Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2018, 06:23 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,722,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
If some actually listened to what our President says, most of the time he is right and is voicing what many Americans feel.
Snowflakes are entitled to their own opinions though.
Many Americans feel that Finns rake the forests? LMAO Okay then. Let's face it; "many Americans" don't even know where Finland is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2018, 06:26 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
How do people even make sense of most of what he says, let alone realize that he's right?

Trump flew to France to give a ten minute talk at a cemetery that according to the Irish Times was incomprehensible.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:26 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,218,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joee5 View Post
If some actually listened to what our President says, most of the time he is right and is voicing what many Americans feel.
Snowflakes are entitled to their own opinions though.
How do you know he's right when most of the time he spews incoherent gibberish, aka word salad?

Here's a prime example. Read this and then tell me, is he right or wrong about "nuclear"?

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” Donald J. Trump, July 19, 2016

Old 11-19-2018, 06:34 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
How do people even make sense of most of what he says, let alone realize that he's right?

Trump flew to France to give a ten minute talk at a cemetery that according to the Irish Times was incomprehensible.

Especially considering that the NO-IQ-MORON can't even speak in complete sentences!

Old 11-19-2018, 06:42 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
The more he lies the more they want to have his baby. The president of Finland didn`t tell him that they rake the forest floors.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.7e16fcb08bf8

Old 11-19-2018, 06:45 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Needs don't always match nature.

Sure, lots of undergrowth needs to be cleared. But in a 15-year drought, cleaning all the undergrowth can't be burned without creating an immense fire danger. So where does all that flammable junk go? If you pile it up, it becomes a fire bomb. You can't bury it all, and if you chip it all into shavings, it only creates more fire bombs.

Especially in a state like California, where there's snow on top of the mountains while it's 80º in the deserts below.

It's damned easy to say, damned hard to do. The Yellowstone fire proved allowing nature to take its course is courting disaster. Without fire, the undergrowth simply can't ever be cleared away until the climate allows it to happen safely to thousands of people.

The geological records of the west show that droughts have lasted in the southwest for well over 100 years. Every drought has periods where there are a few rainy years, but those years are never predictable as to when they will come, and removing undergrowth demands a lot of preparation in advance always.

The fact is nature is still more powerful than we are. The Earth is warming. Fire is going to become an increasing threat everywhere, but especially in the always-dry west.

Instead of trying to use blanket solutions, it would be far better for we humans to adjust our thinking than to continue to hope for a failing idea to finally work by some miracle.

Wildfire in the west is like tornadoes in our midwest. We can't fight tornadoes from happening any more than we can fight wildfires.
But what we can do is create safety shelters to keep people alive in a wildfire, we can build structures that are more resistant to fire, and we can create much better ways of escaping a wildfire. Just as we have already done in tornado alley.
Thank you for showing an understanding of local geography and ecology. California is not Finland in any way. While many parts of California are in much drier regions, Finland is very cold and gets far more precipitation. Finland is comparable to Wisconsin and Minnesota. Butte County, California is comparable to parts of central and southern Spain (the inland parts). While Butte County gets more rainfall than other parts of California, a lion's share of it is in winter. And considering the drought, this means even less rainfall than usual. Mediterranean rainfall patterns lower than average rainfall, plus hot, dry winds = high wildfire risk.

And you can't just "rake" the forests. Not practical on a logistic scale. And with other stuff you mention, you can't fight mother nature. You can only be prepared to a certain extent. You never know what will happen.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:46 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
The more he lies the more they want to have his baby. The president of Finland didn`t tell him that they rake the forest floors.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.7e16fcb08bf8
And this shows how wrong President Trump is. It shows that President Trump will lie.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:48 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I need to point out that the fire started and raged on Federal lands, not state lands.
That area is controlled by a lot of different interests. The Poe dam is a PG&E hydro-electric project, and Camp Road, after which the fire is named, is an easement. Pulga, the nearest town, was a historic and tiny unincorporated community in Plumas National Forest. It was also a rustic resort known for its isolated setting and lack of cell phone coverage.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:51 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
Once again President Trump makes his point while proving what idiots leftists are.

Old 11-19-2018, 06:51 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellise View Post
How do you know he's right when most of the time he spews incoherent gibberish, aka word salad?

Here's a prime example. Read this and then tell me, is he right or wrong about "nuclear"?

“Look, having nuclear — my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart — you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world — it’s true! — but when you’re a conservative Republican they try — oh, do they do a number — that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune — you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged — but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me — it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are — nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right, who would have thought? — but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners — now it used to be three, now it’s four — but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years — but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.” Donald J. Trump, July 19, 2016
AS a Trump voter, yeah, that is disturbing.

And if Hillary had any common sense she would have read this paragraph word for word in one of the debates. That might have actually made a difference with people like me. I never would have voted Hillary, but it might have been enough to keep me home on election day. Maybe.

But Hillary probably never even considered it, she was too busy planning her post election party.

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies