Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2018, 09:10 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo302 View Post
So his flight was cancelled due to weather? That seems, normal. Why the outrage?
Marine One is one of the most advanced all weather choppers in the world. All weather means a little drizzle doesn't even come into the equation of it flying.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:11 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,593,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Don't be daft, no President just jumps in a car and drives any-damned-where he pleases.

It would take an army of Secret Service agents just to secure this 100-120 mile round-trip route.

As the SS agent in charge of routing for Obama advised, there are at least three flight paths and numerous road paths planned for every single time.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:24 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
As the SS agent in charge of routing for Obama advised, there are at least three flight paths and numerous road paths planned for every single time.

This. Given that random and unexpected things *can* happen, backup plans are a necessity. There could be a nasty accident a few hours before the POTUS is supposed to be on that road, so a reroute is needed. A wildfire could break out. A sudden blizzard. A herd of elk suddenly block the road (don't laugh, that recently happened here in a Colorado town.) To stick to the story of "They couldn't find another way to get him there in a light drizzle" is plain foolishness.

Old 11-11-2018, 09:25 PM

4,030 posts, read 2,714,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollyblythe View Post
Presidential Aide (to a pouting, morose Trump): Sir, your plane is set to depart at...

Trump: Not going.

Aide: Excuse me, sir?

Trump: Don't wanna go.

Aide: Uh...….

Trump: Not gonna go.

Aide: What shall I tell them?

Trump: Don't care. Never had to do stuff I didn't wanna do when I was at Trump Tower. Getting tired of people not doing what I want them to do and making me do stuff I don't wanna do. It stinks!

Aide relays the conversation to John Kelly.

Kelly: OK. I felt a sprinkle. We're going with the weather. It's number 32 on the list. Get that to the Secret Service, pronto.

Aide: Yes, sir!

I swear, it's like you were in the room or something, because that sounds *exactly* like how it likely went.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:06 PM

7,540 posts, read 11,573,598 times
IMHO the real reason Trump canceled was because he was not going to be the center of attention He likes to do these things he could not get away with it so he hid like a cry baby

Old 11-11-2018, 10:19 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
There was an assassination plot to kill Macron, in front of Trump, at the WW1 memorial. Let that sink in for a motherloving second!

Perhaps...just perhaps, instead of laziness, hatred of our military, disrespect towards our allies, etc. perhaps...Trump bowed out due to the assassination attempt/security risk, and instead of embarrassing Macron by publicizing yet another assassination plot on Macron (there have been several), he decided to just say it was "the rain"? Makes a lot more sense intellectually, doesn't it?

Far-right terrorist admits plot to stab French President Emmanuel Macron during World War One memorial ceremony

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-War-One.html

Old 11-11-2018, 10:37 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,337,436 times
Funny how everyone is getting all worked up in here, Lmao

Old 11-11-2018, 11:09 PM

24,627 posts, read 9,449,501 times
I don’t understand liberals, if Trump is so horrible then why is any of this newsworthy?

Doesn’t the left expert this?

Old 11-11-2018, 11:24 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,364,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
There was an assassination plot to kill Macron, in front of Trump, at the WW1 memorial. Let that sink in for a motherloving second!

Perhaps...just perhaps, instead of laziness, hatred of our military, disrespect towards our allies, etc. perhaps...Trump bowed out due to the assassination attempt/security risk, and instead of embarrassing Macron by publicizing yet another assassination plot on Macron (there have been several), he decided to just say it was "the rain"? Makes a lot more sense intellectually, doesn't it?

Far-right terrorist admits plot to stab French President Emmanuel Macron during World War One memorial ceremony

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...d-War-One.html
Which one? There have been numerous memorial services all week long, and Trump's canceled visit to Aisne-Marne Cemetery to honor the United States military members, mostly Marines, laid to rest there did not include any world leaders other than Trump. As far as I can discover, Trump managed to attend all of the other public commemorations where he was expected and President Macron was present, so why cancel Aisne-Marne unless Trump just did not want to go, or more ominously, the threat was actually against him? Either way, we'll likely never know the truth.

Old 11-12-2018, 12:28 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Scott Adams is always the voice of reason for most things and has a unique perspective. His take on what might have happened to Trump is initially very funny (Melania) but then he mentions other possibilities for the no show at that one event that are more likely.

Start watching about 50:00 in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjwwieJeYf4
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies