Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 02:37 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Clearly this was a nothingburger of an issue other than a Leftist source (sfgate) looking for anything to get a rise out of the Leftist crowd, e.g. all the Leftist here pouncing on a chance to jump on Trump. This is France, not U.S.

There is probably a good reason the ceremony was either cancelled or postponed and you can bet the liberal source conveniently leaves that part out. It probably wasn't even Trump's call.

Also, this is about WW1, I doubt any of you Leftists were cared about it until now.

My goodness. Your fingers should be burning typing "Leftist" that many times. Do you have some synonyms for the phrase? Can you type someone else? Or is a limited vocabulary slowing you down?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:39 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times
Quote:
Clearly this was a nothingburger of an issue other than a Leftist source (sfgate) looking for anything to get a rise out of the Leftist crowd, e.g. all the Leftist here pouncing on a chance to jump on Trump.

There is probably a good reason the ceremony was either cancelled or postponed and you can bet the liberal source conveniently leaves that part out. It probably wasn't even Trump's call. This is France's ceremony, not the U.S.'s.

Also, this is about WW1, I doubt any of you Leftists were cared about it until now.
The reason is noted in the OP.

Also at the link below.
Spoilers: it was the rain.

Probably afraid he’d melt or something.
Meanwhile, the adults carried on.

“Despite the light rain, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel held a moving ceremony in Compiègne, northeast of Paris, to mark the 100th anniversary of the signing of the First World War armistice.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau attended his own ceremony to pay tribute to Canadian troops killed at Vimy Ridge, on the battlefields of northeastern France.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...rain-1.4900797

Old 11-10-2018, 02:40 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
My goodness. Your fingers should be burning typing "Leftist" that many times. Do you have some synonyms for the phrase? Can you type someone else? Or is a limited vocabulary slowing you down?
Why are you so touchy about being called a Leftist? If that is what you are, then that will be what you will be called.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:40 PM

8,840 posts, read 4,803,834 times
Wasn't too rainy for Macron or Merkel. But snowflakes melt in the rain.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:47 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
The reason is noted in the OP.

Also at the link below.
Spoilers: it was the rain.

Probably afraid he’d melt or something.
Meanwhile, the adults carried on.

“Despite the light rain, French President Emmanuel Macron and German Chancellor Angela Merkel held a moving ceremony in Compiègne, northeast of Paris, to mark the 100th anniversary of the signing of the First World War armistice.

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau attended his own ceremony to pay tribute to Canadian troops killed at Vimy Ridge, on the battlefields of northeastern France.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-...rain-1.4900797
I watched news about the ceremony and saw the newsfeed on the screen stating that Trump couldn't attend because of the weather. Trudeau was wearing his suit as were many veterans, some people wore coats. It wasn't windy or raining. Trump's decision to skip the ceremony cannot be related to the weather. Why was he afraid to attend such an important event?

I wonder what kind of fake news he's going to spin about the weather when he's back home - tornados, hurricanes, mudslides, tidal waves?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:48 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,286,041 times
Quote:
Clearly this was a nothingburger of an issue other than a Leftist source (sfgate) looking for anything to get a rise out of the Leftist crowd, e.g. all the Leftist here pouncing on a chance to jump on Trump.

There is probably a good reason the ceremony was either cancelled or postponed and you can bet the liberal source conveniently leaves that part out. It probably wasn't even Trump's call. This is France's ceremony, not the U.S.'s.

Also, this is about WWI, I doubt any of you Leftists even cared about it until now.
So, you decide to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks, huh?

Interesting approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Cloudy with a chance of cowardice.
One million reps for you.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:52 PM

11,794 posts, read 12,028,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post
Notice the lack of posts in this thread....

When it's true and there's no excuse the 45 supporters don't have anything to say.

Interesting. Facts are facts. When it's ridiculous and needing deflection, they come out in 150+ post count droves on a thread.

Facts are facts. Look at this puny thread. Sad.
Yep, nothing to see here, move along. The President is disrespecting the honour and memory of the fallen on such a momentous occasion as the 100th anniversary of the end of World War I, but hey, Jim Acosta wouldn't give up the mic. Let's talk about that some more, shall we?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:53 PM

12,202 posts, read 7,221,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
So, you decide to throw everything at the wall to see what sticks, huh?

Interesting approach.
Saying that there's probably a good explanation for it other than the Leftist version, is not throwing anything at the wall. Although, I must say that throwing every kind of hate towards Trump these past few years against the wall to see if it sticks is something the Left has perfected to an artform.

Old 11-10-2018, 02:53 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,953,107 times
Is Trump simply sulking because of the recent election results?

Old 11-10-2018, 02:54 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
Yeah. This is pretty despicable. Trump should be ashamed.

I suspect he didn’t want his ridiculous hair to get wet and photographed. I wish I was kidding.

Dollars to donuts, ashamed is an emotion Trump has never experienced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies