Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 11:53 AM

7,727 posts, read 6,284,090 times

Advertisements

Who is Jemel Roberson?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 12:07 PM

8,014 posts, read 3,353,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-46187460

So, the police saw a black guy with a gun, and kill him. But...

He was the security guard who had detained a real bad guy with a gun, and was waiting for police, the same police he wanted to join.

Yeah, I know, I wasn't there, how could I judge. But...

The good guy with a gun preventing killings is killed himself. By police. And many on here wonder why NFL players take a knee.
It serves no purpose to take a knee. Bad police aren't going to stop doing what they do because some NFL player took a knee. Those who support the players already knew about the cause and were already opposed to police actions to begin with, so did the taking of the knee enable these people to put a stop to it when they couldn't before? All it did was tick people off who didn't care about the problem in the first place.

I've been attacked by cops before, and I am a white woman. I was minding my business. I committed no crime. No one cared. Cops don't just target black people. Cops target people for whatever reason they have at the time. I don't ever trust cops.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:11 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,897,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Who is Jemel Roberson?

Yeah, my question, too...

But then, I haven't watched tv in weeks, except for Netflix bingeing of certain shows. The local radio stations and newspaper haven't mentioned the guy.

Who is he, and what is his claim to fame?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM

20,867 posts, read 23,409,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by engineman View Post
Who is Jemel Roberson?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Yeah, my question, too...

He was the black security guard who took down a thief then was shot and killed by police.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:14 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,043,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why would you spread disinformation like this? To what purpose?
Yeah, I don't understand it either. Some folks post flat out lies in attempts to convince other people of things that are flat out false. I don't understand their motivations.

I wish the admin were a lot more hands on and involved with people deliberately posting fake news or making false statements, but they allow it. I guess flat out lies and fake news aren't a violation of ToS.

I'm just used to some of the other political forums I'm on, where there's tons of great debates and conversations between dems and repubs, using factual information. And if somebody posts an untruth or fake news, the admins delete it immediately.

But this place isn't like that, which is fine.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:16 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,043,255 times
I'd really like to hear Dana Loesch chime in on this situationthat outspoken NRA Spokeswoman. The lady with the dark hair.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:21 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,227,611 times
The gun fetishists are too busy attacking doctors to notice.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:23 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,926,768 times
Sounds more like a cop problem than a gun problem, no?

Old 11-14-2018, 12:23 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,897,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He was the black security guard who took down a thief then was shot and killed by police.

Oh, that guy. Stuff happens. IMO, if he had been a white guy, or a hispanic, or an amerind, or an oriental, standing there gun in hand, and didn't drop it, he quite likely would have been shot by police responding to an active shooter scenario.
The fact that he is black makes good copy for the MSM, but it is likely irrelevant to the responding officers.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:25 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,227,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Police are not there to protect & serve any longer.
When they come to take names and clean up the mess, they has one mission when they arrive. Make it home at night.
Shoot first ask questions later is taught over and over to the many police forces around the nation.
It is the entire reason you see so many cops shooting and killing people that should have never ever been shot, much less brandishing upon arrival.
The sad byproduct of a society cursed by guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies