Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 10:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
This is what happened. That black man is from an Era of the 1960s. An era where one will beat that ***** if someone steps out of bounds. That Hispanic teen does not know rules of conduct due to the fact that teen is from a single parent home, and probably lives in an area with dysfunction. The child teen should be suspended, and the teacher should be fired for harming a minor.
A very good guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2018, 01:40 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
To be quite honest, I couldn't really make out who said what from that video. My main impression was of two people behaving badly. Is there a news story that lends some context to the situation?

Old 11-11-2018, 01:53 AM

30,372 posts, read 19,170,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
To be quite honest, I couldn't really make out who said what from that video. My main impression was of two people behaving badly. Is there a news story that lends some context to the situation?
No matter what was said, teachers don't have the right to pummel their students...yes, I know it's tempting to put the little twerps in their place but it's illegal and the teacher should be prosecuted regardless of what was said. If you can't handle kids without getting physically abusive, find another job.

Old 11-11-2018, 04:04 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Can you explain how that video has anything to do with him Identity Politics???
Identity politics has driven this nation into tribalism with each group growing further and further apart and has gone from inclusiveness to divisiveness. Neither the boy nor the teacher was probably thinking about politics at all, but that sort of thought put forth by liberals has created this toxic environment we are seeing and these sort of increasing incidences are the result.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:17 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Totally unacceptable but there is outpouring of support. $135k worth Oh but he said ‘the n word’, and that excuses everything right
Sticks and stones was never heard in the hood? Perhaps sesame street could start teaching it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P1CImE...me_continue=71

"Oh but he said ‘the n word’, and that excuses everything right"

"NEVER let your MOUTH make a bet your arse CAN'T back up", as they say!

Old 11-11-2018, 08:47 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,589,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
No matter what was said, teachers don't have the right to pummel their students...yes, I know it's tempting to put the little twerps in their place but it's illegal and the teacher should be prosecuted regardless of what was said. If you can't handle kids without getting physically abusive, find another job.
Oh, I agree. If it sounded like I meant to defend the teacher, I absolutely did not.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:02 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,168,634 times
I don’t think this had anything to do with name calling. Apparently this teacher was jumped last year by some students, beat him down. I imagine he has some PTSD related to that incident and snapped. I’m quite tired of these disrespectful students and their parents. This goes for ALL COLORS. I live in an affluent predominantly white suburb, and those helicopter moms are just as bad enablers if bad behavior as some poor socio economic moms. I’m over all of them and their disrespectful kids.

Old 11-11-2018, 12:26 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
I don’t think this had anything to do with name calling. Apparently this teacher was jumped last year by some students, beat him down. I imagine he has some PTSD related to that incident and snapped. I’m quite tired of these disrespectful students and their parents. This goes for ALL COLORS. I live in an affluent predominantly white suburb, and those helicopter moms are just as bad enablers if bad behavior as some poor socio economic moms. I’m over all of them and their disrespectful kids.
I agree. Nonetheless, this teacher life is over.

Old 11-11-2018, 01:01 PM

2,448 posts, read 893,900 times
Most people can't even imagine the sort of environment we have in schools like the one in this video. They are more akin to day housing facilities, where we try to keep the inmates confined for seven hours a day. There isn't any academic learning going on.

Boys without fathers overwhelmingly grow up to be angry young men. I teach in a public school and a majority of the chronic miscreants come from such a home situation. Absent father, angry mother who visits her bitterness on her son, usually a parade of loser boyfriends, you get the picture. It's a broken record. No community or group in the world can survive with 3 out of 4 kids being born into single-parent homes. That number will be 90% before I die and that is quite possibly the most unbelievable statistic on the planet. It also explains why blacks trail all other groups in most every metric. It's not "systemic racism," it's not the vestiges of slavery, because the family unit was actually much more intact a century ago. You can't have a community where illegitimacy has been normalized to this degree and be anything but a permanent underclass. And there ain't a government program nor charity nor enterprise zone in the world that can fix that. The fixes are not political nor economic.

Old 11-11-2018, 01:13 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Here’s a local news report. The music teacher was arrested.

https://ktla.com/2018/11/02/high-sch...ffs-officials/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies