Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2018, 05:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
Is there another story being reported that contradicts?
So you're saying that the Secret Service determines what meetings the President attends? If they don't think he should drive across France (not Afghanistan or Iraq, France) then, sorry Mr. President, just not safe enough for you to drive 50 miles thru France…...

Old 11-11-2018, 06:03 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So his flight was cancelled due to weather? That seems, normal. Why the outrage?
Were any other similar flights in the area also cancelled due to weather?

Old 11-11-2018, 06:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Did you see the smile on his face when he saw Putin?
Like a long lost love or something.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:05 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Thank You, President Obama, for always honoring our troops, no matter the weather.

On the 100th Anniversary of Veterans Day, the current guy in the White House could not be bothered to honor the sacrifice of those who gave all.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:09 PM

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Thank You, President Obama, for always honoring our troops, no matter the weather.

On the 100th Anniversary of Veterans Day, the current guy in the White House could not be bothered to honor the sacrifice of those who gave all.
obama doesn't care any more than you do. It's obvious you don't care, using them like you just did to beat on Trump

Old 11-11-2018, 06:10 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,341,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Now you're trying to say that cnn is lying and a Trump supporter? LOL, not even in your dreams
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/06/e...ntl/index.html

The SS probably looks at it as a plot against one leader could be a plot against other leaders..take it up with them.
Since we are all speculating, I'll throw in my observation that Macron wasn't set to be anywhere near Trump out at the Cemetery on Saturday. Plus, this group was rounded up last Tuesday.

Then, too, this was a far-right plot and why in the world would the far right who support nationalism target Donald Trump who is also a self-pronounced nationalist?

Another tidbit is that Macron had been targeted July 14, 2017 during a parade on the Champs-Élysées in Paris, where US President Donald Trump had been a guest of honor. None of that prevented Trump from appearing with Macron at today's ceremony.

So what would be so special about the American Cemetery? My bet still is that Trump was in a bad mood and with the helicopter unavailable didn't want any change in plans (and the now longer trip out and back).

So I think Kelly's statement is exactly right:
"The President and First Lady’s trip to Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial has been canceled due to scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather,” the White House announced.

The helicopter was grounded and the longer motorcade trip caused scheduling and logistical difficulties for Trump. He wanted the full scheduled 4 hours back at the American Embassy before he had to head out for the 8:20 pm dinner.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:12 PM

1,071 posts, read 1,288,385 times
Presidential Aide (to a pouting, morose Trump): Sir, your plane is set to depart at...

Trump: Not going.

Aide: Excuse me, sir?

Trump: Don't wanna go.

Aide: Uh...….

Trump: Not gonna go.

Aide: What shall I tell them?

Trump: Don't care. Never had to do stuff I didn't wanna do when I was at Trump Tower. Getting tired of people not doing what I want them to do and making me do stuff I don't wanna do. It stinks!

Aide relays the conversation to John Kelly.

Kelly: OK. I felt a sprinkle. We're going with the weather. It's number 32 on the list. Get that to the Secret Service, pronto.

Aide: Yes, sir!

3,321 posts, read 1,100,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
Now you're trying to say that cnn is lying and a Trump supporter? LOL, not even in your dreams
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/06/e...ntl/index.html

The SS probably looks at it as a plot against one leader could be a plot against other leaders..take it up with them.
No; that’s wholly your assertion.

I’m saying posters in this thread are making excuses for Trump, as usual.

23,589 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Since we are all speculating, I'll throw in my observation that Macron wasn't set to be anywhere near Trump out at the Cemetery on Saturday. Plus, this group was rounded up last Tuesday.

Then, too, this was a far-right plot and why in the world would the far right who support nationalism target Donald Trump who is also a self-pronounced nationalist?

Another tidbit is that Macron had been targeted July 14, 2017 during a parade on the Champs-Élysées in Paris, where US President Donald Trump had been a guest of honor. None of that prevented Trump from appearing with Macron at today's ceremony.

So what would be so special about the American Cemetery? My bet still is that Trump was in a bad mood and with the helicopter unavailable didn't want any change in plans (and the longer timing).

So I think Kelly's statement is exactly right:
"The President and First Lady’s trip to Aisne-Marne American Cemetery and Memorial has been canceled due to scheduling and logistical difficulties caused by the weather,” the White House announced.

The helicopter was grounded and the longer motorcade trip caused scheduling and logistical difficulties for Trump. He wanted the full scheduled 4 hours back at the American Embassy before he had to head out for the 8:20 pm dinner.
idk, why don't you post what those they had arrested had said when they spilled the beans so that we can figure it out.

Old 11-11-2018, 06:14 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Presidential Aide (to a pouting, morose Trump): Sir, your plane is set to depart at...

Trump: Not going.

Aide: Excuse me, sir?

Trump: Don't wanna go.

Aide: Uh...….

Trump: Not gonna go.

Aide: What shall I tell them?

Trump: Don't care. Never had to do stuff I didn't wanna do when I was at Trump Tower. Getting tired of people not doing what I want them to do and making me do stuff I don't wanna do. It stinks!

Aide relays the conversation to John Kelly.

Kelly: OK. I felt a sprinkle. We're going with the weather. It's number 32 on the list. Get that to the Secret Service, pronto.

Aide: Yes, sir!
Nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies