Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2018, 03:55 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgss View Post
And that is your answer?

In kind: I feel sorry for you and those who agree with you.

I'm glad that GOD/Jesus is really all I need and don't firsthand listen to MSM babble that others get their orders and brain reboot from.

Hillary would have had a different swift outcome if she lived in ancient Roman times.
No, Truth is: She has is contending with a society who detest the fact she challenged the longtime entrenched old white male dominance establishment !!!! she did it in the 1990's and she is still challenging them in 2018.

Old 11-12-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
I don't know of anyone on this forum that said he/she could "make it" without the government at all, besides a few that claim to be anarchists. The question is not whether we can live without the government, but how much government SHOULD we have inflicted upon us. My opinion is about the same as the anti-federalists around the time of the revolution. I feel that the federal government should be responsible for national defense and perhaps a couple other things, and the STATE governments should decide everything else based on the needs and wants of their respective populations.

And of course, you do not believe that. Thus we have a difference of opinion. In turn, we argue the matter here. And I guess that's what this forum is for, no?

So please stop with the red herrings. Nobody is calling for NO government. Only a shift in the power structure one way or the other, depending on your philosophy--tyranny or freedom.
Maybe again you might want to figure out what "A Government BY The People, FOR The People" and "all" that truly encompasses... Because its evident you don't grasp the expanse of that. If you did you'd know why congress has creating programs and systems for 100's of years...

The ONLY difference is, NOW, the system and programs congress created and Creates are not just for "white people" !!!!

It's simple to see through the spin to expose the truth....

Old 11-12-2018, 04:11 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
All these right wing grand-stander with some delusion they are are so independent of the government, is the biggest joke ever... it only demonstrate their overall ignorance of and about America.

If they think they can make it without a government like we have... then by all means, "why don't they get on a plane and go to Haiti, or for that matter, Go to Mexico or any country that does not have a government that invest in society in all ways, as does the American Government.

This is the result of America allowing all these SERF and People from Authoritarian Regimes Decades Ago... If we'd had better screening, their generational offspring's would not be here continually wanting to mess up something, so they can be controlled by their Authoritarian SERF Masters.

The simply do not know how to Live in a Government by the People, For The People.... they don't understand the scope of it.
Legitimate question.

Why are you so in love with being governed? This affection for government...
What's the purpose for the infatuation?

Old 11-12-2018, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
He didn't do that when he was teamed with BO for 8 years. Why should we believe he will do so now?
I would not expect you to acknowledge the work the Obama Administration achieved... if you don't know by now, that's on you, because the facts are documented.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Legitimate question.

Why are you so in love with being governed? This affection for government...
What's the purpose for the infatuation?
If you don't like American Governance, I'm sure its perfectly fine if you choose to move. I certainly would not object if you made such a choice.

I would not care to live in an Ungoverned place. Nor would I care to live in a place that had weak regulatory governance, because a Democracy can't exist without governance, and Democracy based governance cannot function for ALL the society in a unregulated system. Everybody can't just do what they want, any time they want, any way they want.... that's the beauty of living in a Regulatory Governed Civilized Society.

We certainly are not going to have any of the dictatorial system that was done by whites against blacks, under the banner of slavery and segregation. We are not going to have a system that is just for right wing confederate minded people and what they want.... and Right wing white people only won't get to pick and choose what applies and what does not apply. We will not become a remake of the Confederacy!!!!

Its as absurd as people living in a city who can't and pursue to try to not respect city ordinances.... It's no longer the 1800's Nope one can't have pigs and chickens running around their yard.... and yes, streets have stop lights and stop signs and there are speed limits.... Nope, one can bake cookies in their home and mass market them without a permit and a health inspection and a certificate of occupancy to do business... Yep... thanks to "government" those things exist within regulatory governance. Nope, one can't go hunting just because they see a mass of trees in a field, again, thanks to government..... One can't just open a business and sell anything, thanks again to "regulatory governance".....

Those who choose to revert to barbarism, won't be happy in America... and those who think in terms of savagery conduct, won't be happy in America.....

America will gladly allow such types to board a plane, a boat or any other means to leave...

If you choose to stay, "get ready for more regulatory governance, because as tech advances and information expands, there will be more regulatory governing to take place. So... if anyone don't like the governance as it exist today, they probably should consider leaving as soon as possible, because more regulatory governance is coming.

Last edited by Chance and Change; 11-12-2018 at 05:06 PM..

Old 11-12-2018, 04:57 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
LOL

The Economy is booming.
Unemployment at zero
Wages are rising
Jobs are coming back to the US
Stock market is doing well.
Taxes were lowered.
US growth at 3-4+%

Yes, let's get Biden to do a Obama fix and screw all that up.

Old 11-12-2018, 04:59 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
No, Truth is: She has is contending with a society who detest the fact she challenged the longtime entrenched old white male dominance establishment !!!! she did it in the 1990's and she is still challenging them in 2018.

She lost despite being female. No matter how deeply you believe something it will not make it a fact.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:56 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
[/b] Oh, man, wouldn't that be great?? Just think: no Russia in the Oval Office, no love affairs with Putin and Kim, no skipping out on yesterday's cemetery visit, no endless golf games at Mar-a-Lago, no rallies, no Jarrod, no Junior, no Ivanka, no Eric, no Stormy et al, no red ties, no cotton candy combovers, no kids in cages...

Imagine...it's easy, if you try...

What's the alternative? An Oval Office full of defibrillators and vodka to keep the old hag alive?

Old 11-12-2018, 06:00 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:

I think America was and is ready for their first female POTUS....just not Hillary.

Old 11-12-2018, 06:10 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,688,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Yes, I can imagine it well. America wouldn't be the laughingstock of the world and we'd have a present who wasn't crazy as a loon.

If you think America is the laughingstock of the world you must not get out much. What an uninformed statement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies