Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 01:41 PM

463 posts, read 189,247 times

Advertisements

My opinion on it is the same as God's - it's not valid in his eyes and it's an abomination

Old 11-14-2018, 02:37 PM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCHouseHunter View Post
My opinion on it is the same as God's - it's not valid in his eyes and it's an abomination
Do you also think overeaters should have a knife taken to their throat?

Old 11-14-2018, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Do you also think overeaters should have a knife taken to their throat?
Did I say that in my post?

But, to be generous and answer your question - yes. The penalty for sin is death. Everyone on this planet is a sinner, and everyone on this planet deserves death. The very fact God hasn't killed you on the spot for being an unrepentant sinner is rooted in 'common grace' and points to his love for you

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have the ability to be saved

Course, you'll spit on it and mock it like everyone else who knows more than the omniscient, omnipresent, infinite creator of the universe. After all, you're very smart

Old 11-14-2018, 03:11 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,802,950 times
Quote:
Did I say that in my post?

But, to be generous and answer your question - yes. The penalty for sin is death. Everyone on this planet is a sinner, and everyone on this planet deserves death. The very fact God hasn't killed you on the spot for being an unrepentant sinner is rooted in 'common grace' and points to his love for you

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, made us alive together with Christ - by grace you have the ability to be saved

Course, you'll spit on it and mock it like everyone else who knows more than the omniscient, omnipresent, infinite creator of the universe. After all, you're very smart
You might want to try a little of that mercy. I love when Christians talk about a loving and merciful God when they're so ready themselves to send everybody to hell. And they wonder why more people don't sign up, lol.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You might want to try a little of that mercy. I love when Christians talk about a loving and merciful God when they're so ready themselves to send everybody to hell. And they wonder why more people don't sign up, lol.
I don't wonder for a second why they don't sign up. Satan has blinded you and nothing I say will change anything. Loving Christians could come to your home to minister to you, they could invite you to church, they could witness to you at work, you'd spit in their face and mock them behind their back. You have zero desire to actually discuss anything spiritual, you have zero desire to bear witness to true healing in my life and other's which is only possible through Jesus, because you're a closed-minded individual who knows everything. You think you can out-rationalize and out-wit God. Read Luke 20 1:8 and tell me how that worked out for the Pharisees. Then read Matthew 5:17-20 and tell me where that puts you. We both know you won't, because your only purpose on this forum is to denigrate your opponents and cheer your sympathizers. Even murderers love murderers - so you're no better. Don't preach to someone who can beat you in every argument you bring

Old 11-14-2018, 03:22 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,988,455 times
^ Oh my God...

Old 11-14-2018, 03:26 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
I don't wonder for a second why they don't sign up. Satan has blinded you and nothing I say will change anything. Loving Christians could come to your home to minister to you, they could invite you to church, they could witness to you at work, you'd spit in their face and mock them behind their back. You have zero desire to actually discuss anything spiritual, you have zero desire to bear witness to true healing in my life and other's which is only possible through Jesus, because you're a closed-minded individual who knows everything. You think you can out-rationalize and out-wit God. Read Luke 20 1:8 and tell me how that worked out for the Pharisees. Then read Matthew 5:17-20 and tell me where that puts you. We both know you won't, because your only purpose on this forum is to denigrate your opponents and cheer your sympathizers. Even murderers love murderers - so you're no better. Don't preach to someone who can beat you in every argument you bring

There can be no love found in a faith system that believes that all those who don't believe what they do will have horrible things happen to them.

I mean here you are, quoting blasphemous texts as Gospel, and I (nor my G-d - the G-d of Jesus, by the way) would never imagine that you won't share the world that is to come despite your faults and the evil you hold in your heart.

Old 11-14-2018, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There can be no love found in a faith system that believes that all those who don't believe what they do will have horrible things happen to them.

I mean here you are, quoting blasphemous texts as Gospel, and I (nor my G-d - the G-d of Jesus, by the way) would never imagine that you won't share the world that is to come despite your faults and the evil you hold in your heart.
You are confusing love with justice, like 99.9% of non-believers who use the same old tired argument of 'how could a loving God allow an innocent person to suffer?'

Nobody is innocent, God in his sovereignty sometimes allows things we don't understand, Satan is the true source of evil and turmoil in this world, and your argument that I am quoting blasphemous texts without you providing any source or reasoning does nothing to dispute the gospel which you just half articulated without even knowing

Old 11-14-2018, 03:30 PM

15,861 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
You are confusing love with justice, like 99.9% of non-believers who use the same old tired argument of 'how could a loving God allow an innocent person to suffer?'

Nobody is innocent, God in his sovereignty sometimes allows things we don't understand, Satan is the true source of evil and turmoil in this world, and your argument that I am quoting blasphemous texts without you providing any source or reasoning does nothing to dispute the gospel which you just half articulated without even knowing

Have you asked your rabbi for help with this problem you have with other people? She could help, you know.

Old 11-14-2018, 04:24 PM

1,286 posts, read 1,481,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I don't care one way or another. The LGBT community represents maybe 1% of the total population, therefore insignificant to me.
Haha no, definitely higher than a measly 1%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies