Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 05:55 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Both of you are, sadly, very correct. We really have gotten to a very dark place in our country right now. We have always had our political differences, but this is so different. It has pitted friend against friend, and relative against relative.

The Right will deny this, but the truth is, when you have a President who loves to bash other people and revels in his ability to attack them, it is a Cancer, and that Cancer has spread so very quickly in only two years.
The Cancer you blame Mr Trump for started long before his turn in the peoples house.....The violent behavior of the left manifested in the anti war riots of 60's Those old hippies have manipulated factions of the youth of today to do their violent work while they stay home in safety..... I will admit that should New York or San Francisco get nuked I'd probably do a little happy shuffle maybe not a full plow dance but I sure would not cry.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2018, 06:04 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have to laugh when the claim is made that Trump is bashing everyone when for the most part they bashed him first. No one attacks others like the left does.

Ok, OldGlory, but here is the difference. Donald Trump is supposed to be the President of this country, the most powerful man in the world, representing the most powerful country. In that position, he should be above childish impulses, he should demonstrate to the world how strong he is internally, and how he is focused on simply doing his job. He should be a mature adult, not a schoolyard kid, scrapping with others.

He is NOT that way. He is so weak that every little thing sets him off. He is so insecure that he has to respond to every little incident and show he is "smarter than someone else". A REAL President would let the small sh** roll off of his back and move on, Trump can not do that. Obama was attacked constantly, and even his wife was mocked and called the most vile of names, but he held his head up and moved on to more important subjects.

When we say that Donald Trump has the maturity level of a 3rd grader, we are being deadly serious, not just saying that to demean him. He is so weak, that if some insignificant celebrity makes some comment about him, he can not stop himself from fighting back. For Gods Sake, Trump, you are the President of the United States, ACT LIKE ONE !

Old 11-10-2018, 06:15 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
The Cancer you blame Mr Trump for started long before his turn in the peoples house.....The violent behavior of the left manifested in the anti war riots of 60's Those old hippies have manipulated factions of the youth of today to do their violent work while they stay home in safety..... I will admit that should New York or San Francisco get nuked I'd probably do a little happy shuffle maybe not a full plow dance but I sure would not cry.......
Wow. Did you cheer along with Mr. Trump's "thousands of Muslims" in New Jersey when the Towers collapsed, too?

The main thing those "old hippies" were protesting was the Vietnam war, but I suppose you are one of those hold-outs who still insist it was a great idea.

Old 11-10-2018, 07:44 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Wow. Did you cheer along with Mr. Trump's "thousands of Muslims" in New Jersey when the Towers collapsed, too?

The main thing those "old hippies" were protesting was the Vietnam war, but I suppose you are one of those hold-outs who still insist it was a great idea.
MY country ..right or wrong..... my country............

Old 11-10-2018, 09:37 AM

6,835 posts, read 2,397,655 times
Respect is earned by how you treat others. Don't be surprised if a person doesn't respect you if you don't respect them. Heck, even Person A goes out of their way to be a really nice person in both words and actions, Person B still might not respect them. This could might be due to Person A formerly being a very rude person.

Old 11-10-2018, 09:40 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Agree on title of thread. I was out collecting food for a local food drive this morning. The turnout to help was much less for the food drive than it was for a recent party involving the same group of people. Also the amount of food collected wasn't all that great considering the area we covered. I would say that only about 25% of the houses (at best) bothered to put any food out for collection. Sad.

Old 11-10-2018, 03:21 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
To what end though? This sounds suspiciously too much like the "thoughts and prayers" rhetoric.

There's just too many goddamn people on the planet to give a crap about more than a few of them.
Plus the human condition is and will remain intractable.

You could spend 24 hours a day trying to work through all your sympathetic thoughts towards all the different people suffering around the planet and still not touch more than a fraction of the total.

This is the unfortunate reality globalization and overpopulation has created.

And I'd argue that this is also why the human conception of others is never going to be much broader than "community" which is always going to be local (at the largest scale its national) - its what you can experience, or have experienced, right around you, and towards what you feel a commitment or attachment. And I believe this is basically a universal thing.

Thinking about the suffering of people you haven't met and never will is a mostly pointless exercise, and it is likely to be counterproductive to your own emotional well-being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies