Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:19 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,542,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Whitaker went through senate approval. Mueller was appointed without.

OUTSTANDING News conference outside on the way to Paris.
When did Whitaker get Senate approval?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,464,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Mueller doesn't need it. He is not a principal officer as he does not report directly to Trump. Whittaker is a principal officer and he needs senate approval which he does not have yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Whitaker's not ultimately going to be the AG, unless he has Senate approval. I haven't seen reports yet that he has it. Mueller also didn't require Senate approval, as he was an "inferior officer" not a principal officer.

And this is why we think Trump is an idiot as are many of his followers. Whitaker has yet to be approved by the Senate. SMH.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:23 PM

7,169 posts, read 4,737,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Whitaker went through senate approval. Mueller was appointed without.

OUTSTANDING News conference outside on the way to Paris.
You’re comparing apples to oranges.

Also, please stop making stuff up. Whitaker hasn’t been confirmed by senate.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:24 PM

14,888 posts, read 9,998,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If the leftist fanatics stop hating, they will wither away and vanish.

Hatred is all they have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Yeah he's a ****ing "stable genius"...according to him and his tools.
Roboteer, you nailed that one.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump always has good points if people would only stop hating and just listen.
No, he doesn't. He's a lying, know-nothing con man. Always has been, always will be. Some of us have been watching the Trump show for 40 years. There's a reason that the people of his state can't stand him--and I'm not talking about the "elite," I'm talking about the regular guy on the street. They, too, have watched him for decades as he lies, steals from people, and just generally treats people like garbage. Those of you who think that Trump just emerged out of a cloud (or reality TV) have no historical understanding of who this man really is. If you think, for one minute, that Donald Trump cares about you, you are delusional. The only thing Trump cares about is Trump. That's why he spends his time golfing, going on his endless egocentric little "rallies" where the masses mindlessly fall at his feet, and almost no time at all actually governing. He doesn't read, has no education in American history or Constitutional Law--nada. He's just one big slimy ball of salesmanship. It's astounding that people have been taken in by a man that would just as soon spit on them, if he met them in real life outside a political arena, as look at them.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:31 PM

9,254 posts, read 3,563,902 times
Using whataboutism to deflect from the appointment of an Interim Attorney General who requires Senate approval but did not get it to a non-principal Special Counsel who two Federal Courts have already ruled does not require Senate approval is a good way to distract the uninformed.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Sadly, they are too busy being brainwashed by the media. I had some guy scream at me that Trump is dividing this country, and when I told him it's the media controlled by very wealthy elites that is dividing the country, he became so angry at me he almost hit me.
No, actually, we can't stand Trump because we know who he is. And, by the way, the so-called "fake news" media (Trump invents that term and his cultish followers lap it up like it means something) are populated by educated people (and yes, I know how Trump followers hold education in disdain, replacing the word "educated" with "elite"), whereas the lead voices on Fox News are uneducated, bought-off hucksters, doing the bidding of their corporate, right-wing owners (including Trump). I've been around for a long time, and I've never seen a President so divide this nation. This is a guy who encourages his followers to commit violence (stating that he will pay their legal fees, which of course he wouldn't) and sends out profoundly racist ads. This is nothing new for the GOP--they invented "the southern strategy," and they deploy it at every opportunity--not because they believe any of it, but because they know that their low-information, racist base will take the bait--every. single. time. The GOP takes "brainwashing" to a whole new level.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:34 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,579,262 times
How would Whitaker get Senate approval while they are in recess?

Old 11-09-2018, 12:39 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,153,632 times
Don't let facts get in your way.

Old 11-09-2018, 12:46 PM

48,414 posts, read 34,593,681 times
Can you show me where it says Whitaker's current position is Senate confirmed?

A lot of what I have been reading seems to say the opposite.

And I don't think Senate approval is required for a Special Prosecutor.... but could you post that too?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies