Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2019, 12:15 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 19 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,533,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post

It is odd you would camp out on this topic if you don't believe that, given you are on the left. What's the payoff for you?
Its a discussion forum, and an intersting topic, but again, you dont even disagree there was a switch, you just disagree with the reasoning.

So whats your payoff???????

Old 04-28-2019, 12:16 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,395,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its a discussion forum, and an intersting topic, but again, you dont even disagree there was a switch, you just disagree with the reasoning.

So whats your payoff???????
I don't think there was a switch because the GOP adopted white racism, which is the premise of the Big Switch theory. I don't think most of the white racists switched to GOP even for non-racist reasons. I think most white racists are fiscal liberals.

I also think most white racists are for gun control and for abortion. Nobody ever mentions this but Democrat party started advocating strongly for abortion and gun control at the same time it gave up overt white racism.

I think the south gradually switched to GOP because it became more affluent and because Republicans transplants moved in as it industrialized.

You keep going back to the same talking point.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:20 AM

Quote:
You haven't even defined who the bad Republicans are and how you know they are Republicans. I don't think it is any Republican who is in political office.

Also, you never say Democrats don't call out racist Democrats even though we know this is true. Like that Omar woman, who routinely makes anti-Semitic comments.
1. Steve King is a great example, Also, i never said in office, im talking about everyday people, and I know they are republicans because i listen to their view points and can place them on a political spectrum, some even outright say they are republicans.

2. It isnt antisemitic to point out that AIPAC pays politicians to lobby in favor of Israel, that is a known fact, it is the sole purpose for their existence. It also isnt antisemitic to point out that Israel has killed a lot of innocent people in the west bank and Gaza strip. Again, a fact no one disputes.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:22 AM

Steve King is a great example of how liberals smear people.

He was talking about how liberals try to associate western civilization with white nationalism, and the NY times liberal reporter called it racist. The NY Times proved his point.

It isn't plausible he talked to a liberal NY Times reporter and said something racist to him. Every conservative knows liberals want to call them a racist. Calling political opponents racist is what liberals do.

I'm not surprised you are defending the bigot Omar and you are anti-Israel using Hamas inspired talking points.
Adios.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
I don't think there was a switch because the GOP adopted white racism, which is the premise of the Big Switch theory. I don't think most of the white racists switched to GOP even for non-racist reasons. I think most white racists are fiscal liberals.

the word fiscal liberalism has no meaning

Quote:
I also think most white racists are for gun control and for abortion.
this is actually true, the problem for you is that there are a couple of racist here on C-D who fit that description and are avid trump supporters.

Quote:
I think the south gradually switched to GOP because it became more affluent and because Republicans transplants moved in as it industrialized.
except those people moved to the cities, which flipped from red to blue, not blue to red. for example Jefferson COunty(Birmingham) voted f0r Barack Obama, but hadnt voted for a Democrat since Adlai Stevenson(George Wallace as an IND)

Old 04-28-2019, 12:28 AM

Um, all of the city suburban areas flipped from blue to red in the New South cities starting in 1950s with Eisenhower.

Some of the suburban areas have turned more blue in recent years due to a late wave of liberal transplants.

Go defend Omar.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Steve King is a great example of how liberals smear people.

He was talking about how liberals try to associate western civilization with white nationalism, and the NY times liberal reporter called it racist. The NY Times proved his point.

It isn't plausible he talked to a liberal NY Times reporter and said something racist to him. Every conservative knows liberals want to call them a racist. Calling political opponents racist is what liberals do.

I'm not surprised you are defending the bigot Omar and you are anti-Israel using Hamas inspired talking points.
Adios.
1. Republicans removed Steve King and are funding his primary challenger, so no.

2. No one but people with blinders on pretends that Israel hasnt screwed up a couple of times and killed innocent people.

Again, 2 statements can be true at once.

1. Israel has a right to defend itself.

2. Israel sometimes screws up .

It is sad that you cant admit that simple truth.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. Republicans removed Steve King and are funding his primary challenger, so no.

2. No one but people with blinders on pretends that Israel hasnt screwed up a couple of times and killed innocent people.

Again, 2 statements can be true at once.

1. Israel has a right to defend itself.

2. Israel sometimes screws up .

It is sad that you cant admit that simple truth.
Republican DC people also pushed losers like Romney and McCain. So what.

There's that annoying Ben Shapiro debate formulation again.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Um, all of the city suburban areas flipped from blue to red in the New South cities starting in 1950s with Eisenhower.

Some of the suburban areas have turned more blue in recent years due to a late wave of liberal transplants.

Go defend Omar.
so you admit im right, great.

Old 04-28-2019, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Republican DC people also pushed losers like Romney and McCain. So what.

There's that annoying Ben Shapiro debate formulation again.
so your argument is shifting again LOL. im also not sure why you keep using my Ben Shapiro line considering you are the one moving the goal post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies