Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 01:36 PM

36,856 posts, read 17,353,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes private companies, not politicians should decide who and what to cover if they are providing the benefit. You are not entitled to anyone else's condoms
Give me condoms or give me death!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 01:40 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Every kid that goes to public schools should be counted.
and everyone who has ever used the internet got welfare too, so you are counted.

You retroit, despite your posting, receive welfare every time you open a browser. pretend it is not true as much as you like. You are getting welfare when you eat corn, beef, soy, wheat. That is the reality. you are a welfare taking american. (note i am simply applying your standard )

Old 11-09-2018, 01:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
Yes private companies, not politicians should decide who and what to cover if they are providing the benefit. You are not entitled to anyone else's condoms
Not all companies are privately held, and do you really not understand how much more of a burden unwanted pregnancies are to society than a freakin' pack of birth control pills? It saves the government money, and therefore YOU money when prescription contraception is a guaranteed benefit of insurance coverage.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:42 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Not welfare. Companies are being given more breadth to deny contraceptive coverage to subscribers of their insurance plans, which is nonsensical. It costs companies a lot of money to subsidize health care for an employee's dependents. I honestly can't figure out what Trump is up to with these changes.
trump has no policies other than doing things he thinks will endear him to his base and will stick it to the nation. He is a traitor and he should be deported or jailed. Trump not even evil, he is like a junk yard dog, so broken so badly made that there is little else he can ever be.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:44 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Give me condoms or give me death!
its all right there in the birth of rights

Old 11-09-2018, 01:46 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Women should agree to have tubal ligation as condition of receiving welfare. If they refuse, they must have a DepoProvera shot every month as a condition of receiving that month's money.
up until i want to say the 40's or 50's they just did it in the hospital without even asking if you were being a perpetual baby momma. not many people know that.

Old 11-09-2018, 01:51 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,421,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Not all companies are privately held, and do you really not understand how much more of a burden unwanted pregnancies are to society than a freakin' pack of birth control pills? It saves the government money, and therefore YOU money when prescription contraception is a guaranteed benefit of insurance coverage.
I support your right to provide condoms and other forms of birth control to your children, employees, neighbors, friends, etc.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,358,417 times
Quote:
I support your right to provide condoms and other forms of birth control to your children, employees, neighbors, friends, etc.
That's exactly what I'm agreeing to do when I subscribe to an employer-subsidized health care plan. My premiums buy birth control pills, kidney transplants, vasectomies, cataract surgeries, vaccinations, general check-ups, etc. for all of the other people subscribed to the plan. I want my friends, neighbors, and coworkers to have access to high-quality health care (and I consider contraception to be an essential part of health care) because when they're sick or have more mouths than they can feed, there's a ripple effect for everyone. I can't figure out why Trump is choosing to go to battle over this. I'm absolutely certain that he understands the implications of unintended pregnancies for his own company's bottom line.

Last edited by randomparent; 11-09-2018 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-09-2018, 02:02 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,915 times
Kill unions so a single working class person can't provide for a family anymore and this is what happens. Anyone that doesn't have a working spouse is up a creek. Then blame it on immigrants.

Old 11-09-2018, 02:41 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,476,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
Not to worry. Soon the state will be raising them on kiddie farms.

In cages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies