Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 04:25 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Which California has an abundant source of, just needs to be desalinated and pumped in areas of risk/demand.
They can sell the salt to NY CT MA to keep the cars rotting and snow off the roads.

So do we. Hence why we carry and aren't solely reliant upon good guys with a gun and badge.

Yeah if you're a naive lemming... believing the world is all rainbows unicorns and puppy dogs.

Starting to see the fatal flaw in condemning self defense and the right to keep and bear arms?

Carry everywhere. Only you are responsible for your safety, security, and well being at all times. Nothing wrong with self defense, defense of loved ones, defense of one's community, or defense of property.
Remember. Seconds matter. Police are minutes away no fault of theirs due to congested roads, traffic, and patrol routes.
Warren v D.C. Supreme court ruled, Police do not have a duty to protect.

Yeah, really paid for the media to speak of what that little scumbag did in parkland. He set off smoke too. Thank them for publishing the weapons and tactics to serve as study guides.
Nobody thinks the media be like they are, but they do...
Inadvertent study guides to see where one failed or succeeded and build upon to achieve some sort of sick score to help inspire copycat scumbags...

Which is exactly why everyone should acknowledge they have a right to Life liberty and pursuit of happiness, and not demonize the methods and tools others choose for defending life liberty and pursuits of happiness.

What? Gun ownership is exclusive to middle aged white guys? You'd be surprised how many women, and people who aren't white carry.

Odd thing is, when I say it, I get shouted down from the left, as some Rambo or paranoid or mass murderer in waiting... I'll just continue to laugh that off as its nothing but hyperbolic rhetoric trying to further an agenda built upon emotional tripe.
You appear to be thinking of NY forests. That is not here. This is vast reaches of grasslands, scrawny trees and bushes. There are conventional forests but not generally the problem. If you clear the under brush there is nothing left and it all slides down the hill when the rains come.

And the key to much of it is that it needs to burn periodically.

There is no salt yielded by a desalinization plant. The brackish waste product goes back into the sea. Also a very expensive source of water. Roughly a couple of times more expensive than retail water costs and 10 times that of CA agricultural water.

You can see how effective concealed carry is at the Oct 1 affair or the Pulse night club, or how well the good Sargent did in Thousand Oaks. You might be alright with an AR15 class weapon but that is going to take some doing to conceal.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:28 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Vagrants and pyromaniacs start those fires if there are no thunderstorms where lightning would do it.
Don't be daft. The fire that ate Santa Rosa was started downed PG&E lines, 60mph and very dry conditions.

All you have do is google to find the reasons for the fires. Wasn't the Carr fire started by sparks from a car or something?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-10-2018, 04:36 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,361,490 times
Wow!
That's some very strange thinking in the OP!

What makes you think a wildfire has politics, Chance and Change? Fires wipe out right wing ideologues as quickly as left wing ideologues.

Here's a piece of news for you: Fires aren't political. Given a dry sunny day with a steady 40 mph wind, a fire can start from spontaneous combustion. That means all by itself if those words are too big for you. It happens to haystacks all the time, everywhere in the world. But spontaneous combustion is not limited to haystacks. Any plant matter can do it.

You might as well say a volcano's eruption, an earthquake, a hurricane, or a flood are all conspiracies. Why stop at wildfires?

Old 11-10-2018, 04:50 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,248,616 times
less and less rains over the last 20 years should tell ya something.

Old 11-10-2018, 04:59 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
I did not say anything about being against weapons for protection. I have weapons for protection as well as permit. I am not an advocate of or for assault weapons or assault styled weapons. Although I have friends who have them, they don't have hoards, of such.

I personally don't see why I need an Assault Weapon.
Because full autos are fun.

Quote:
If I'm in personal danger and my family, a shot gun and pistol should provide means of protection. I don't think I'd put myself in a situation where a long drawn out gun fight would exist, certainly not any place that the police can't arrive shortly after a few shots had been fired to assist me.
Bad guys don't stay stationary.

Quote:
I would not be surprised who carry guns... when I moved here, and went to a gun show, it was eye opening to see who was buying guns, as well as when I went to gun training who was there to train with their gun.
Americans can buy guns. Imagine that. Or are you implying some form of ignorant statement?

Quote:
I don't care to see any man or woman walking around with a Assault Style Weapon Slung over their shoulder...
ARs are not assault weapons.

Quote:
Why would anyone be that generally paranoid and fearful in general public to need to carry such a weapon every place.
I'd ask the same of you, being paranoid to believe conservatives are out committing mass arson...
2nd Amendment says you can. Yet states have laws that say you cant...

Quote:
A handgun generally Permitted as to allowed it to be concealed should be enough personal protection in general public.
Well. FBI found out in Miami in the 80s just how effective a handgun and shotgun are...

Quote:
Personally, I would not hang out or frequent any place where civilian people felt they needed to carry Assault Style Weapons Slung over their shoulder.
Bill of rights. Not bill of needs.

Your loss.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times
Lots of Californians have been building their homes to include a fantastic view of the mountains. Consequently, they end up in the paths of out of control fires.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:17 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Because full autos are fun.

Bad guys don't stay stationary.

Americans can buy guns. Imagine that. Or are you implying some form of ignorant statement?

ARs are not assault weapons.

I'd ask the same of you, being paranoid to believe conservatives are out committing mass arson...
2nd Amendment says you can. Yet states have laws that say you cant...

Well. FBI found out in Miami in the 80s just how effective a handgun and shotgun are...

Bill of rights. Not bill of needs.

Your loss.
Rights: (definition) "a moral or legal entitlement to have or obtain something or to act in a certain way."

Second Amendment might say people can be armed, but society has found out that people can't consider any kind of arms they can imagine. Over time there will become to be more defining of what "armed means".... Even western towns more than a century ago, found out it was not a good idea for everyone to be walking around with a gun on their hip and the 2 Amendment existed then too.

I said what (( I )) PERSONALLY did not care for xxxxx .... I think gun manufactures should have better control of what they produce and sellers should have better control over their inventory and who they sell to.

Old 11-10-2018, 05:23 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,843,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Lots of Californians have been building their homes to include a fantastic view of the mountains. Consequently, they end up in the paths of out of control fires.
Weird.

My sister lived in the middle of town, and one fire burned it to the ground with thousands of others in the immediate area.

Oh yeah, no mountains near there.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-10-2018, 05:25 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Never been a study on the political affiliation of the fire bugs across California.
Could be done I suppose.

Any one going to wager?

Old 11-10-2018, 05:40 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
It's Bush's fault.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies