Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 07:12 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
According to Flag etiquette, its not appropriate to display the American flag on civilian type clothing.
Tell that to every T-Shirt Shop at every beach, theme park and vacation place in the country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 07:19 AM

48,531 posts, read 34,851,331 times
The poll worker was wrong.

I've worked at polls before, if someone came in with say a shirt with a candidates name on it, we told them to go out and turn the shirt inside out and come back.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-09-2018, 07:26 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,091,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So turn the shirt inside and out and vote and go home.

Snowflake getting all fired up about an over zealous poll worker.
A person should not have to turn a shirt with the American Flag inside out! If someone finds that offensive then they should go back to the country they came from. This worker was out of line and even worse no one else at this polling site stepped in or said a word. He doesn't need retraining he needs to be fired because its obvious he has his own agenda and will not comply with the rules and policies

I'd like to see your reaction to being denied your right to vote because some element of your appearance wasn't acceptable to a poll worker.

Old 11-09-2018, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post

I'd like to see your reaction to being denied your right to vote because some element of your appearance wasn't acceptable to a poll worker.
There ARE rules on what you can wear when you vote, the poll worker was wrong in her interpretation.

If it happened to me, I would get her name, turn my shirt inside out, vote, and report her.

Essentially it is bad customer service, and would be handled as such.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:37 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Dealing with this kind of wannabe SJW political fashion police is exhausting in the first place.

This voting fashion rule is totally stupid and unnecessary in my opinion. Let's say if person A wearing a t shirt with the candidate's name on it, somebody found it "offensive", then this "somebody" shouldn
't be voting in the first place. lol but yeah yeah yeah rules are rules, I get it.

This said, the Army vet did nothing wrong, the t shirt has a very tiny colorless flag logo on the side, and this Hippie threw a hissy fit. What a dork!

Go away already!

Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM

23,976 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VA Yankee View Post
Tell that to every T-Shirt Shop at every beach, theme park and vacation place in the country...
Read the flag code.

Just cause people do it doesn't mean it is right. IIRC, GWB autographed a flag for some service men. Not supposed to do that either.

Love how all these patriotic flag wavers have never bothered to read the flag code. Most VA groups have a copy. Or you can find it on the internet.

It was the first thing my Girl Scouts studied. If they were doing flag ceremonies they needed to know about the flag.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:46 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So turn the shirt inside and out and vote and go home.

Snowflake getting all fired up about an over zealous poll worker.
Nobody needs to listen to the annoying old hippie aka the political fashion police who probably didn't take his meds in the morning.

Old dude needs to chill.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:47 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,610,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
smh. Only in California.....

“I was standing here waiting to vote, and a gentleman…said this flag was an item of protest and symbol of hatred,” Reader said. “I clearly explained it was an American flag, he said it’s not in color, I was not allowed to wear it.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2018...g-place-shirt/
In California, polling places are required to display an American flag while the polls are open, so that people can clearly see where the polling place is.

Old 11-09-2018, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Dealing with this kind of wannabe SJW political fashion police is exhausting in the first place.

This voting fashion rule is totally stupid and unnecessary in my opinion. Let's say if person A wearing a t shirt with the candidate's name on it, somebody found it "offensive", then this "somebody" shouldn
't be voting in the first place. lol but yeah yeah yeah rules are rules, I get it.

This said, the Army vet did nothing wrong, the t shirt has a very tiny colorless flag logo on the side, and this Hippie threw a hissy fit. What a dork!

Go away already!

Well, that's just all wrong. It has nothing to do with someone finding something offensive or fashion.

It has to do with the law on no campaigning within "X" amount of feet from a polling location (I forget how far).

Old 11-09-2018, 08:50 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Totally logical in that specific area, I support the poll-worker's decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies