Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2018, 01:07 PM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
His company claimed to dabble in time travel, has proof that Big Foot exists, and Whitaker was seen in a video pitching a bogus hot tub for disabled people to investors.

In at least one occasion, he threatened an investor who wanted his money back. And evidence shown he was very hands on in running the business, not just a figurehead.

LOL. This guy is the embodiment of a GOP criminal.

But Breaking Bad said it best: when you are a criminal, you don't want just a criminal lawyer, you want a criminal who is a lawyer. Hats off to Trump for finding this guy.

Certainly explains why Trump's been touting him as a GREAT guy! Whom he may or may not know, depending apparently on what kinda mood he's in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2018, 02:11 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
He was their attorney.... Which is a good bit more than "spokeperson".

From personal experience of working with an attorney with a company, they play a pretty influential role in how companys are run...

In this case, he didn't disclose to the company that it's actions are pretty illegal.

Reading:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/dianahe.../#7f0fb62b1afa

And wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Patent_Marketing
And, as it turns out (according to today's Washington Post), he was aware of more complaints against the company than the one complaint he responded to with a threatening email. This guy Wiseacre (or whatever his name is) was up to his eyeballs in the scams this outfit was running. Total sleazebag.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:24 PM

27,074 posts, read 11,841,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Those words come directly from the Federal Findings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.87ea7abacc19

"“It’s really upsetting to know that guy will be attorney general,” said Ryan Masti, 26, who lost $77,000 after paying World Patent Marketing to help him"

"According to the FTC, however, the company falsely promised clients"

Just amazing how everyone surrounding Trump is involved in scams and frauds. Not one. Not two. Everyone. It's a qualification for the job..the Art of the Con.

Sessions was bad enough - a Confederate who still loves Jefferson Davis. But this is really over-the-top.

We are living in a very strange America.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:27 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
These hit pieces all have one thing in common.

They all debunk themselves.

From the article.

There was no evidence that Whitaker knew company salespeople were making false promises to inventors, court receiver Jonathan Perlman said in an interview.

“I have no reason to believe that he knew of any of the wrongdoing,” Perlman said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.480e1137f71b
they were probably too busy hyperventilating, gnashing their teeth, and tearing their hair out to make it that far into the article.

Old 11-15-2018, 02:30 PM

463 posts, read 189,059 times
Quote:

"“It’s really upsetting to know that guy will be attorney general,” said Ryan Masti, 26, who lost $77,000 after paying World Patent Marketing to help him"

Just amazing how everyone surrounding Trump is involved in scams and frauds. Not one. Not two. Everyone. It's a qualification for the job..the Art of the Con.

Sessions was bad enough - a Confederate who still loves Jefferson Davis. But this is really over-the-top.

Can you help me figure out how to relate to my dad, who is a lifelong Democrat who loves Jefferson Davis and the old south? I need some sort of identifier like 'racist white non-racist' or 'guilty male complex' etc. to help dehumanize him and everyone I feel is like him so that I can distance myself emotionally from people I disagree with as a means of perpetuating my self-protective political bubble, lest it burst and my world come crashing down

Thanks

Old 11-15-2018, 05:43 PM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Sounds overqualified for a Trump position.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:51 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
Can you help me figure out how to relate to my dad, who is a lifelong Democrat who loves Jefferson Davis and the old south? I need some sort of identifier like 'racist white non-racist' or 'guilty male complex' etc. to help dehumanize him and everyone I feel is like him so that I can distance myself emotionally from people I disagree with as a means of perpetuating my self-protective political bubble, lest it burst and my world come crashing down

Thanks
I can help.

First close your eyes.

Next try to imagine floating along in darkness when all of a sudden, poof you are imagined into existence by someone attempting and failing to make a lucid point on an internet discussion forum. In a panic your mind races trying to decide If you will continue to exist after the thoughts that brought you to life leave your creators brain. This is answered all too soon however as your conciousness evaporates when something shiny distracts the person who imagined you. Back to nothingness you fade.

You can use this as a starting point.

Old 11-15-2018, 05:54 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:

Bilked people out of money and nothing was delievered? Was it called Obamacare?

Old 12-21-2018, 04:13 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
At first he lied about it. Then the truth came out.

https://twitter.com/walterdellinger/...79491606974465
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies