Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 01:22 PM

68,298 posts, read 54,154,649 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I'm I reading this right?
If it were not true, I'd think someone was insane, if they told me people are protesting Jeff Sessions getting canned and it is not who you would think them to be.
How and when did the Alt-Left, fall in love with Jeff Sessions?

1) At least Sessions attempted to put country over party and himself, a concept foreign to Trump

2) Trump once again showed what a chickens**t he is at heart by not having the cojones to fire Sessions face to face
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 01:25 PM

2,394 posts, read 2,965,534 times
The left does not care for Sessions. The left cares about the Russian investigation. Session and Rosenstein have been the buffer between Trump and the investigation. The left cares about the loss of this buffer, not about Sessions per se.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:31 PM

606 posts, read 352,956 times
It’s very simple. You don’t have to disagree with someone all the time. Conversely, you don’t have to agree all the time either. Nobody is right or wrong 100% of the time. I wish we could move away from the black and white thinking in this country. Sadly, it’s becoming more commonplace.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:21 PM

13,562 posts, read 10,302,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
No Ctrl doesnt do anything.

Alt-Left takes you back to the previous page..
Good one!

Old 11-09-2018, 08:00 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,445,085 times
https://twitter.com/YellowRose1776/s...55835537719298

Even Rod approves.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:07 PM

4,710 posts, read 7,078,901 times
Quote:
If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart
If you are still a liberal past 30, you are stupid
Winston Churchill
He was a conservative. What do you expect him to say? It is a partisan statement, not a philosophical treatise. And by the way, that is an inaccurate quote.

Old 11-13-2018, 12:59 AM

29,184 posts, read 22,231,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
^^^^ The Trumpees would prefer to believe otherwise, but this is the reality of the situation. Sessions is no Prince, but he at least showed some integrity by standing up to Trump over Mueller. Now, Trump will put his puppet in there, and will think he can do whatever he pleases with no repercussions .
"No prince" is an understatement.
Sessions gets no respect from me at all. He only recused himself because he knew he could be an investigative target instantly.

The Attorney General of the United States is our topmost law officer. If Sessions wanted to keep his job, and he obviously did, he had no choice but recusal. Anything else would become a tacit admission of collusion, and he knew it.

Strangely, I think Trump actually did Sessions a favor firing him. Trump replaced him with someone even worse, and that may work in Sessions' favor in the end, just as refusing to interfere with the Mueller investigation did.

Sessions possibly does have other things that will help him too. By the time the Mueller finally submits his findings and the indictments are all sent to their proper courts, Jeff Sessions will be far down on the list, I'm sure. There will be bigger fish to fry.

Old 11-13-2018, 01:10 AM

5,312 posts, read 2,097,364 times
Quote:
If you are not a liberal when you are young, you have no heart
If you are still a liberal past 30, you are stupid
Winston Churchill
"There is no record of anyone hearing Churchill say this."
https://winstonchurchill.org/resourc...ly-attributed/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies