 1776

Not to threaten my life, in order to take my liberty and that is suppose to make me happy.

Old 11-18-2018, 06:39 AM

Quote:
You have never had 100 wild hogs make your pasture look like the moon, and destroy all the grass for your cows.
The M-249 comes in handy and still doesn't get them all.
A lot of tamales to make!

Old 11-18-2018, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You have never had 100 wild hogs make your pasture look like the moon, and destroy all the grass for your cows.
The M-249 comes in handy and still doesn't get them all.
A lot of tamales to make!
Here in Florida those bastards wreck citrus groves. They're intelligent. They'll attack the roots of trees to get them to drop the fruit.
The cattle aren't treated with hormones and antibiotics, all natural.
One bite from a ravenous bacteria/parasite infested hog spells disaster for a rancher and their herd. The only cattle that is treated with antibiotics and hormones are show cattle/livestock that leave the ranch.

Never mind injury sustained by cattle and horses from the craters they leave behind often requiring to be put down on site due to a leg fracture.

249? I'd be out there with an MG42/MG3 or M60. With 2 foot long inconel/titanium suppressors and wizard eyes to take whole groups of them out at night.

You and I, we get it. Try explaining the credibility of lawful use of machine guns to cosmopolitan/suburban/city America will conjure thoughts of some movie or the assumption of a Somalia type environment, followed with. Well you can't hunt with a machine gun!

Sure you can. We could prove it if allowed.
But you don't wear a badge or uniform. Are you suggesting we need a tax payer funded bureacracy to go in and do the job?
Nope. Just End The Hughes amendment. Us tax payers and land owners can handle it from there.

The lake I lived on in NY was ruined by Canadian geese after the cityiot transplants moved in and banned hunting on the lake via rezoning it a residential area.

I'd have made a belt fed 12 gauge and taken whole hordes of those territorial crap everywhere useless birds.
Instead, the lake turned green, their toy breed dogs got attacked, their kids ran around barefoot in their yards stepping in the goose crap getting parasites/infections, board of health DEC and ENCON placed signs to stay out of the water if you had a weak immune system, open cuts/sores/wounds, not to eat the fish from the lake, nor drink the water from the lake.
Same happened with deer.
Ended hunting friday-Sunday to appease the busy body scared of being confused for a deer as they jogged/biked along the side of a road in a neon spandex leotard.
Deer ravaged field corn for dairy farmers, ravaged orchards, and our car insurance went through the roof when the cityiots would smoke Bambi on their way up to their weekend/summer home, they can't drive, they go like a bat out of hell and wonder why they're smacking deer left and right.
That only became a problem when deer suffered wasting disorder and started venturing into their well groomed and lush weekend/summer home yard eating everything that can provide them nourishment.

They created the problems. Then tried to find scapegoats (local farmers) and tried problematic approaches (gathering mountain lions from Vermont to be released to thin the deer population which they didnt. Apex Predator gonna Apex Predator.)
Doubled down on the dumb and I left. I can only imagine what they're doing now there...
Quick call the cops there's a deer in the backyard! It's eating my garden and shrubs that I paid good money for!

Then I wonder how many got mauled by the mountain lions vs mistaken for deer.
I know for a fact there were 0 cases in that County for someone being mistaken for a deer from the time I left going back 40 50 60 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies