Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 08:05 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times

Advertisements

The smell of death is strong and the vultures are circling over the Ginsburg estate. Just stating reality. Conservatives, as a whole, are not wishing ill upon her but recognize and accept the facts that advanced age brings. That said, I will admit I look forward to the pleasure I anticipate from reading that obituary in the not too distant future.

Old 11-11-2018, 08:11 AM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
The smell of death is strong and the vultures are circling over the Ginsburg estate. Just stating reality. Conservatives, as a whole, are not wishing ill upon her but recognize and accept the facts that advanced age brings. That said, I will admit I look forward to the pleasure I anticipate from reading that obituary in the not too distant future.
I will not enjoy it, despite not liking her ideology or manner of treating our 45th POTUS.

I do recognize the high likelihood t least one more SC associate will leave in 2019, and she is the most likely to need to do so.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,501,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
And Kavanaugh showed his true colors being a partisan.
Kavanaugh showed his true colors in his 12 years as a federal judge:

“We concluded that his integrity, judicial temperament, and professional competence met the highest standards for appointment to the court,” said Paul T. Moxley of Salt Lake City, the chair of the ABA Standing Committee on the Federal Judiciary. “Our rating of unanimously well-qualified reflects the consensus of his peers who have knowledge of his professional qualifications.”

Should Ginsburg die, I certainly won't have the tingle up my leg the way so many of you did when Scalia died and you all were at the prospect of a 5th hardcore liberal on the SC.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:44 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,161,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackercruster View Post
Ruthies fate if she doesn't willingly retire will be determined by either God or dementia.......at 85 the odds aren't with her. Libs worst nightmare is coming down the pike......their determining our fate from the big bench looks like it's ending.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:49 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Did you feel the same way when Madonna said she wanted to blow up the White House, or De Niro said he wanted to punch Trump in the nose?
Everyone knows that if Trump were to die tomorrow, there would literally be mobs of people celebrating in the streets. Just remember 911.
The left has long been unapologetic about how they view and treat conservatives, or anyone who disagrees with them. The divide is wider than ever before. I am unapologetic now.
Silly analogies.

Did Madonna blow up the WH? Did DeNiro punch Trump in the nose? No and no.

Have Trump supporters made death threats or been violent? Yes.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:59 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,283,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJoe View Post
Did you feel the same way when Madonna said she wanted to blow up the White House, or De Niro said he wanted to punch Trump in the nose?
Everyone knows that if Trump were to die tomorrow, there would literally be mobs of people celebrating in the streets. Just remember 911.
The left has long been unapologetic about how they view and treat conservatives, or anyone who disagrees with them. The divide is wider than ever before. I am unapologetic now.
It sounds like you could end up on a watch-list. Honestly, it’s people who post things like that who end up mailing pipe bombs.

Yes, I find any kind of rejoicing in death or threats of death repulsive. The punch in the face, though? I’d be fine with that.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:39 AM

7,300 posts, read 3,394,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Silly analogies.

Did Madonna blow up the WH? Did DeNiro punch Trump in the nose? No and no.

Have Trump supporters made death threats or been violent? Yes.

Not silly.Threatening POTUS and a citation of general threats, which you failed to be more specific in regard to, are not remotely equivalent in law or otherwise.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
It sounds like you could end up on a watch-list. Honestly, it’s people who post things like that who end up mailing pipe bombs.

Yes, I find any kind of rejoicing in death or threats of death repulsive. The punch in the face, though? I’d be fine with that.
You do know that "punch in the face" is equally a threat, correct? Or maybe you don't. It is. You endorsed it.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:47 AM

Ginsburg jumped the shark entirely when she became political during the 2016 election season.

As a result, she's currently more of a judicial liability than asset for the dems and this nation as a whole. She tainted her career: rulings past and future. Dems may not want her to go, but that desire is selfish as her presence on SCOTUS only impedes their ability to hand down less assailable rulings.

That creates an enormous de facto backlog in our system. Cases that are tried are more likely to come around again, and important cases are more likely to be deferred while she is there. The judicial ramifications of her recent partisanship is not lost on her fellow judges nor the wider legal community.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:48 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times
If you think the Kavanaugh fiasco was horrid, you ain't seen nothing yet compared to what the left will do when Ginsburg passes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies