Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 04:29 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,547 posts, read 16,528,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
If you are saying the parties simply switched, then you have to explain why GOP voters don't think FDR was one of the greatest presidents.
You can't explain that.
I never said it was simple, only that it happened. Neither of us seem to disagree about that as you previously stated, so im not sure why you are asking that question.

Quote:
Your theory isn't just that racist Democrats switched to GOP but that they switched to GOP while simultaenously abandoning their fiscal liberalism.
I have no idea what the term "Fiscal liberalism" means, Joni Earnst and Tom Harkin in Iowa talk about farm subsidies the exact same way. That was one of FDR's big programs that won over the South and the Midwest, so are they both fiscally conservative or liberal.

Quote:
You also have not articulated why white racists would flock to the GOP in droves given the GOP has never pushed for segregation, Jim Crow type of policies.
You tell me. Again, we dont disagree that the switch happened.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:30 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,392,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
We have had this conversation as well, most people moving to the SOuth from outside of the SOuth are moving to liberal cities like Ashville, Charleston, Nashville, Austin, Atlanta and so on, not the areas that are growing red, but the ones growing blue.

The areas growing redder actually come from other Southern States.

Also, my premise exist in the context of the eras themselves, the switch in the 60's, 70's and 80's. and the secondary swtich int he 90's and early 2000's and then again around 2010.

Im fine with that, but you cant just talk about who was in national office, because their were plenty of people who became Senators and Governors who werent in politics or were low level at the time.

Thats true to an extent, I can admit that. I however can be honest and say I dont think they all switched for that reason.

2 things can be true at once.

Statement 1: Racist left the Democratic Party
Statement 2: Not everyone who left the Democratic Party was racist.
You haven't provide any evidence that most racists left the Democratic Party to go vote Republican. You can't specifiy what the carrot would be for white racists to flock to the GOP.

I believe there are few white racists in this country today. It seems like liberals like you see a racist behind every bush.

The only reason I can see white racists would come to GOP is because of leftwingers constantly branding the GOP as racist. A dumb racist is probably one of the people that Democrats could fool with their false accusations.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
yes because racists always take the time to do a deep dive into their politics with you before they say something racist.

You are a Jussie Smollett.
What are you even talking about ? in the comment you quoted, I agreed with the OP, who you agree with ???????????

Old 04-27-2019, 04:35 PM

6,061 posts, read 2,008,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Back when Democrats controlled the south they were called "blue dog" Democrats because they were more conservative (like Republicans) then liberals. (Back then blue was Republican and red was Democrat). I think most of those blue dog Democrats stayed Democrats but when others came along they said hey as long as we're going to be racists we may as well be Republicans. So now Republicans control the south

Dinesh D'Souza is also an idiot dick. He blames America for 9/11. He claims that because Obama's book has a "from" instead of an "of" that that means Obama is a Kenyan born Muslim who hates America. And then there's his obsession of how Obama is so awful because he doesn't like colonialism, (which as I recall we fought against) which Dinesh D'Souza seems to think is the greatest thing in the world
There were 54 blue dog members until 2010. Many were recruited by Rahm Emanuel, who was Obama's chief of staff. Most of them lost in Nov. 2010, following the passage of Obamacare in March 2010. Membership dropped down to the low teens after that, but now is back up over 25.

All of this has nothing to do with the topic under discussion, which is the shift that occurred in the South between around 1955-1994.

The comments about D'Souza also have nothing to do with the discussion. Are their any points from D'Souza recounted in post #1 that you find to be inaccurate? It should be easy, since you claim he's an "idiot d***." And if you can't offer a counter-argument against the points of an 'idiot,' what would that make you???

Quote:
What are you even talking about ? in the comment you quoted, I agreed with the OP, who you agree with ???????????
I've noticed a little rountine that many liberals do on these forums....you assert that you meet ton of racists and they all are conservative or Republican.

So before people say something racist to you, they tell you what their stance is on taxes, gun rights, abortion, etc? That doesn't seem plausible.

Or did they say 'This is Trump Country', even if it is the middle of a blue area like Chicago, similar to Jussie's hoax?

Quote:
You haven't provide any evidence that most racists left the Democratic Party to go vote Republican. You can't specifiy what the carrot would be for white racists to flock to the GOP.
You havent proven they stayed either.

But the proof is in the demographics of the parties.

The Democratic parties in the South are either plurality black or majority minority today. Why would racist stay in those parties?

More than half of the leadership in Southern Democratic parties is black, including some black state chairs.

Quote:
I believe there are few white racists in this country today. It seems like liberals like you see a racist behind every bush.
What makes you claim that ?

Quote:
The only reason I can see white racists would come to GOP is because of leftwingers constantly branding the GOP as racist. A dumb racist is probably one of the people that Democrats could fool with their false accusations.
LOL

Old 04-27-2019, 04:37 PM

Quote:
You havent proven they stayed either.

But the proof is in the demographics of the parties.

The Democratic parties in the South are either plurality black or majority minority today. Why would racist stay in those parties?

More than half of the leadership in Southern Democratic parties is black, including some black state chairs.

What makes you claim that ?

LOL
Why would white racists have a problem with black voters if the black voters voted their way on the issues?

That's your false premise.

How many black Democrat politicians were elected by majority of white Democrats? I think most were elected in majority black districts or 40 plus percent black districts.

Also, black people started voting Democrat with FDR, at 70 percent or more in the 1930s. This was 30 years before Democrats gave up on white racism.

By your own logic, white racists should have flocked to GOP in the 1930s.

Today, the white Republican voters in SC have elected 1 of the 3 black senators nationwide. Democrats c ould not win elections without black voter voting Democrat nearly 100 percent but white Republicans in SC have elected 1 out of the 3 black senators.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Why would white racists have a problem with black voters if the black voters voted their way on the issues?

That's your false premise.
No, my premise isnt false, you simply disagree with it.

Your premise is false because agreeing with how someone votes has nothing to do with whether you would be in a party with them.

Quote:
How many black Democrat politicians were elected by majority of white Democrats? I think most were elected in majority black districts or 40 plus percent black districts.
There is not a single majority or plurality black state, so every single black US senator was elected by a majority white population.

as for the House, it will take a lot of research to get that info. I know this past november it was 9 new members,not sure about incumbents winning re election.

This article will help you.
https://prospect.org/article/nine-ne...hite-districts

Quote:
What’s unusual about the nine new members is that all of them prevailed in predominantly white and mostly suburban districts. Five of the nine are women.

Quote:
Also, black people started voting Democrat with FDR, at 70 percent or more in the 1930s. This was 30 years before Democrats gave up on white racism.
Both parties were ok with segregation and racism in the 1930s

Quote:
By your own logic, white racists should have flocked to GOP in the 1930s

Thats not my logic, its yours.

My logic is that the Democratic Party was large with both a left faction, right faction, northern faction, Southern faction, city faction and Country faction. And that at some point, that broke down and the racist left, seems that happened when black people started being able to vote in the Deep South. which was the late 50's early 60's

in the 1930's , the percentage of black people voting was 10% of eligible black voters, most of them being in the Northeast.

Quote:
Today, the white Republican voters in SC have elected 1 of the 3 black senators nationwide.
im good with that.

Old 04-27-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
I've noticed a little rountine that many liberals do on these forums....you assert that you meet ton of racists and they all are conservative or Republican.

So before people say something racist to you, they tell you what their stance is on taxes, gun rights, abortion, etc? That doesn't seem plausible.

Or did they say 'This is Trump Country', even if it is the middle of a blue area like Chicago, similar to Jussie's hoax?
1. Again, the quote you are talking about has nothing to do with that.

2. I was born and raised in the Deep South, my town voted 65% for Trump, my County voted 77% for Trump.

Im not meeting these people for the first time, i see them everyday LOL

Old 04-27-2019, 05:00 PM

Quote:
1. Again, the quote you are talking about has nothing to do with that.

2. I was born and raised in the Deep South, my town voted 65% for Trump, my County voted 77% for Trump.

Im not meeting these people for the first time, i see them everyday LOL
SO you see them every day and they say something racist to you at work but you don't report them to HR? lol

As a Republican in the 'Deep South', I would never talk to a liberal about politics at work because I wouldn't be surprised if they smeared me as a racist to HR.

I've talked to Republican friends in South Carolina and they say they will never admit they voted for Trump while at work because they are afraid of liberals going crazy and calling them a neo Nazi no good rotten racist.

So Republicans are the majority in SC but yet we have to live in the closet regarding our politics.

It seem like at least 50 percent of liberal Democrats are like Jussie Smollet to one degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies