Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 10:03 AM

1,239 posts, read 505,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
I don't think it's a crime. But I wouldn't be sorry for any of them if they lost out on college admissions, scholarships or admission into the military.
Magritte25 has been on point throughout this thread.
The kids should get a punishment from their school, and will likely have it effect them through college admissions.
They're either hate filled morons, or just morons, neither of which does well in college anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
yes, and thats were i think the punishment will come from. I absolutely think colleges could and should use this against them for admissions.. scholarships you bet... unless of course there is a 5 star recruit getting a basketball or football scholarship and you can bet this will all be forgotten.. unfortunately. I know its harder to get into the military now that it used to be but i think the military is exactly what some of these kids need and hope the military would not deny any because of this...
Exactly.
It's crazy to see all the apologists out here supporting these kids. Nobody is trying to put them in jail. We are advocating the same consequences that kids would face for similar actions. You do something stupid publicly, it doesn't get ignored, it effects your future.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 10:14 AM

18,258 posts, read 8,060,932 times
The photographer said he told the kids to wave at their parents when he took the picture...
....that's all

http://www.tampabay.com/nation-world...E65af8EogDLeik

Old 11-14-2018, 10:26 AM

1,239 posts, read 505,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
The photographer said he told the kids to wave at their parents when he took the picture...
....that's all
All the evidence points to the photographer being a liar, and a horrible father.

- Other kids have said that the photographer told them to sig-heil.

- The kids are clearly not waving. There are multiple pictures, and there hands remain in the same general place.

- At the exact same time that the kids are waving, two of them decided to give the white power sign? No. At the same time that the kids were giving the nazi salute, 2 of them decided to mix it up with the white power sign.

- The school and town have had problems with racism and bigotry.

That's all, and the kids will deal with the consequences of their actions. Those adults who are defending them come off far worse than some kids who might have made a dumb mistake.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:19 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,395,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
- Other kids have said that the photographer told them to sig-heil.

Yeah let's believe some SJW kids over the adults.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:26 AM

31,343 posts, read 14,093,190 times
Stupid kids.

Old 11-14-2018, 11:41 AM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
On the court house steps, no less.

What were they thinking?

Old 11-14-2018, 11:50 AM

15,455 posts, read 10,373,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
....that's all

Wisconsin boys' Nazi salute was actually a wave to their parents, photographer says
Sounds reasonable to me, half the kids had their arms bent. I'll wait for more kids to be interviewed before I make a call. I mean seriously, doing a Hitler salute would be stupid and serve no purpose anyway. Our student body does this during the school fight song, they point their index finger and tap with the beat. Rather silly, but oh well.

Old 11-14-2018, 12:41 PM

51,587 posts, read 25,525,472 times
Any young man old enough to go to a high school prom knows what the Nazi salute is about.

The young man in the back right hand corner knew and stated that he declined to go along on moral grounds.

Old 11-14-2018, 01:05 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,630,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Any young man old enough to go to a high school prom knows what the Nazi salute is about.

The young man in the back right hand corner knew and stated that he declined to go along on moral grounds.
it appears that nearly half of these kids did NOT do the salute.. you can argue some appear to be waving but its clear as day that many (especially on the left) are doing the Nazi salute.. dumb.. very dumb.. If it were my kid, i would be sick to my stomach and madder than a wet hen..

Old 11-14-2018, 01:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,803,775 times
I doubt they were doing a "Nazi-type" salute. This is America or use to be, or are we globalist occupied Germany too? Even if some kids did want to be wise a guy and do a Nazi salute, probably because it's been made taboo, then that's their prerogative. If anyone doesn't like free speech and expression maybe they should leave.

Frankly, I'm tired of the very racist implication that all whites are synonymous with Nazism and must be controlled. The Nazis were a historical subgroup of a subgroup which most Americans and Europeans had nothing to do with. The implication it's synonymous with all whites is intolerable and needs to be removed from my country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies