Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 12:47 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
That's what has been reported. All we can do is go by what has been reported, not make things up in your own mind and call them facts.
BY WHOM?

I haven't read all the stories about this. But the ones I've read have not said this. So please cite your source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 12:48 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
I don't remember seeing that on the gun forums I frequent. Most of us are logical thinkers and don't need someone to speak up concerning another person's actions.

As far as getting a cohesive message out, gun owners are a very diverse group and stick their opinions. Even the 2nd Amendment supporters on this site are not in 100% agreement on everything. Since we don't get our talking points from our handlers, we usually just keep quiet until all the facts are in.
I have debated many many gun owners and 2nd Amendment advocates on here and in person. I have never encountered a more hive-minded bunch. The hardliners control the narrative of the gun community and the moderates do what they are told and stay in their place.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:49 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I ask again - what is your source for saying this?
Quote:
BY WHOM?

I haven't read all the stories about this. But the ones I've read have not said this. So please cite your source.
Get new sources and you'll see. It was actually mentioned in the very first article posted in the other thread. From the very first article linked in the very first post in the other thread:

Quote:
A spokeswoman for the Cook County Sheriff's Office said Roberson had a valid FOID card, but did not have a concealed-carry license.
https://wgntv.com/2018/11/11/multipl...ng-police-say/

You need to do better.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Get new sources and you'll see. It was actually mentioned in the very first article posted in the other thread. From the very first article linked in the very first post in the other thread:

https://wgntv.com/2018/11/11/multipl...ng-police-say/

You need to do better.
Glad you brought that up. As I asked a question about that earlier, and received no answer.

Does an armed security guard need a CCL when on duty? And don't armed security officers usually carry openly? I really don't know.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Glad you brought that up. As I asked a question about that earlier, and received no answer.

Does an armed security guard need a CCL when on duty? I really don't know.
He wasn't an armed security guard! He was a damned bouncer! In other words, Bar Security.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:58 PM

Quote:
He wasn't an armed security guard! He was a damned bouncer! In other words, Bar Security.
Please cite your source. The reports I've read have called him a security guard.

I know what a bouncer is. And I agree, it's not the same thing as a security guard. Are you saying that bars can't/don't hire security guards?

Old 11-14-2018, 01:00 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
He was the black security guard who took down a thief then was shot and killed by police.

sounds to me the problem isnt guns its the idiot thugs with badges not taking the time to properly assess the situation, but rather just reacting and shooting first.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:02 PM

505 posts, read 368,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Another fearful frightened idiot with a badge and a gun. Say "boo!" and they open fire. Where do they get these guys?
Trump rallies?

Old 11-14-2018, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Please cite your source. The reports I've read have called him a security guard.
Yeah, they are throwing that around but he was not a real armed security guard. He was a bouncer. You know, the kind that where "Security" shirts in clubs??? Yeah one of those and he wasn't even wearing anything that stated as such. If he was a real security guard wouldn't you think he would have had a uniform with identity markings on it?

Midlothian police officer shoots bouncer at Robbins night club

MSM is conflating the two and calling him a security guard AND a bouncer in the same articles. He was a bouncer working door security that's all.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:

I know what a bouncer is. And I agree, it's not the same thing as a security guard. Are you saying that bars can't/don't hire security guards?
If they do they show up for their shifts in uniform with badges to identify who they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies